ADVERTISEMENT

Lockdowns were stupid and ruined the restaurant business

i am herdman

Platinum Buffalo
Gold Member
Mar 5, 2006
Service for thr most part still sucks. Never enough help. I am not even talking about fast food joints either. Dropping a 100 bucks and shitty service and can't even get your food anymore on time.

The covid lockdowns did it.

We can never allow that stupid shit again.

Last edited:
Glad you brought this up. I've also noticed that the waitresses are pretty ugly these days. Eighty dollar bill for shitty service and you have to give a hag another twenty dollars for horrible service. If you don't tip them, the bartender will dip his nuts into your beer next time you go in.

Reactions: Jartard
Glad you brought this up. I've also noticed that the waitresses are pretty ugly these days. Eighty dollar bill for shitty service and you have to give a hag another twenty dollars for horrible service. If you don't tip them, the bartender will dip his nuts into your beer next time you go in.
I agree. Terrible. They closed all these places down. They lost good people and they had to rehire people.

Damn lockdowns are stupid

One thing we were forced to do because of Coofid was DoorDash, which we never really partook in beforehand.

With many restaurants increasing participation in the app, it's kind of a go-to now.

There's lots of good Greek joints up here and it's just convenient to have this as soon as you get home:

20220324-183103.jpg

Service for thr most part still sucks. Never enough help. I am not even talking about fast food joints either. Dropping a 100 bucks and shitty service and can't even get your food anymore on time.

SUPPLY SIDE FAILURE

One thing we were forced to do because of Coofid was DoorDash, which we never really partook in beforehand.

With many restaurants increasing participation in the app, it's kind of a go-to now.

There's lots of good Greek joints up here and it's just convenient to have this as soon as you get home:

20220324-183103.jpg
I don’t understand the entire door dash Uber eats concept. It makes sense if your sick have a new born mourning but for everyone else it’s just some stranger who you have no idea what their car is like bringing you and 12 others food that’s been sitting out at a restaurant for who knows how long.

Reactions: murox and Jartard

I believe it also devastated the cabinet making industry, but that could just be a supply side failure. 😂😂

• Haha
Reactions: mlblack16.
I don’t understand the entire door dash Uber eats concept. It makes sense if your sick have a new born mourning but for everyone else it’s just some stranger who you have no idea what their car is like bringing you and 12 others food that’s been sitting out at a restaurant for who knows how long.
I don’t understand why the restaurants that participate don’t just eliminate the middle man and offer their own delivery ala pizza places.

Lockdowns, vaccines and human intervention in general only prolonged and worsened the fake pandemic. A relatively mild novel virus for the non-obese and elderly forced the world into chaos, from which it will take 50 years to recover, if ever. Likely never, to be honest.

I think the gigaboosted are going to start dropping like flies by fall, once chronic covid from vaccine-induced antigenic fixation destroys their innate immune system. If enough of them remain, we're probably facing an economic collapse on par with the great depression and possibly civil war once the food rationing begins from lack of fertilizer and other self-imposed doomsday idiocy from this regime.

• Haha
Reactions: Raoul Duke MU
Lockdowns, vaccines and human intervention in general only prolonged and worsened the fake pandemic. A relatively mild novel virus for the non-obese and elderly forced the world into chaos, from which it will take 50 years to recover, if ever. Likely never, to be honest.

I think the gigaboosted are going to start dropping like flies by fall, once chronic covid from vaccine-induced antigenic fixation destroys their innate immune system. If enough of them remain, we're probably facing an economic collapse on par with the great depression and possibly civil war once the food rationing begins from lack of fertilizer and other self-imposed doomsday idiocy from this regime.
The way the world is going there may not be a way out other than a great world war of some sort.

If I were China, I would move on Tawain in the next 3 to 6 months. The USA is in no shape to deal with it and the way the west has handled Ukraine is bizarre. They speak out both sides of their mouth. China is sitting in a spot where they could control much of the world's GDP and electornic components distribution. It could set them in the world's #1 position for a couple of hundred years. The leadership of the USA right now could not run a 7-11 store.

They are saying that within a 12 -18 month period we could have 2 million or more illegal immigrants enter this country. More mouths to feed and to take care of for decades, but the libtards think they will have more votes.

The next 3-5 years might get real interesting.

Reactions: murox

You're an idiot.

The way the world is going there may not be a way out other than a great world war of some sort.

If I were China, I would move on Tawain in the next 3 to 6 months. The USA is in no shape to deal with it and the way the west has handled Ukraine is bizarre. They speak out both sides of their mouth. China is sitting in a spot where they could control much of the world's GDP and electornic components distribution. It could set them in the world's #1 position for a couple of hundred years. The leadership of the USA right now could not run a 7-11 store.

They are saying that within a 12 -18 month period we could have 2 million or more illegal immigrants enter this country. More mouths to feed and to take care of for decades, but the libtards think they will have more votes.

The next 3-5 years might get real interesting.
You're an idiot lying trumptard and oath breaker.

Dropping a 100 bucks and shitty service and can't even get your food anymore on time.
The restaurants that treat their people well do not have staffing and service problems.

The chains and places ran by dickheads? Problems. It's not worth working service for asshole bosses and entitled customers when a brain dead job packing boxes in a warehouse pays $20 hr with a set 40 hour schedule...and benefits!...something a lot of restaurants do not offer.

I think I have told this story before: I was in Qdoba when a customer mentions he does the hiring at a local light manufacturing/warehouse place, tells the girl behind the counter what he pays and gives her a card...a couple days later Qboda is closed due to no staff lol.

The restaurants that treat their people well do not have staffing and service problems.

The chains and places ran by dickheads? Problems. It's not worth working service for asshole bosses and entitled customers when a brain dead job packing boxes in a warehouse pays $20 hr with a set 40 hour schedule...and benefits!...something a lot of restaurants do not offer.

I think I have told this story before: I was in Qdoba when a customer mentions he does the hiring at a local light manufacturing/warehouse place, tells the girl behind the counter what he pays and gives her a card...a couple days later Qboda is closed due to no staff lol.
Well, okay Greed. We've been through this a thousand times. Qdoba and every other cheaper end restaurant (trust me, I love that shit too) cannot and will not ever pay workers what they want or even a liveable wage. If they ever do, THAT will only spark even more kiosks and robotic equipment pumping out your burrito or burrito bowl and without any accidental double meat, when you didn't ask for it, but ah well, you act like you'll let it slide this time, as long as they're not charging you.

Qdoba and every other cheaper end restaurant (trust me, I love that shit too) cannot and will not ever pay workers what they want or even a liveable wage. If they ever do, THAT will only spark even more kiosks with robotic equipment
Fine by me. Bring on the robots.

I'm waiting for robots to bring into my house. Full service too. Head jobs, mow the lawn, get me a beer, clean, cook, do laundry. Turn it off when the ball game is on though.

A man would have it good with something like that.

Reactions: i am herdman
I don’t understand why the restaurants that participate don’t just eliminate the middle man and offer their own delivery ala pizza places.
If they had enough delivery business they probably would, but it’s expensive to run delivery and isn’t economical for most restaurants to do on their own.

If they had enough delivery business they probably would, but it’s expensive to run delivery and isn’t economical for most restaurants to do on their own.
Chick-fil-A has done it here. Bought a fleet of small logo cars and doing just that. I’m really surprised they reopened their dining rooms too.

Reactions: i am herdman
Also people should be aware that door dash and the like have some shitty business practices, like enlisting restaurants unwillingly and manipulating the pricing on the menu. So the restaurant charges $6 for a sandwich, DD marks it as $7.50, people get mad at the restaurant for upping their prices while DD pockets the difference.

So I just go pick up my food.

Most times that I use door dash are because I already sat around and drank a few beers, so at that point I should stay away from driving.

I tip very well as part of the bill, hoping they will see this and that it will have some type of positive impact on my end. Wrong. These dashers will take way longer than the estimate and the food is soggy and lukewarm by the time we get it.

Not much food holds over well stuffed in nothing but a thinly insulated bag, but then it doesn't help when the dasher wants to consolidate way too many orders.

Most times that I use door dash are because I already sat around and drank a few beers, so at that point I should stay away from driving.

I tip very well as part of the bill, hoping they will see this and that it will have some type of positive impact on my end. Wrong. These dashers will take way longer than the estimate and the food is soggy and lukewarm by the time we get it.

Not much food holds over well stuffed in nothing but a thinly insulated bag, but then it doesn't help when the dasher wants to consolidate way too many orders.
Sounds like you need to quit drinking.

And that’s the other reason more restaurants don’t do delivery. It just doesn’t work for a lot of foods.

I’ve seen people door dash sushi and I would rather take my chances with convenience store rolls.

Reactions: mlblack16.
ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT