ADVERTISEMENT

Kendal Briles

any truth to the rumor Kendal Briles may be the new OC ?

I've personally not heard anything and the pessimist in me doesn't see it happening. But if it did it would certainly go a long way to re-engaging me in the program.

noway... he's too young and didn't previously coach here...

would be awesome if it happened though

Reactions: HerdFan73
In light of what's happened elsewhere in the conference, that would be about the only hire that would shake things up here!

I'll be shocked if Legg gets canned. I see this whole thing back to the usual next year.

Doc cannot, will not, fire his buddy Bill Legg. Instead Doc seems content to let Legg destroy his (Docs) legacy at Marshall.

It's surprising to see the lack of objection on here towards hiring Kendall Briles given what happened at Baylor.

Not judging, just an observation.

Only thing that bothers me is he wasn't slick enough to avoid getting caught. Every school, E-V-E-R-Y single one does it. Some just have more money and are better at hiding it than others.

To be clear, Im talking about the recruiting violations, not the sexual assault.

If he knew about that and covered it up like his dad, he's a piece of sh*t.

Reactions: ohio herd
Only thing that bothers me is he wasn't slick enough to avoid getting caught. Every school, E-V-E-R-Y single one does it. Some just have more money and are better at hiding it than others.

Its not that he isn't slick enough, it's because he coached at Baylor. If he was at Texas, A&M, or Oklahoma this would have never came up.

Most sportswriters and broadcasters believe that Kendell Briles is radioactive. Hard to imagine any Division I would hire him yet many on this board seem all for it. Kind of surprises me.

Most sportswriters and broadcasters believe that Kendell Briles is radioactive. Hard to imagine any Division I would hire him yet many on this board seem all for it. Kind of surprises me.

What, exactly, had Briles been accused of? Kendal that is.

Also, Lane Kiffin has been considered radioactive. Same for Bobby petrino. That hasn't stopped our division mates. Both those schools are still standing.

What, exactly, had Briles been accused of? Kendal that is.
NCAA is investigating recruiting violations currently but he's also been painted by the broad brush sex scandal at Baylor. How did he not know, people ask.

He was also a central figure in the plauets opting to don black unis in support of Art Briles for a game this season.

NCAA is investigating recruiting violations currently but he's also been painted by the broad brush sex scandal at Baylor. How did he not know, people ask.

He was also a central figure in the plauets opting to don black unis in support of Art Briles for a game this season.

He contacted a recruit outside of a permitted contact period. He should be reprimanded because he probably knew better, and he was. He was suspended a game. But that's hardly something we're in a position to turn our noses up at someone over. Especially someone named Briles.

From what I heard is that a few donors stepped up with more money to hire a quality OC. More than what Legg is getting. It might happen. Let's pray

Reactions: HubbMU
From what I heard is that a few donors stepped up with more money to hire a quality OC. More than what Legg is getting. It might happen. Let's pray

Not that he's the only good hire out there, but I was surprised to see that Briles is only making 250k at Baylor. We can afford him.

But according to Landon Legg will be back so I guess we are getting out hopes up for nothing.

Also, Lane Kiffin has been considered radioactive. Same for Bobby petrino. That hasn't stopped our division mates. Both those schools are still standing.
no one would hire Huggins at a point. a year at Kstate ad all forgotten

Guys I am as big of a Herd Fan as anyone but to think that Kendal Briles will come here is just plain stupid! Why would someone who has coached at a P5 school and had great success even consider coming to Marshall? He will have many better options than Marshall. He might not end up as a OC but more than likely a QB coach at a P5 school. Our best option is to get an up and coming OC from a G5 school who wants to move up the ladder. JMO.

the reason that he would come here is the trouble that Baylor got into under his father's watch and the fact that he is being investigated for recruiting infractions. obviously we wouldn't have a chance to land him if this was not in play ... i'm perfectly ok with that

Man, doesnt it pay to be on the paid board.

Briles is definitely in consideration for the OC position here because the current Baylor staff wont be retained.

the reason that he would come here is the trouble that Baylor got into under his father's watch and the fact that he is being investigated for recruiting infractions. obviously we wouldn't have a chance to land him if this was not in play ... i'm perfectly ok with that

Your completely wrong here.

Kendal wasnt ever questioned regarding the allegations. And he has been cleared for recruiting violations by the NCAA.

We will always be under NCAA suspecion because of our Futures program, I know for a fact that a few conference mates including 1 coach who no longer coaches in CUSA went to the NCAA regarding our recruitment of Non-qualifiers.

Man, doesnt it pay to be on the paid board.

Briles is definitely in consideration for the OC position here because the current Baylor staff wont be retained.

This has to be the biggest no shit statement in the history of the board

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT