ADVERTISEMENT

BREAKING Morehouse reporting Cramsey is new OC

From what I have read and heard, people are stepping up BG donations and buying season tix again. Looks like the fans are stepping up.

Now will this staff step up and win a league crown and the AD step up their efforts to make the game day experience an actual enjoyable experience rather than a Chinese fire drill?

From what I have read and heard, people are stepping up BG donations and buying season tix again. Looks like the fans are stepping up.

Now will this staff step up and win a league crown and the AD step up their efforts to make the game day experience an actual enjoyable experience rather than a Chinese fire drill?
game day experience? What would you have them do differently?

game day experience? What would you have them do differently?

Let's see -

Get rid of the canned rap the whole game.

Get rid of Toy and the on field announcements. Nothing against Jason.

Have the band play more, like most bands do at football games.

Have the PA guy, band and Cheerleaders coordinate the game day activities so they all don't compete for fan attention at the same time.

Having the PA guy talk, band play and the Cheerleaders attempt to start the WAM cheer, all at the same time is not enjoyable. Looks bush league and like a fire drill.

It doesn't take money, just some planning and time.

Let's see -

Get rid of the canned rap the whole game.

Get rid of Toy and the on field announcements. Nothing against Jason.

Have the band play more, like most bands do at football games.

Have the PA guy, band and Cheerleaders coordinate the game day activities so they all don't compete for fan attention at the same time.

Having the PA guy talk, band play and the Cheerleaders attempt to start the WAM cheer, all at the same time is not enjoyable. Looks bush league and like a fire drill.

It doesn't take money, just some planning and time.

Can't ditch rap music, which is dominating the airwaves of youth...youth, thats kind of who Marshall needs to cater advertising to...

And who would you replace it with? Def Leppard? Marshall actually has a decently diverse lineup of music during games, but since REO Speedwagon isn't on there, you seem to zone in on rap music.
Many schools across the country, use hip hop for games. Tennessee has "3rd down for what?!" To rile up the crowd...and those same old riled up fans, have accepted that Buck Owens won't be played.
Lets see...we play rap when the ball is being placed, usually between downs.
We play Dropkick Murphy's when the ball is kicked off.
We play AC/DC when the team comes out.
We play "Shout!" At every game.

We basically covered about 40 years and 4 genres of music.

Toy just doesn't need a mic. He's loud as it is. But do you honestly think any of those promotions are free?! Literally.every.single.advertisement costs money and air time. That money helps keep the chronic "my tickets are too expensive" crowds at bay.
They also help pay for other elements of the AD and program.
Its is a 100% necessary evil. University of Texas does it so much, their fans would chant "we won't buy that!" At the Godzilla-tron.
So don't think we are the only ones...and Texas has more money than anyone.

The band plays a decent amount of music. Maybe they play too much because it interferes with the PA? The band is also scheduled to play at certain times of the games. Hell, the band used to start the wave...I miss that. I don't miss the Thunderclap...our fans are too dumb and uncoordinated and full of pride to actually make it work. Only soccer fans can do that with any real effectiveness.

I will agree, their coordination is not good. It used to be known that at the 10 min mark of each half the WAM chant happened. But maybe that needs to be formally addressed in a letter to fans or something.
No shame in making things more formal and actually communicating changes to fans in an instructive manner. Texas A&M has a "rehearsal" the night before.

I agree, there are some changes that can be done.
But our focus needs to be the students and youth. Kayla Simmons has 74,000 IG followers...she basically has the equivalent of mountaineer field, following her. Its also the same with several other MU students who have tons of followers. If they aren't IG posting at the game...thats not good.
Of course, families and that stuff, should be looked at with promotions, but an aggressive social media approach will help.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT