ADVERTISEMENT

Just Asking

bbneutralfan

Gold Buffalo
Sep 29, 2010
Anyone know why the Middle Tennessee band did not perform either prior to or at halftime last night? That had to cost the school some $$$ to bring there band to Marshall to only sit in the stands. If it was our band making the trip to MTSU and not getting to play our fans would be upset. Just asking as I thought it made us look a little like we didn't want them to perform.

Visiting bands routinely don't have any on field participation. They're there to lend support for the team and their fans.

Reactions: Herd Fever
K but seems a bit expensive. Marching Thunder generally only goes to a P5 location - not a CUSA stadium just to support the team but I guess you are right.

I would think if the home team extends an invitation in advance to a visiting band they might perform on field. My experience is the visiting band only brings a portion of the full unit much as a pep band for basketball. For instance Thurs night unc-cheat brought probably 75 members of the band even thought they are 10 minutes away. Without looking I would say the ACC has guidelines regarding the number of band members that travel to away games.

My sister in law asked a couple of the Middle Tennessee band members that question as they were leaving the other night and they said they didn't perform because they just brought their "pep band". Wasn't their full marching band.

I found it rude that when our band would play they would start. Our band needed to blow harder. They kept getting drowned out.

I found it rude that when our band would play they would start. Our band needed to blow harder. They kept getting drowned out.
They also played when we got the "We Are...Marshall" chant going pretty strong there in the second half.

I thought that could have been a pretty special moment, everything considered. But with the lack of people, the chant couldn't drown out their band.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT