ADVERTISEMENT

Litton draft profile

Looks about right... I did see a report yesterday that Kiper has Litton as one of his "players with the most to gain" at the combine. Said he could move up from a late-round selection, maybe as high as the third round, with a good showing.

It's interesting that Litton is ranked as the 15th best QB by the NFL scouts with a 4.9 grade... Also interesting that Sam Darnold got a 7.1 grade, which is a full point better than the next guy (Josh Rosen, 6.1).

Darnold, USC – 7.1
Rosen, UCLA – 6.1
Mayfield, Oklahoma – 6.0
Jackson, Louisville – 6.0
Allen, Wyoming – 5.9
Rudolph, Oklahoma State – 5.6
Falk, Washington – 5.6
White, Western Kentucky – 5.6
Lualetta, Richmond – 5.1
Ferguson, Memphis – 5.1
Benkert, Virginia – 5.1
Briscoe, Sam Houston St. – 5.0
Flowers, South Florida – 5.0
Tanner, Nebraska – 5.0
Litton, Marshall – 4.9

"Good arm, decent mobility, but basically has a never-ending thunderstorm sitting on top of his shoulders."

His biggest issue in the NFL is going to be his bad habit of looking directly at who he is going to throw the ball to the entire play... He is going to have to show scouts that he can read defenses after the snap and make progressions.

Of course, that's cause NO One knows anything about him. All he has is marginal stats from College. Recruiters are asking themselves: Why did he enter the draft? What sets him apart from the other 115 QB's in NCAA Div 1.

Every single NFL team not only knows about him but has known about him for some time. There isn't a single 6'6 starting FBS QB who the entire NFL doesn't know about.

Every single NFL team has known about Josh Allen for a long time. If you think Litton had "marginal stats from college," what's your excuse for everyone knowing who Josh Allen is even though Litton had superior stats?

What he needs is a superior QB coach who can get the best of of him. I wish him luck, but will probably be on practice squad at best.

Patriots? I thought you were part owner of the Panthers?

Funny one Chris....
I am a PSL owner [since 1996] for Bank of America Stadium ONLY. $ince the Panthers are up for sale...all of us loyal PSL Owners could loss all of our inve$tment$ spent over the years.

Time will tell---our fate.

Zilla22

Funny one Chris....
I am a PSL owner [since 1996] for Bank of America Stadium ONLY. $ince the Panthers are up for sale...all of us loyal PSL Owners could loss all of our inve$tment$ spent over the years.

Time will tell---our fate.

Zilla22

If players like Ray Rice can basically get banned from the league for beating a woman, what do you think should happen to season ticket holders who beat women, Gary’S weeney?

Last edited:
Reactions: Raoul Duke MU
Ray Rice got banned because there was video. No video and he probably still in the NFL.

Greg Hardy had a few more chances before getting banned.

Pretty accurate assessment indeed. The part about his deep ball being inaccurate is dead on. So many times he missed guys deep. Even though I hate them, that QB at WVU has a very accurate deep ball.

Pretty accurate assessment indeed. The part about his deep ball being inaccurate is dead on. So many times he missed guys deep. Even though I hate them, that QB at WVU has a very accurate deep ball.

I hate them as well but Grier will likely be a top 5 pick next draft.

That would be quite a jump for Grier. He was probably a round 3-5 guy this year had he come out.

That’s not what was being said by the announcers at some of their games. I could give a crap but the kid is good.

People can’t tell me Chase is just as good as Grier and some had Chase projected as a round 3-4 pick - at least that has been posted. Goes to show that projecting draft picks is a huge crap shoot and most aren’t worth reading.

That’s not what was being said by the announcers at some of their games. I could give a crap but the kid is good.

People can’t tell me Chase is just as good as Grier and some had Chase projected as a round 3-4 pick - at least that has been posted. Goes to show that projecting draft picks is a huge crap shoot and most aren’t worth reading.

He is very good and way better than Chase. Just had not seen that high of a projection for him, that's all.

I find it amazing chase is in the NFL talk then think again. He put on weight last summer and worked harder than ever. He is 6'6" with a great arm just not real accurate at times. I hope he makes it and shame on anybody who doesn't. Nobody was harder on him than me then I saw his mom on here and shut my mouth,,,.and he improved a lot

After reading articles about what he did before he came to Marshall, the stuff he did at Marshall now makes a lot more sense. Between the AD's stranglehold on information and the local press' general unwillingness to poke that bear, we really don't know who it is we have playing for us, and maybe we prefer it that way.

After reading articles about what he did before he came to Marshall, the stuff he did at Marshall now makes a lot more sense. Between the AD's stranglehold on information and the local press' general unwillingness to poke that bear, we really don't know who it is we have playing for us, and maybe we prefer it that way.
Some of this information was posted here during the season and it changed my perspective. Chase had real problems before he came to Marshall, and he had real problems while at Marshall. This has been discussed and Doc just does not take character into consideration when recruiting.

It is interesting how he has the media locked down.

Reactions: putnam green
I find it amazing chase is in the NFL talk then think again. He put on weight last summer and worked harder than ever. He is 6'6" with a great arm just not real accurate at times. I hope he makes it and shame on anybody who doesn't. Nobody was harder on him than me then I saw his mom on here and shut my mouth,,,.and he improved a lot
what did Chase's mother say?

Sister posted that he (sister) saw Chase Littons mom on Herd Nation and then Chase improved “a lot.”!

Reactions: WV_Celt
That statement he released is pretty heavy on the "Litton Family Struggles," and pretty light on the "Chase Litton Being Sorry About Anything."

I don't know what having your Dad get laid off from a job as a car salesman (because its not like those jobs are hard to find) has to do with posting a girl's nudes on social media or stalking her into a restraining order, but I guess when you've been taught your whole life that this is the best way to respond when you get in trouble, that's what you do.

But child please - tell that sh-- to Rakeem Cato.

what did Chase's mother say?
She was talking about haters.All of a sudden your a hate mongrel if you dont like a players play. It hurt her to hear all the negative talking. I take care of my mom and understand how a mother gets hurt. I didn't want to hurt her feelings so I shut up. I sit through 20 straight losing seasons never missing a home game. Starting with Carl Fodor I watched qb's be the main man leading the herd from ashes to glory. Its far far more than just the qb's but we were referred to as quarterback U. Never thought Chase was in that group of great qb's. Being 6'6" gives him an advantage over better qb's as far as the NFL radar goes. I always have said the team with the best qb wins 70% of the time.

She was talking about haters.All of a sudden your a hate mongrel if you dont like a players play. It hurt her to hear all the negative talking. I take care of my mom and understand how a mother gets hurt. I didn't want to hurt her feelings so I shut up. I sit through 20 straight losing seasons never missing a home game. Starting with Carl Fodor I watched qb's be the main man leading the herd from ashes to glory. Its far far more than just the qb's but we were referred to as quarterback U. Never thought Chase was in that group of great qb's. Being 6'6" gives him an advantage over better qb's as far as the NFL radar goes. I always have said the team with the best qb wins 70% of the time.

That statement he released is pretty heavy on the "Litton Family Struggles," and pretty light on the "Chase Litton Being Sorry About Anything."

I don't know what having your Dad get laid off from a job as a car salesman (because its not like those jobs are hard to find) has to do with posting a girl's nudes on social media or stalking her into a restraining order, but I guess when you've been taught your whole life that this is the best way to respond when you get in trouble, that's what you do.

But child please - tell that sh-- to Rakeem Cato.
I heard/read that the Litton family has given Chase a pass on his behavior in the past. After his crazy bad soph season things could not be covered up like in the past. Sure the fans were hard on Chase but wait until the NFL starts looking into his past. At some point life will hold you accountable even if the parents wont.

I wish chase the best but he may have the physical tools to make it in the NFL but between the ears I'm not so sure. from what we've learned recently about his actions during a prior his time at Marshall he has a lot of growing up to do

I wish chase the best but he may have the physical tools to make it in the NFL but between the ears I'm not so sure. from what we've learned recently about his actions during a prior his time at Marshall he has a lot of growing up to do
I just cant figure out how Doc turned over the program to a guy like Chase. In someone ways you could say he got Legg fired.

Chase as good as GRIER
....you are one blind cat. Litton could not carry Grier's helmet. I like Chase, but he should not be mentioned in the same sentence.

HerdZilla22

Chase as good as GRIER....you are one blind cat. Litton could not carry Grier's helmet. I like Chase, but he should not be mentioned in the same sentence.

HerdZilla22

I think if you re-read the post, I am saying Chase is not close to Grier in ability.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT