ADVERTISEMENT

Let's do it, 2020 prediction thread

Well congrats to you. I understand the model you, and our two directional Floridas as well, use. Student fees. We don't have that luxury. Neither did UConn.
Had UConn not already had a well established elite basketball program they would not have jettisoned their AAC membership. The Big East makes a lot more sense for them. And, you already know this.

Reactions: Sash19
Nope. UCF makes a lot of money in the AAC as do a lot of programs. Our athletic budget will top $75M in a few years. UConn left because their fans are delusional and think a regional Big East for basketball is so great that they’re willing to kill off football for good. Their program is a dumpster fire and the AAC will be better off without them.

PS- you do know that the new AAC tv deal pays out double what the new MWC one does right?

You can’t tell him anything he’s a special one

Reactions: darthyader
Well congrats to you. I understand the model you, and our two directional Floridas as well, use. Student fees. We don't have that luxury. Neither did UConn.

Just curious- is saying “directional” supposed to be a slight? It’s really not. But ok.

Sure we use student fees but on a per student basis it’s not that much. We simply have 66,000 students. A lot of schools take far more per student.

UCF makes anywhere between $3-4M per home game in the AAC. This is why our AD has been so adamant to only do 1-1 deals no matter who it is. UCF draws 44K and we make a ton.

Marshall could again fill the Joan if you had the right teams visiting. CUSA doesn’t fit that bill.

@ECU L
Pitt L
@Ohio L
Boise L
@FIU L
@LaTech L
@WKU L
@ODU W
FAU W
Charlotte W
Middle Tenn W
Rice W

5-7

That's a very sobering possibility... It may take not making a bowl game, in the worst league in America, when 78 teams make bowl games, for changes to be made.

If there is an 0-4 start to the 2020 season you will have to make reservations to post to this board. "Fire Doc" on one side and "Conference is all that matters" on the other side.

Just curious- is saying “directional” supposed to be a slight? It’s really not. But ok.

Sure we use student fees but on a per student basis it’s not that much. We simply have 66,000 students. A lot of schools take far more per student.

UCF makes anywhere between $3-4M per home game in the AAC. This is why our AD has been so adamant to only do 1-1 deals no matter who it is. UCF draws 44K and we make a ton.

Marshall could again fill the Joan if you had the right teams visiting. CUSA doesn’t fit that bill.

Sadly, that last sentence so true. Adding to that, watching the Herd's offense is pretty much boring at best and painful at worst.

@ECU - Toss-up. ECU gets the win at home.
Pitt - Team will be fired up to get Pitt at home. I think we just get out-coached here and lose a close one.
@Ohio - Frank > Doc
Boise - Sitting at 0-3 Boise jumps out early and Doc gives up. We see another home blowout
@FIU - Toss-up but I think somehow we win this one. I have nothing to base that on.
@LaTech - Too much on the road
@WKU - See LaTech
@ODU - ODU is worse than us. We'll beat them easily in their home stadium.
FAU - Win at home
Charlotte - Win at home
Middle Tenn - Toss up but I'll give it to Marshall at home
Rice - Win at home

6-6...this is the best case scenario.

@ECU - Toss-up. ECU gets the win at home.
Pitt - Team will be fired up to get Pitt at home. I think we just get out-coached here and lose a close one.
@Ohio - Frank > Doc
Boise - Sitting at 0-3 Boise jumps out early and Doc gives up. We see another home blowout
@FIU - Toss-up but I think somehow we win this one. I have nothing to base that on.
@LaTech - Too much on the road
@WKU - See LaTech
@ODU - ODU is worse than us. We'll beat them easily in their home stadium.
FAU - Win at home
Charlotte - Win at home
Middle Tenn - Toss up but I'll give it to Marshall at home
Rice - Win at home

6-6...this is the best case scenario.

Agree. Although FIU lost a lot and I hear a few more players are bolting.
Knowing that, I would flip FIU and FAU. Beat FIU and lose to FAU.

Agree. Although FIU lost a lot and I hear a few more players are bolting.
Knowing that, I would flip FIU and FAU. Beat FIU and lose to FAU.

I mean, technically I have us beating both of them but we could, just as easily, lose both. I just don't think, the way our schedule lines up, that we are just going to out class very many teams next year.

Reactions: TwolfHerdfan
@ECU................Win
Pitt.....................Win
@Ohio................Win
Boise..................Loss
@FIU..................Win
@LaTech...........Loss
@WKU...............Loss
@ODU................Win
FAU.....................Win
Charlotte............Win
Middle Tenn.......Win
Rice.....................Win

We play Southern Miss for the conference championship.

@ECU................Win
Pitt.....................Win
@Ohio................Win
Boise..................Loss
@FIU..................Win
@LaTech...........Loss
@WKU...............Loss
@ODU................Win
FAU.....................Win
Charlotte............Win
Middle Tenn.......Win
Rice.....................Win

We play Southern Miss for the conference championship.
I agree with you jeremy.Not sure why so much negativity on here about next year. IMO if IG plays to his potential we can have a solid season. A 9-3 season is not out of reach. Not sure we get there but I think we could. We really could be better next year and had we not craped our pants we should have been conference champs this year.

Reactions: herd66
I agree with you jeremy.Not sure why so much negativity on here about next year. IMO if IG plays to his potential we can have a solid season. A 9-3 season is not out of reach. Not sure we get there but I think we could. We really could be better next year and had we not craped our pants we should have been conference champs this year.
I just expect us to be a better team next year. Everyone on offense is back including the QB. We lose some pieces on defense but I think with what we have returning plus the grad transfers, jucos, and guys we're getting back from injury we'll be better on that side as well. This year I thought we'd go 8-4 and that's where we finished (although I had us losing to FAU & LA Tech and not MTSU & Charlotte). It might look like I'm drinking the Kool-Aid but I've been accused of worse. Pitt is obviously very beatable. Ohio should not be as good as they were this year. ECU has been down since 2015 and while I expect them to get better under Mike Houston, we're just a better team at this point. The rest of the conference is obviously beatable.
Boise will be Boise.

There is nothing I saw this year that convinced me that we will beat Pitt or Boise at home next year. ECU and Ohio are on the road. Doc has enough trouble beating mediocre Ohio teams at home let alone on the road. ECU had every opportunity to beat Cincinnati this year and hung 40 plus on that stellar Cincinnati defense that held us to nothing until garbage time. Their same QB who did that is back and we are at ECU. So 0-4 in OOC games.

In conference because it’s what we do we will lose 2 to 3 games and go 5-7 or 6-6. Done getting my hopes up. We Are Mediocre!!

Reactions: Herdmeister
There is nothing I saw this year that convinced me that we will beat Pitt or Boise at home next year. ECU and Ohio are on the road. Doc has enough trouble beating mediocre Ohio teams at home let alone on the road. ECU had every opportunity to beat Cincinnati this year and hung 40 plus on that stellar Cincinnati defense that held us to nothing until garbage time. Their same QB who did that is back and we are at ECU. So 0-4 in OOC games.

In conference because it’s what we do we will lose 2 to 3 games and go 5-7 or 6-6. Done getting my hopes up. We Are Mediocre!!
sounds about right. You are spot on with the last sentence...

I just expect us to be a better team next year. Everyone on offense is back including the QB. We lose some pieces on defense but I think with what we have returning plus the grad transfers, jucos, and guys we're getting back from injury we'll be better on that side as well. This year I thought we'd go 8-4 and that's where we finished (although I had us losing to FAU & LA Tech and not MTSU & Charlotte). It might look like I'm drinking the Kool-Aid but I've been accused of worse. Pitt is obviously very beatable. Ohio should not be as good as they were this year. ECU has been down since 2015 and while I expect them to get better under Mike Houston, we're just a better team at this point. The rest of the conference is obviously beatable.
Boise will be Boise.

#1 - Is Central really a direction?

#2 - Pitt is not "very beatable". Pitt returns practically its whole defense and has senior starters all over offense.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT