ADVERTISEMENT

It’s Bob Pruett time

Don’t need him to talk, here lately the Football coach should say less than more. If he can write X’s and O’s on a chalkboard he’s better than what we have now

Id call BP and see if he'd like to be the head coach for the bowl game if Huff were to actually resign.

That would be a fun moment and give ESPN something to talk about other than the complete mess our program has been leading up to the game.

I remember the radio show that Pruett did with Nehlen and Weekly. Dave was consistently having to reel Pruett in because he would drift off.

Does him coaching one game enable him to be selected for the Hall of Fame thing?

He should already be enshrined with that
He's actually 1 year short.
  1. A coach becomes eligible three years after retirement or immediately following retirement provided he is at least 70 years of age. Active coaches become eligible at 75 years of age. He must have been a head coach for a minimum of 10 years and coached at least 100 games with a .600 winning percentage*.

Id call BP and see if he'd like to be the head coach for the bowl game if Huff were to actually resign.

That would be a fun moment and give ESPN something to talk about other than the complete mess our program has been leading up to the game.
...and you're gonna see a complete mess of the game.
Pruett isn't going to be able to coach in this era.

...and you're gonna see a complete mess of the game.
Pruett isn't going to be able to coach in this era.
We may see that anyway... And its a one-game ceremonial gig... Semore and Doege call the plays for the offense and defense. BP just has to manage the sidelines and know when to call timeout.

He's actually 1 year short.
  1. A coach becomes eligible three years after retirement or immediately following retirement provided he is at least 70 years of age. Active coaches become eligible at 75 years of age. He must have been a head coach for a minimum of 10 years and coached at least 100 games with a .600 winning percentage*.
would they count one bowl game as a season?

Reactions: HerdGrad1999
Imagine your Doege and you come here to coach a bowl only to find out Huff quit and the next head coach doesn't want you as the OC. I feel for the guy if all of this plays out.

We may see that anyway... And its a one-game ceremonial gig... Semore and Doege call the plays for the offense and defense. BP just has to manage the sidelines and know when to call timeout.

Nah, he had his time in the spotlight.

Thanks for the memories and seasons, no thanks on the jumping ship when you did since ego is more important than anything.
He can continue to stay out of coaching.

Nah, he had his time in the spotlight.

Thanks for the memories and seasons, no thanks on the jumping ship when you did since ego is more important than anything.
He can continue to stay out of coaching.
conor-mc-gregor-who-the-fook-is-that-guy.gif

Imagine your Doege and you come here to coach a bowl only to find out Huff quit and the next head coach doesn't want you as the OC. I feel for the guy if all of this plays out.
Or if Marshall were to terminate Huff within the next couple business days, perhaps Doege will play it safe and request to rescind his resignation.

Or if Marshall were to terminate Huff within the next couple business days, perhaps Doege will play it safe and request to rescind his resignation.

Honestly, it wouldn't shock me if Doege was told, "this is your team if you want it. I'm checking out after next season if I can't get myself fired before then."

Bob could be the (LRHMS) - Locker Room Halftime Motivational Speaker…

Best in the business, as far as the 90’s are concerned….

Reactions: herd66
Can you imagine if this NIL deal would have been around during Pruett's time. The way he could work the crowd and his relationships in the community? We would be playing in the Orange Bowl.

Can you imagine if this NIL deal would have been around during Pruett's time. The way he could work the crowd and his relationships in the community? We would be playing in the Orange Bowl.

Haha you think MU could have afforded to keep the guys they had?
It'd have put us in a bidding war for Randy Moss and we certainly would have lost out on that.

Reactions: W-S HerdFan
Haha you think MU could have afforded to keep the guys they had?
It'd have put us in a bidding war for Randy Moss and we certainly would have lost out on that.
Guarantee he would have thrived in it. Now we have coaches and players and others bitching that they can't find NIL money. Bob Pruett had the relationships. He worked the crowd and the community.

Guarantee he would have thrived in it. Now we have coaches and players and others bitching that they can't find NIL money. Bob Pruett had the relationships. He worked the crowd and the community.
i am - you remember him differently than I. “Aw shucks, fellas” Bob was very popular, but this new fangled, NIL/portal deal would’ve thrown him for a loop!
“Elsie! Would you PLEASE explain this crap to me again?”

i am - you remember him differently than I. “Aw shucks, fellas” Bob was very popular, but this new fangled, NIL/portal deal would’ve thrown him for a loop!
“Elsie! Would you PLEASE explain this crap to me again?”
really? You don't think he could have got money flowing in? Cmon. You remember those guys like Marshall Reynolds, Mike Perry, Kenny Grant, etc.? You don't think they would have been throwing money around. Hell, they were doing it then.

Now, Marshall is just boring as watching grass grow. Bob Pruett could sleep walk through 6 and 6 in the Sunbelt or that last version of CUSA. He was loading up with talent back in the day, way ahead of our peers.

Jim Donnand and Bob Pruett could coach. We haven't had one remotely in their league since then.

Huff and Snyder might be battling it out for the worst since the 70's Doc was like the C student in school. D in Algebra and an A is gym class. C average. We have had two or three teams worth a lick in 20 years.

Marshall Reynolds, Mike Perry, Kenny Grant, etc.? You don't think they would have been throwing money around. Hell, they were doing it then.
Blasphemy! According to one armchair expert on here.......this never happened! Right @The Real SamC ???

These were the known players. There were many more unknown, nameless boosters to the programs providing much more. Many have long since passed. No one left to fill that void.

Gee…..I guess Perry Moss was just ahead of his time!
That is not what I mean...Bob Pruett knew how to work the community. He new how to work with the business people and leaders. When he walked in the room he got attention. Plus, he could coach.

Heck yes, he was made for what is going on now.

Reactions: herd66
Blasphemy! According to one armchair expert on here.......this never happened! Right @The Real SamC ???

These were the known players. There were many more unknown, nameless boosters to the programs providing much more. Many have long since passed. No one left to fill that void.
We have a billionaire (or whatever) alumni governor and a billionaire(or whatever) alumni school President and we can't find 50 grand to pay a quarterback? Damn, we probably have the best soccer coach in the country at a school in a state where they didn't even know what soccer was until 8 years or ago or something like that. Dudes won a national championship in a state that doesn't know much about soccer with ver few high level soccer players and we can't find 50 grand to get a receiver who can run a post pattern and get by people?

We have a billionaire (or whatever) alumni governor and a billionaire(or whatever) alumni school President and we can't find 50 grand to pay a quarterback? Damn, we probably have the best soccer coach in the country at a school in a state where they didn't even know what soccer was until 8 years or ago or something like that. Dudes won a national championship in a state that doesn't know much about soccer with ver few high level soccer players and we can't find 50 grand to get a receiver who can run a post pattern and get by people?
It took all day to raise a meager 50k goal with hundreds of donors.

You've openly bragged about not donating to the programs to "send a message"... But someone else should just cut a 50k check to buy a QB?

It took all day to raise a meager 50k goal with hundreds of donors.

You've openly bragged about not donating to the programs to "send a message"... But someone else should just cut a 50k check to buy a QB?
No, I am just wondering why Marshall is struggling with NIL money. People can do what they want. I have no interest in donating money for a college football players salary or money. I am wondering why Marshall is struggling for businesses and such to donate to NIL money. Not that In would expect them to Alabama or Texas but, you would think someone would want some advertising or just want do it. I am not expecting them to.

I stated I dont donate to athletic scholarships anymore. I would rather give to something else other than athletes who want to play college sports.

No, I am just wondering why Marshall is struggling with NIL money. People can do what they want. I have no interest in donating money for a college football players salary or money. I am wondering why Marshall is struggling for businesses and such to donate to NIL money. Not that In would expect them to Alabama or Texas but, you would think someone would want some advertising or just want do it. I am not expecting them to.

I stated I dont donate to athletic scholarships anymore. I would rather give to something else other than athletes who want to play college sports.
What businesses? What "commercials" are you going to produce for no one to watch. Fast food chains, a hospital system (now owned/controlled by Marshall), law firms, car dealerships, make up the "big" money in the area. NO ONE has $$ to throw around without a return on the investment. Your answering your own question with the question.

What businesses? What "commercials" are you going to produce for no one to watch. Fast food chains, a hospital system (now owned/controlled by Marshall), law firms, car dealerships, make up the "big" money in the area. NO ONE has $$ to throw around without a return on the investment. Your answering your own question with the question.
Well, there we have it. What I am getting at is we don't have any relationships where they go to a money dude or business or whatever and say I need some money to get a quarterback. Nobody will do that? Hell some of these people have to be giving money to the school or BIg Green. Why not refocus it? These damn scholarships don't cost the school a thing other than on paper. Those student athletes are not taking a spot at the school from someone else. Just write the damn scholarship off. The Big Green and things like that are outdated. You need money not for scholarships you need money to get good players or better players now.

That is what I am trying to understand here. If Joe Blow is giving 50 grand to the Big Green or 10 grand or 500 bucks why not take that and use it for NIL deals? What do these scholarships cost a public shool? It is just a shell game. Ok, you can go to class for free. Here are some books(do they even use books anymore). Hell, just take the class on-line. Here is your C or B. Take the money and get players.

Is someonone out selling this? Maybe they should ask.

Speaking of that look what Coastal is doing.

Coastal Carolina's first NIL collective is closing. Why it could hurt CCU going forward. Coastal Carolina University's first name, image and likeness collective for CCU football will be no more by the end of 2023, dealing a blow to CCU's continuing efforts to compete at the national level.

It goes on to say players can get private deals on their own.

Last edited:
ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT