ADVERTISEMENT

Landon Strikes Again - just what is needed

I think dan gets 4 years. It looks like the class he has coming in looks like a D1 class not a wv class 3A team. Dan has done well with his average players. Be alot easier to get a good basketball team in huntington than fixing Doc's mess. Too bad dd didnt land a good class for this year because he will maybe have a good team in year 5. We MUST GO TO THE THE BIG TOURNAMENT,,ANYTHING LESS THAN THAT IS A FAILURE. UNTIL WE INSTILL THAT THOUGHT WE WILL LOSE ANY CHANCE OF GETTING FANS. GO TO THE BIG DANCE DD ANYTHING LESS IS JUST PURE OL MARSHALL AT ITS BEST

Doubtful, MU basketball has never been anything more than "pretty good".

GreenDOOOK...I am not sure your age, HOWEVER, Marshall Basketball was really good when Coach DD played guard for The HERD (1967-69). Please allow me to educate some of you. How many of you are familiar with UCLA's win streak and consecutive NCAA Basketball Champioships under legendary Coach John Wooden, The Wizard of Westwood? The Bruins won 10 national titles in a 12 year period. Note: NO OTHER TEAM has won more than 2 in a row.

UCLA took its 47-game win streak to Houston, Jan. 20,1968...where Houston was led by Elvin Hayes & Ken Smart, and coached by Guy Lewis. The Cougars upset the Bruins 71-69, in front of 52,693 fans in the old Houston Astrodome. The game was dubbed.."Game of the Century". The Bruins went undefeated the rest of the way, defeating Houston 101-69 in the Final Four semi-final rematch en route to UCLA's National Championship, 1968.

QUESTION: Who did Houston play in Madison Square Garden (Feb. 1, 1968) after they stopped UCLA's regular win streak a few games earlier.... and by the score...102-93?

WINNER gets a FREE weekend in Louisa, Kentucky.

HerdZilla22 In Charlotte (Gary Sweeney)

GreenDOOOK...I am not sure your age, HOWEVER, Marshall Basketball was really good when Coach DD played guard for The HERD (1967-69). Please allow me to educate some of you. How many of you are familiar with UCLA's win streak and consecutive NCAA Basketball Champioships under legendary Coach John Wooden, The Wizard of Westwood? The Bruins won 10 national titles in a 12 year period. Note: NO OTHER TEAM has won more than 2 in a row.

UCLA took its 47-game win streak to Houston, Jan. 20,1968...where Houston was led by Elvin Hayes & Ken Smart, and coached by Guy Lewis. The Cougars upset the Bruins 71-69, in front of 52,693 fans in the old Houston Astrodome. The game was dubbed.."Game of the Century". The Bruins went undefeated the rest of the way, defeating Houston 101-69 in the Final Four semi-final rematch en route to UCLA's National Championship, 1968.

QUESTION: Who did Houston play in Madison Square Garden (Feb. 1, 1968) after they stopped UCLA's regular win streak a few games earlier.... and by the score...102-93?

WINNER gets a FREE weekend in Louisa, Kentucky.

HerdZilla22 In Charlotte (Gary Sweeney)

You are no match for me in terms of MU's athletic history. I was going to games and knew players before you ever thought about escaping from Mt Hope or whatever holler you came from. I'm not older than you just more informed. I was around for all of Danny's career and those teams were pretty good in terms of winning two games in NY in '67 NIT and they gave Houston a terrific battle the next season. They also didn't win a conference race and lost in 2 OT's to upstart St Peters in the '68 NIT by letting Elnardo Webster go for 51 to break Stone's record set vs Neb the year before in the NIT second round. The Iron 5 were a treat to watch with Orville Stepp(from Inez, Ky) backing up Dan. Orville had been a starter on the freshman team and as a soph but lost the starting job to DD when he got to the varsity squad.

You are no match for me in terms of MU's athletic history. I was going to games and knew players before you ever thought about escaping from Mt Hope or whatever holler you came from. I'm not older than you just more informed. I was around for all of Danny's career and those teams were pretty good in terms of winning two games in NY in '67 NIT and they gave Houston a terrific battle the next season. They also didn't win a conference race and lost in 2 OT's to upstart St Peters in the '68 NIT by letting Elnardo Webster go for 51 to break Stone's record set vs Neb the year before in the NIT second round. The Iron 5 were a treat to watch with Orville Stepp(from Inez, Ky) backing up Dan. Orville had been a starter on the freshman team and as a soph but lost the starting job to DD when he got to the varsity squad.

Impressive.Google made you seem intelligent......Merry Christmas

HerdZilla22 (G. Sweeney from the Holler of Mount Hope
....and dang Proud too....

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT