ADVERTISEMENT

OFFICIAL PICK THE SCORE THREAD Louisiana

Cajuns coach is gone. Huff isn't going anywhere. I expect this to be closer than the quitters think. 5 pts either way.

Reactions: ru4_mu2
Both teams have doubts regarding staff. LA is not hyped to play us. If we play well on O and no TO's it could get interesting. Our rush D is not the best.

Cajuns 31
Herds 20

We have 7 wins against bottom feeders, 4 losses to teams with a pulse, and the MTSU fiasco.

Louisiana certainly has a pulse... That said, I always pick Marshall because that is who I "want" to win.

Marshall -- 29
Louisiana -- 19

Drink every time the announcers say "future conference mates/rivals"... "top G5 programs"... "history of winning/tradition/success"

Our chances may be improving... According to the Louisiana board, they are going to be without their best defensive player who is "opting out" to have a minor surgery and then prepare for the draft. Another kid apparently quit the team this week and there are rumors of other "issues" keeping as many as 5-6 more players out of the bowl game.

UL released its depth chart for the game... They are going to be without 6 starters, including their best offensive lineman and best defensive lineman, who are both getting ready for the draft. They have 3 who are "banged up" and have decided not to play, and 1 who has left the team due to a family emergency.

Throw in the fact that their coach left for Florida last week and they are "underwhelmed" by having to play us in a shitty city 90 minutes from their campus, and there is a lot to like in terms of the Cajuns not being super into it on Saturday.

Reactions: TwolfHerdfan
UL released its depth chart for the game... They are going to be without 6 starters, including their best offensive lineman and best defensive lineman, who are both getting ready for the draft. They have 3 who are "banged up" and have decided not to play, and 1 who has left the team due to a family emergency.

Throw in the fact that their coach left for Florida last week and they are "underwhelmed" by having to play us in a shitty city 90 minutes from their campus, and there is a lot to like in terms of the Cajuns not being super into it on Saturday.
Agree. All the more reason for us to start fast and get a quick lead. Hey, they are still ranked 16th, a win would be a great look for us and provide a nice boost going into 2022.

Herd will dominate them.

Herd 38, Louisiana 20

Then, that reporter from LaFayette, LA that said the Cajuns deserved better, well, he can kiss my ass.
Serious question. If we were CUSA champs and drew the 3rd place SBC team for our bowl would you be excited about it? Likely no. Just like this board was in meltdown mode in 2014 when we drew NIU and to this day still complain about not playing Illinois instead.

I think their starting RB is out as well.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT