ADVERTISEMENT

JCE Gate Opening

I believe 90 mins prior to kickoff.

I hope you enjoy yourself. I have been to Hattiesburg for every game MU has been there, I guess 5 times. It is my absolute favorite C-USA trip. Great food, wonderful hospitality and beautiful campus.

Reactions: GeauxHerd
Reactions: dn12005
Thanks for the response @Herdmeister. Glad you've enjoyed your trips to Hattiesburg.

I don't get to the "Sip" often being that I have moved a lot, mostly overseas. I've been on the East Coast now for six years (Maryland for the past five years). I try to make all of USM's games on/near the East Coast.

Another question. I didn't stick to my schedule the last time ( 2011, also my first) I visited JCE and ended up parking off the main road/highway adjacent to the main drag that the stadium is on. Any recommendation for visitor arrival time, parking, and eateries? I should make it to Huntington before 2 P.M., check in at the Hampton Inn in Barboursville.

True story. My last visited, I stayed at the same Hampton Inn and had the entire Marshall Football Team/Staff as fellow guest-mates. They were some big dudes...but very humble and polite. Hoping to strike gold again, but with a different result at the end.

Hope you enjoy your visit. Glad you guys are coming back life again. The conference needs you guys to be good again. Now just not this Friday!

Thanks for the response @Herdmeister. Glad you've enjoyed your trips to Hattiesburg.

I don't get to the "Sip" often being that I have moved a lot, mostly overseas. I've been on the East Coast now for six years (Maryland for the past five years). I try to make all of USM's games on/near the East Coast.

Another question. I didn't stick to my schedule the last time ( 2011, also my first) I visited JCE and ended up parking off the main road/highway adjacent to the main drag that the stadium is on. Any recommendation for visitor arrival time, parking, and eateries? I should make it to Huntington before 2 P.M., check in at the Hampton Inn in Barboursville.

True story. My last visited, I stayed at the same Hampton Inn and had the entire Marshall Football Team/Staff as fellow guest-mates. They were some big dudes...but very humble and polite. Hoping to strike gold again, but with a different result at the end.
There is a large parking lot on the same side of the same street of the stadium. (3rd Ave also known as US 60) It is just across the rail road tracks from the stadium. $15 that goes to the United Way.
There are a few places to eat within walking distance of the stadium. I never go since I'm not a burger kind of guy, but Fat Patty's seems to be the rave. I must say I've only been there once but others on here will tell you its the greatest thing since sliced bread. There is also a Mexican restaurant and a pizza place across from the Joan.
Please drive safely and enjoy the trip.

There is a large parking lot on the same side of the same street of the stadium. (3rd Ave also known as US 60) It is just across the rail road tracks from the stadium. $15 that goes to the United Way.
There are a few places to eat within walking distance of the stadium. I never go since I'm not a burger kind of guy, but Fat Patty's seems to be the rave. I must say I've only been there once but others on here will tell you its the greatest thing since sliced bread. There is also a Mexican restaurant and a pizza place across from the Joan.
Please drive safely and enjoy the trip.

At the top of this board is a visitors guide post. Has a gameday parking map and links to some of the restaurants in town. My suggestion is to try the Marshall Hall of Fame Cafe downtown.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT