ADVERTISEMENT

Minor fire at the Joan

Should spark hammy to upgrade to much brighter lights... I think since the stadium opened the lights have only been upgraded once to a higher wattage fixture but that's it I do believe.....

Well, hopefully minor. With a 5 PM kickoff next Saturday, the lighting will have to be working and signed off on by safety inspectors in time to make alternative plans. This could be a big story by about Thursday.

Man, anytime I start to forget the glory days of Marshall football, I look no further than the rusted, tetanus-covered trash drums that have been sitting outside the stadium since the turn of the century. Good look, Marshall.

The college football world is on edge to see if the monumental matchup between Charlotte and Marshall can be played at the normal start time!

Reactions: GreenDuke
The fire and lack of power in the Shewey and stadium has cancelled today's QB Club meeting. Dame to fiber optic and cellular equipment could cause a problem for Saturday's game.

Suspects in the video...beer , laughter , high fives...jail'em

Last edited:
Minor fires don't damage fiber optics cell service and possibly effect structural integrity of support structures

Reactions: WVU 91
If it did cause upwards of 200K in damage and they catch them that's prison time not just County.

I do feel we should have the entire complex fenced in and have stated it several times. VTEchs style fence of a mixed brick and black iron would be a great fit. If you had spent 200K on a fence like that this may have never happened.

Still it's sad and pathetic at the same time. Hope they catch them and enforce to the most extreme.

Let see - the fire damage, a suggestion to spend $200,000 + on a fence with brick post ( would look nice) and what all else.

Regarding the insurance coverage - keep in mind the school would be subject to a policy deductible in addition to a potential self insurance threshold before the property coverage would come into play

So who starts the Go Fund Me account ?

Reactions: Herd Fever
Deductable on all state insurance is $10K. An orginization as big as MU spills $10K before lunch every day.

Good Lord people, we ARE an underfunded school, but we are not broke.

Reactions: Herd Fever
Let see - the fire damage, a suggestion to spend $200,000 + on a fence with brick post ( would look nice) and what all else.

Regarding the insurance coverage - keep in mind the school would be subject to a policy deductible in addition to a potential self insurance threshold before the property coverage would come into play

So who starts the Go Fund Me account ?

If Marshall has to have a Go Fund Me drive started by its' fans to meet deductible and/or fence costs then you all are a lot worse off than I thought you were.

Deductable on all state insurance is $10K. An orginization as big as MU spills $10K before lunch every day.

Good Lord people, we ARE an underfunded school, but we are not broke.

And if some want to donate to a go fund me account (that is not needed) please direct those donations to the Big Green Foundation. That money IS needed for Athletic Scholarships. That will free up plenty of money for the Athletic Department to spend on any type of need.

Light pole examined by engineers. Undamaged. Lights turned on. Work fine. Game will be played as scheduled.

In that video the fire hadn't been started to long before the video started. I think the whole area should be fenced off. Expand each area under the stands.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT