ADVERTISEMENT

Lab leak most likely theory

i am herdman

Platinum Buffalo
Gold Member
Mar 5, 2006
NEW: A laboratory leak is now the more likely origin of Covid, MPs have heard, because after two years of searching an animal host has never been found Read more: https://telegraph.co.uk/news/2021/12/15/wuhan-lab-leak-now-likely-origin-covid-mps-told/

LrEEvwjE

And just like that the resident CCP apologist shows up to deflect and run cover...
No surprise there, other than how open he is in support of the Chink regimes.

I remember how he supported that terrorist from Iran after Trump made dust out of him. Hard to imagine there's people in America (particularly in WV, and even more particular out Wayne) that openly support our enemies.

But, this greed dude is an angry, anti-American who hates the red, white, and blue.

There is a 99% likelihood that the virus came from the Wuhan lab. If you can't see that, you are either intentionally ignoring the obvious evidence or you are a moron.

There is a 99% likelihood that the virus came from the Wuhan lab. If you can't see that, you are either intentionally ignoring the obvious evidence or you are a moron.
There's a 100% probability that you're a lying idiot.

They are a disaster waiting to happen.
WASHINGTON —
Vice President Kamala Harris said Friday that the administration failed to anticipate the variants that have prolonged and worsened the COVID-19 pandemic and that she underestimated the role misinformation would play in prolonging the disease that has killed 800,000 Americans.

“We didn’t see Delta coming. I think most scientists did not — upon whose advice and direction we have relied — didn’t see Delta coming,” she said. “We didn’t see Omicron coming. And that’s the nature of what this, this awful virus has been, which as it turns out, has mutations and variants.

wow, now I am treasonous scumbag? are you extra bitter this morning?? The US govt disagrees with you by the way. They vet those things you know
Yes. You are a TREASONOUS SCUMBAG. Are you talking about the US govt that you supported an insurrection against in order to overturn a free and fair election. Yes, it's the same one. And the US government cannot accurately vet people like you. There were people like you, veterans and active military, that participated in the insurrection. Idiot.

WASHINGTON —
Vice President Kamala Harris said Friday that the administration failed to anticipate the variants that have prolonged and worsened the COVID-19 pandemic and that she underestimated the role misinformation would play in prolonging the disease that has killed 800,000 Americans.

“We didn’t see Delta coming. I think most scientists did not — upon whose advice and direction we have relied — didn’t see Delta coming,” she said. “We didn’t see Omicron coming. And that’s the nature of what this, this awful virus has been, which as it turns out, has mutations and variants.
we haven't even started talking about the Russians or Chinese militarily yet

Yes. You are a TREASONOUS SCUMBAG. Are you talking about the US govt that you supported an insurrection against in order to overturn a free and fair election. Yes, it's the same one. And the US government cannot accurately vet people like you. There were people like you, veterans and active military, that participated in the insurrection. Idiot.
Not me moron. Yes they do vet things. I am clear all good and work with them. You better watch throwing terms around like that some people are not as nice as me or know you are just crazy.

WASHINGTON —

Jesus Christ she needs to stop talking.

It was inevitable there would be variants. Anyone with even a layman understanding of how viruses work would know that there is a high probability a variant develops. The unpredictable thing is the effect of the variation. In general viruses will get more transmissible but less virulent as time goes, though there are exceptions.

But for her to say we didn’t foresee that there even would be variants is ridiculous.

edit: Regarding natural versus lab leak, I still don’t think we can be totally sure. It’s fine to say that you think it probably was a lab leak, but shouting down people who think it probably wasn’t (who, to be fair, were the earliest and loudest at shouting down the possibility of a lab leak) is disingenuous. If I had to bet money I would bet on lab leak, but I’m not 100% sure. Or even 80%.

Jesus Christ she needs to stop talking.

It was inevitable there would be variants. Anyone with even a layman understanding of how viruses work would know that there is a high probability a variant develops. The unpredictable thing is the effect of the variation. In general viruses will get more transmissible but less virulent as time goes, though there are exceptions.

But for her to say we didn’t foresee that there even would be variants is ridiculous.

edit: Regarding natural versus lab leak, I still don’t think we can be totally sure. It’s fine to say that you think it probably was a lab leak, but shouting down people who think it probably wasn’t (who, to be fair, were the earliest and loudest at shouting down the possibility of a lab leak) is disingenuous. If I had to bet money I would bet on lab leak, but I’m not 100% sure. Or even 80%.
In the article, she's quoted numerous times using the term "we" which implies she's speaking about the administration. I'm starting to think Biden is part of the contingent who disapproves of the job she's doing. According to the LA Times, he net favorability is lower than Pence, Cheney, & Gore's.
I didn't vote for Hillary, wasn't a fan, but I at least understood why they were running her. Didn't vote for Trump but he's such a force of nature (& knows how to rile up the base) that it makes sense he got the votes. I don't get any of that with Kamala.

In the article, she's quoted numerous times using the term "we" which implies she's speaking about the administration. I'm starting to think Biden is part of the contingent who disapproves of the job she's doing. According to the LA Times, he net favorability is lower than Pence, Cheney, & Gore's.
I didn't vote for Hillary, wasn't a fan, but I at least understood why they were running her. Didn't vote for Trump but he's such a force of nature (& knows how to rile up the base) that it makes sense he got the votes. I don't get any of that with Kamala.
Life long govt machine at work

Kamala Harris blew it by talking. If they would have just played a tape of Michelle Obama talking and let Kamala Harris just stand in front of it, that would have been good. She blew it with her own actual thoughts.

And I don't see this fake bird flu coming from anywhere, because I can't see it. It's not real just like every other fairy tale. The thing is faker than WWE wrestling.

“We have it totally under control. It’s one person coming in from China. We have it under control. It’s going to be just fine.”

“We think we have it very well under control. We have very little problem in this country at this moment — five — and those people are all recuperating successfully."

“deadly stuff”

“under control”

“It goes through air, Bob. That’s always tougher than the touch … You just breathe the air and that’s how it’s passed. And, so that’s a very tricky one. … It’s also more deadly than your – you know, your, even your strenuous flus. … This is more deadly. This is 5, you know, this is 5% versus 1% and less than 1%. You know, so, this is deadly stuff.”

“Now, the virus that we’re talking about having to do — you know, a lot of people think that goes away in April with the heat — as the heat comes in. Typically, that will go away in April. We’re in great shape though. We have 12 cases — 11 cases, and many of them are in good shape now.”

“The Coronavirus is very much under control in the USA. We are in contact with everyone and all relevant countries. CDC & World Health have been working hard and very smart. Stock Market starting to look very good to me!”

So we’re at the low level. As they get better, we take them off the list, so that we’re going to be pretty soon at only five people. And we could be at just one or two people over the next short period of time. So we’ve had very good luck.”

“I think every aspect of our society should be prepared. I don’t think it’s going to come to that, especially with the fact that we’re going down, not up. We’re going very substantially down, not up.” — when asked if “U.S. schools should be preparing for a coronavirus spreading.”

“I want you to understand something that shocked me when I saw it that — and I spoke with Dr. [Anthony] Fauci on this, and I was really amazed, and I think most people are amazed to hear it: The flu, in our country, kills from 25,000 people to 69,000 people a year. That was shocking to me. And, so far, if you look at what we have with the 15 people and their recovery, one is — one is pretty sick but hopefully will recover, but the others are in great shape. But think of that: 25,000 to 69,000. Over the last 10 years, we’ve lost 360,000.”

“It’s going to disappear. One day — it’s like a miracle — it will disappear.”

“I think it’s very safe,” Trump tells reporters that morning when asked whether having rallies during a public health crisis was safe."

“No, I’m not concerned at all. No, we’ve done a great job with it.”

“This is a very contagious — this is a very contagious virus. It’s incredible. But it’s something that we have tremendous control over.”

“I’ve always known this is a — this is a real — this is a pandemic. I’ve felt it was a pandemic long before it was called a pandemic.”

“So I think Easter Sunday and you’ll have packed churches all over our country. I think it would be a beautiful time. And it’s just about the timeline that I think is right.”

“We can expect that, by June 1st, we will be well on our way to recovery. We think, by June 1st, a lot of great things will be happening.”

And still swallowing the CCP's "official" storyline...

And still swallowing the CCP's "official" storyline...
You and the rest of the conservative morons haven't figured out I used the same source as the treasonous scumbag OP started the thread with. Maybe one of these days you pig-headed dolts will figure out your speculation is not the same as facts.

Greed defender or China. Only person I know of of that defends China. Why?

The guy "responsible" for those 200,000 deaths is gone. What should we do with a guy who is responsible for twice that many deaths, and who had multiple vaccines available to him?
Given the administration, by the VP’s own admission, didn’t anticipate the variants, they are culpable.

Given the rate of infection & number of deaths being reported by the media, I'd say it's surprising they're waiting until Tuesday for Biden's statement, but since they didn't anticipate the variants, they're probably still trying to piece together a statement.

“We have it totally under control. It’s one person coming in from China. We have it under control. It’s going to be just fine.”

“We think we have it very well under control. We have very little problem in this country at this moment — five — and those people are all recuperating successfully."

“deadly stuff”

“under control”

“It goes through air, Bob. That’s always tougher than the touch … You just breathe the air and that’s how it’s passed. And, so that’s a very tricky one. … It’s also more deadly than your – you know, your, even your strenuous flus. … This is more deadly. This is 5, you know, this is 5% versus 1% and less than 1%. You know, so, this is deadly stuff.”

“Now, the virus that we’re talking about having to do — you know, a lot of people think that goes away in April with the heat — as the heat comes in. Typically, that will go away in April. We’re in great shape though. We have 12 cases — 11 cases, and many of them are in good shape now.”

“The Coronavirus is very much under control in the USA. We are in contact with everyone and all relevant countries. CDC & World Health have been working hard and very smart. Stock Market starting to look very good to me!”

So we’re at the low level. As they get better, we take them off the list, so that we’re going to be pretty soon at only five people. And we could be at just one or two people over the next short period of time. So we’ve had very good luck.”

“I think every aspect of our society should be prepared. I don’t think it’s going to come to that, especially with the fact that we’re going down, not up. We’re going very substantially down, not up.” — when asked if “U.S. schools should be preparing for a coronavirus spreading.”

“I want you to understand something that shocked me when I saw it that — and I spoke with Dr. [Anthony] Fauci on this, and I was really amazed, and I think most people are amazed to hear it: The flu, in our country, kills from 25,000 people to 69,000 people a year. That was shocking to me. And, so far, if you look at what we have with the 15 people and their recovery, one is — one is pretty sick but hopefully will recover, but the others are in great shape. But think of that: 25,000 to 69,000. Over the last 10 years, we’ve lost 360,000.”

“It’s going to disappear. One day — it’s like a miracle — it will disappear.”

“I think it’s very safe,” Trump tells reporters that morning when asked whether having rallies during a public health crisis was safe."

“No, I’m not concerned at all. No, we’ve done a great job with it.”

“This is a very contagious — this is a very contagious virus. It’s incredible. But it’s something that we have tremendous control over.”

“I’ve always known this is a — this is a real — this is a pandemic. I’ve felt it was a pandemic long before it was called a pandemic.”

“So I think Easter Sunday and you’ll have packed churches all over our country. I think it would be a beautiful time. And it’s just about the timeline that I think is right.”

“We can expect that, by June 1st, we will be well on our way to recovery. We think, by June 1st, a lot of great things will be happening.”
I read every word of that essay length post. Then I asked myself, “Why?”

Serious question. Over the course of the last three months how did you go from 15% for a lab leak (intentional or accidental) to well over 50%?

There’s basically three possibilities and all would have started in China. Something jumped the animal-human barrier in one of their god-awful meat markets, an accidental lab leak, or an intentional lab leak.
I would put the odds somewhere around 85/14/1 on those three.

Serious question. Over the course of the last three months how did you go from 15% for a lab leak (intentional or accidental) to well over 50%?
There seems to be an accelerating rate of respected people in the field saying they believe that a lab leak is the most likely origin.

There seems to be an accelerating rate of respected people in the field saying they believe that a lab leak is the most likely origin.

But other than that what has changed? Nothing that I am aware of that would change their minds. I find all of this disingenuous (not your movement - but the ones that should have known better but simply were influenced by the politics of Covid and the prevailing biases at the time).

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT