ADVERTISEMENT

Is old Doc headed to Arkansas or FAU?

Go ahead. Willing to learn.

With all respect, no you are not.

First, again you change the question. 8-4 is not the best MU or even MU under Doc, has done, so it is really dumb to ask if it is the best we can do, since we can do better. Personally, I believe that, unless program killing delusionals destroy the program, 14-0 is the best we can do.

The problem is you cannot articulate exactly WHY MU is just supposed to win every game. All you have is a childish circular argument that “we” are the best and “they” stink. MEMO: There are 10 year old fans of every team in America that think that. When they grow up, they learn how the world really works.

So. If you really want to learn, then here is your homework:

Complete the following with a reasonable and thought out adult set of reasons:

MU should automatically every year beat (fill in the name of each CUSA school) because ______________ .

Repeat this assignment for each school. “They were I-AA, or did not have a program, when the current players were in grade school” is an automatic fail. The 3 actual advantages I listed in a previous post are a given.

When you fail, totally and completely to make a list that makes sense, you will understand, finally, that you have Spamite level delusion, only turned inward and rotten. MU competes in a fine conference against fine programs, each with their own strengths and weaknesses, and winning it (which we have done) is hard, not easy, and certainly not automatic.

First, again you change the question. 8-4 is not the best MU or even MU under Doc, has done, so it is really dumb to ask if it is the best we can do, since we can do better. Personally, I believe that, unless program killing delusionals destroy the program, 14-0 is the best we can do.

The problem is you cannot articulate exactly WHY MU is just supposed to win every game. All you have is a childish circular argument that “we” are the best and “they” stink. MEMO: There are 10 year old fans of every team in America that think that. When they grow up, they learn how the world really works.

MU should automatically every year beat (fill in the name of each CUSA school) because ______________ .

Repeat this assignment for each school. “They were I-AA, or did not have a program, when the current players were in grade school” is an automatic fail. The 3 actual advantages I listed in a previous post are a given.

When you fail, totally and completely to make a list that makes sense, you will understand, finally, that you have Spamite level delusion, only turned inward and rotten. MU competes in a fine conference against fine programs, each with their own strengths and weaknesses, and winning it (which we have done) is hard, not easy, and certainly not automatic.
We've only hit 9 wins in 4 out of Doc's 10 years and 2019 doesn't look like #5. We can and should do better.

I never said MU is suppossed to win every game. What I have said is that winning the conference championship once a decade should not be acceptable.

Not hard to understand that.

Reactions: W-S HerdFan
You fail the assignment. Incomplete.

And when you spew idiocy about “conference DOA” and ridicule our conference partners, that is EXACTLY what you are saying.

Fail.

You fail the assignment. Incomplete.

And when you spew idiocy about “conference DOA” and ridicule our conference partners, that is EXACTLY what you are saying.

Fail.
Conference DOA is used by somebody else.

So how about that one championship a decade thing? Is that good?

That honestly has nothing to do with it. I just look at things in a different perspective.

Before I say this, realize that Duke looks to win a national championship every year just like Marshall looks to win a conference championship every year. They’re only relative in that manner.

I’m a Duke fan. Have been for longer than I’ve been a Marshall fan.

In the last 10 years, Coach K has lost to Lehigh (NCAA Tournament), Mercer (NCAA Tournament), and Stephen F Austin (at home in what is considered to be the worst loss in over a decade by betting standards).

In those 10 years, he has two national titles and one conference championship. Considering only those 10 years and the number of advantages Duke has, does that make him a shitty coach? No. Shit happens! Even if he only had one national title, I still wouldn’t look at him as failure and call for his head. That’s ludicrous.

I look at Marshall and Doc in a similar fashion. Yes, I realize that Marshall’s conference opponents are not of the same level of competition as Duke’s, but shit still happens. If Doc had two conference titles, would you think better of him? I’d bet not.

The Yankees have just about every advantage there is in baseball. They have history, facilities, their own TV network and money, yet they haven’t won a World Series in 10 years. Shit happens!

The best or most talented teams don’t always win.

That’s how I look at it. Agree or disagree, I don’t really care.

Seriously. You're comparing the ACC (basketball) to C-USA (football)?.

That honestly has nothing to do with it. I just look at things in a different perspective.

Before I say this, realize that Duke looks to win a national championship every year just like Marshall looks to win a conference championship every year. They’re only relative in that manner.

I’m a Duke fan. Have been for longer than I’ve been a Marshall fan.

In the last 10 years, Coach K has lost to Lehigh (NCAA Tournament), Mercer (NCAA Tournament), and Stephen F Austin (at home in what is considered to be the worst loss in over a decade by betting standards).

In those 10 years, he has two national titles and one conference championship. Considering only those 10 years and the number of advantages Duke has, does that make him a shitty coach? No. Shit happens! Even if he only had one national title, I still wouldn’t look at him as failure and call for his head. That’s ludicrous.

I look at Marshall and Doc in a similar fashion. Yes, I realize that Marshall’s conference opponents are not of the same level of competition as Duke’s, but shit still happens. If Doc had two conference titles, would you think better of him? I’d bet not.

The Yankees have just about every advantage there is in baseball. They have history, facilities, their own TV network and money, yet they haven’t won a World Series in 10 years. Shit happens!

The best or most talented teams don’t always win.

That’s how I look at it. Agree or disagree, I don’t really care.

Seriously. You're comparing the ACC (basketball) to C-USA (football)?.
The highest level of college basketball and the highest level of college football. Bama is slipping and Charlotte is rising. C-USA is the new SEC :D

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT