ADVERTISEMENT

JMU announcement Friday

The Real SamC

Platinum Buffalo
Feb 15, 2007
Sports Business Journal reports that JMU’s SBC announcement will be as soon as Friday.

Apparently the CAA presidents met via Zoom last night and voted that JMU will be immediately banned from all CAA championships THIS YEAR, should it leave the conference. JMU is currently 5-1 in conference in football, but at 7-1 overall would probably get an at-large to the I-AA playoffs anyway. It is scheduled to HOST the men’s soccer tournament, which starts on the 11th, as well as the women’s basketball, lacrosse, and softball league tournaments later in the year, all of which it would be banned from.

Apparently this means that JMU would need a home for all its sports as soon as next year, so it would probably be some kind of associate SBC member in 22.

Someone posted on here that it's $3 million to get out of CUSA immediately and enter the SBC in 2022... I wonder what the cost is with the CAA?

If I were JMU, I would be preparing to take everything to the SBC next season.

And the CAA doubles down on the petty.

It “time buys” 15 basketball games on CBSSN. It other words its rights fee is a negative number, it pays the TV to show the games, not the other way around.

The CAA released a TV schedule in September. Today, it revised it to delete the 5 James Madison appearances and replace them with other games.

Petty.

Is the idea of MU leaving for the Sun Belt early over with now?
IMHO,

It all comes down to $$. Disney $$. Mostly related to the SEC move up by the Big 2. Does Disney want to pay the Big 12 leftovers, Fox, CBS, and the AAC leftovers for everybody to get free quicker?

The biggest problem is cash to be paid to C-USA to get away from that disaster of a conference. Unfortunately, Marshall supports do not have deep pockets so it takes time to collect the money to be paid out. If Marshall can win the division and them win the conference the money being paid in a better bowl would with the payments.

The biggest problem is cash to be paid to C-USA to get away from that disaster of a conference. Unfortunately, Marshall supports do not have deep pockets so it takes time to collect the money to be paid out. If Marshall can win the division and them win the conference the money being paid in a better bowl would with the payments.
Except bowls aren't supposed to matter. At least thats what I'm told by the boards.
What would be interesting is if CUSA pays for the team to go to said bowl, despite wanting to leave early.

Reactions: Herdmaster
Marshall's bowl game is not predicated on a conference title. Besides, the CUSA tie-ins are bush league. We could win the championship or go 6-6. We would get the same bowl. It's all about match ups. And the payouts for any bowls we might go to might buy a cup of coffee.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT