ADVERTISEMENT

Landon Calls For Doc To Step Down

Some on here real SHORT on memory. By all accounts in at least two prior stops as an Athletic Director before MU, at UNLV and ECU, Hammy had to scurry out of town just before his very warm pants seat either burst into flames from spontaneous combustion or he was unceremoniously booted out. Now I am sure during his MU tenure he has had absolutely no trouble with, and looks down favorably upon, all the boot lickers, ass kissers, and other adoring sycophants who are so prevalent on this board!

Some on here real SHORT on memory. By all accounts in at least two prior stops as an Athletic Director before MU, at UNLV and ECU, Hammy had to scurry out of town just before his very warm pants seat either burst into flames from spontaneous combustion or he was unceremoniously booted out. Now I am sure during his MU tenure he has had absolutely no trouble with, and looks down favorably upon, all the boot lickers, ass kissers, and other adoring sycophants who are so prevalent on this board!

That’s some serious heat you’ve got for a collegiate Athletic director who is also a Son of Marshall.

I know more than you’d ever pretend to know.
I have no idea who you are or anything about you but it appears to me you know nothing more than virtually any fan on here. As was said above it does appear you sing the company tune. Will you sing that same tune when we get a new AD in a month or so?

I have no idea who you are or anything about you but it appears to me you know nothing more than virtually any fan on here. As was said above it does appear you sing the company tune. Will you sing that same tune when we get a new AD in a month or so?

You’d be shocked to know what you’re not told to post or share in public.

That’s some serious heat you’ve got for a collegiate Athletic director who is also a Son of Marshall.

Um, and a Son of Marshall who as Athletics Director is increasingly becoming an impediment and a detriment to the ultimate goal of MU Athletics being in the most advantageous position to achieve being the best they can possibly be. I guess you'd prefer giving said person "hugs and kisses"?

Reactions: TwolfHerdfan

Surely you do not think the last line of your post is a good thing? Right?

Sinc
You’d be shocked to know what you’re not told to post or share in public.
Since the grammarian is MIA, let me correct your statement.
You'd be shocked to know what you're told not to post or share in public.

Um, and a Son of Marshall who as Athletics Director is increasingly becoming an impediment and a detriment to the ultimate goal of MU Athletics being in the most advantageous position to achieve being the best they can possibly be. I guess you'd prefer giving said person "hugs and kisses"?

I’m just as aggravated, but don’t believe that disrespect is due to either Doc or Mike.

I’m all for a change at the HC spot, not due to a dislike of Doc, but wanting to see energy injected into the program.

I can’t say it’s time for Hamrick to go, he’s done well but seems to have a gap between him and some of the fan base. Does the *donor* base also have this disdain for him?

I don’t understand why people can’t call it down the middle.

DD is probably really hard to deal with. He’s an open book and probably doesn’t give a shit about doing what he’s told. That’s not good when you work for someone, I don’t care who you are. The Dantoni’s rubbed a lot of people in the NBA circles the wrong way. They challenged norms and did things their way. I can see DD doing that to his bosses here, which isn’t good. But the fans like him, he’s been decent, and he plays an aggressive style of ball. People like that.

And as an AD, you have to be willing to work with difficult people too. Especially when those people are liked by your fans. Mike Hamrick has been in multiple places and wears out his welcome everywhere he’s been. ECU & UNLV sounded like they disliked him as a person. There’s been friction with former teams/players/coaches since he’s been here—there’s kind of a reoccurring theme here, don’t you think? He’s done a TON of great things while at Marshall, I don’t want to discredit him. I fear what type of AD we’d have after him. I’d really like to see a smooth transition to the next guy whenever Mike is ready to step away, but it doesn’t sound like that’s going to happen and looks like we’re headed toward an ugly divorce.

But this is your classic case of Fox News vs CNN. Each side getting their shots in for their team to keep their access, while nobody is trying to find/tell the truth somewhere in the middle.

DD is probably really hard to deal with. He’s an open book and probably doesn’t give a shit about doing what he’s told. That’s not good when you work for someone, I don’t care who you are. The Dantoni’s rubbed a lot of people in the NBA circles the wrong way. They challenged norms and did things their way. I can see DD doing that to his bosses here, which isn’t good. But the fans like him, he’s been decent, and he plays an aggressive style of ball. People like that.

And as an AD, you have to be willing to work with difficult people too. Especially when those people are liked by your fans. Mike Hamrick has been in multiple places and wears out his welcome everywhere he’s been. ECU & UNLV sounded like they disliked him as a person. There’s been friction with former teams/players/coaches since he’s been here—there’s kind of a reoccurring theme here, don’t you think? He’s done a TON of great things while at Marshall, I don’t want to discredit him. I fear what type of AD we’d have after him. I’d really like to see a smooth transition to the next guy whenever Mike is ready to step away, but it doesn’t sound like that’s going to happen and looks like we’re headed toward an ugly divorce.

But this is your classic case of Fox News vs CNN. Each side getting their shots in for their team to keep their access, while nobody is trying to find/tell the truth somewhere in the middle.
The fans like Dan because he's Dan D'Antoni. If he were an outsider coach there wouldn't be so much support for him. I like Dan, but there really isn't a single thing he could do for the zealots to criticize him. Dan's a made man and he knows it.

Excellent take on things

Pruett won 5 MAC Championships, 3 Motor City Bowls, 2 GMAC Bowls.

The MAC was not much better than Conference USA if at all and 5 Third Tier Bowl game victories Not NY6 Bowls.

That's seems more a flash in the pan and lightning striking twice than Alabama level of expectations especially when comparing the rest of the program history.

I think a 5-7 year stretch of good results made some people delusional. Not saying we cannot get to that level of success but we were hardly arrived and now tumbling out of control.

In similar amounts of time;

TCU won 5 MWC Championships, won a Rose Bowl and lost in the Fiesta Bowl.

Boise State won 4 WAC Championships and won 2 Fiesta Bowls

WVU won 4 Big East Championships and won a Sugar Bowl and a Fiesta Bowl.

All I'm saying is Pruett's "Championships" run and level of expectations don't compare. It is certainly a good start but hardly a comparable reason to blow up a winning program. My Opinion

Get real, in the beginning of our return to the MAC, it was a dead conference, but midway through our time spent, the other teams really started to improve. NIU, Toledo, Miami would be ranked or receiving votes. CUSA is the shit stain in the bowl of Div-I A conferences and only an idiot would say otherwise.

Regardless, do you not admit that at least Pruett got results? What the hell has John accomplished in a conference that has continually declined? Had it not been for the shakeup in CUSA John would not have a single conference championship to show for his time as head coach.

We (fans) got spoiled after over a decade of winning, not a 5-7 year run. I'm personally shocked more people haven't torn your post apart, considering all of the nonsense it contains.

I know more than you’d ever pretend to know.
And look where that's gotten you in life Stowers!!! Congratulations!!!

I wouldn't begin to claim to know as much as you do about the current state of the Marshall Athletic Department... that doesn't mean you know a DAMN thing more than any of the rest of us about what happens on the court or on the field. Yep, you get the front row seat to all the BS soap oprea crap. I'm just wondering when the surgery will take place to remove your head from being so far up Hamrick and Holiday's asses that you can chomp on their kidneys. I'm actually not insulted in the slighted that you know more than I'd "ever pretend to know." What I do know is that my self-esteem isn't attached to a butt-buddy relationship with the Athletic Director or Head Football coach. I'm just a regular old alum - like most of the other members of Herdnation - that has gotten pretty damn tired of your condescending attitude to the rest of us and the constant idolatry of the Hamrick and Doc show.

So take all that great knowledge and have a very, very Happy New Year!

Last edited:
I live in NC...play golf with a lot of ECU alums...trust me...they don't want MH back

Half the time? Dan won the league in year 4 and Doc won in year 5. I wouldn't be throwing Dan's record up against Doc's because it's almost the same situation. The only difference is that Dan is a Son of Marshall so everyone loves him.

Dan has 1 title in 7 seasons, has never beat a team from a power conference, and the 2018-19 season was pretty much a choke job. With the returning players to go from conference title to 6th place was pretty sad. Oh wait we won the CIT.

I get that basketball has struggled for a long time and Dan has took us where no one else went, but at some point we have to expect and demand more from him because he has proven it can be done here.

I like this year's team, but let's not act like Dan is dominating his schedules either. In a vacuum you can say the same things about Dan's results as we do Doc's.
I am going to disagree with the 2018-2019 basketball season being a choke job. With Adjin Penava we would have been a top 20 team, without him we had to rely far too much on our guards.

I believe Penava improved over his three years here more than anyone I can ever think of. He became a multi-dimensional offensive threat. His shot blocking and rebounding abilities were huge assets on the defensive end.

His presence on the offensive end spread the court so Elmore and Banks could penetrate and break down the defense. Without him the defenses clogged the middle and forced the Herd to settle for jump shots. Late in the season Elmore started passing more which helped the team improve down the stretch.

Watch how Penava spread the defense.

Know what motivated Penava? When he was a freshman someone posted the question, "Is Adjin Penava the worst D1 basketball player in the country?".

I am going to disagree with the 2018-2019 basketball season being a choke job. With Adjin Penava we would have been a top 20 team, without him we had to rely far too much on our guards.

I believe Penava improved over his three years here more than anyone I can ever think of. He became a multi-dimensional offensive threat. His shot blocking and rebounding abilities were huge assets on the defensive end.

His presence on the offensive end spread the court so Elmore and Banks could penetrate and break down the defense. Without him the defenses clogged the middle and forced the Herd to settle for jump shots. Late in the season Elmore started passing more which helped the team improve down the stretch.

Watch how Penava spread the defense.

Know what motivated Penava? When he was a freshman someone posted the question, "Is Adjin Penava the worst D1 basketball player in the country?".
We still had a very good team with Elmore and Burks and the team played like they were drunk off success.

We still had a very good team with Elmore and Burks and the team played like they were drunk off success.
And we had three guards and two 6-7 215 lb players being overmatched and hammered on the boards virtually every game. It was painful to watch Jannson playing out of position and getting pushed around by much bigger bodies. But he and the others never seemed to give up. Can you say the same about the football team not giving up?

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT