ADVERTISEMENT

MU Issues....

Always The Herd

Silver Buffalo
Feb 3, 2007
I felt it might be good if I shared a reply that I received from Doctor Gilbert regarding various
issues (athletics, band, visibility, facilities, etc.) that I addressed to him early this morning (yes early at 12:28 AM). He has already responded this morning (at 6:23 AM). In my email to him I was not critical of anyone directly!!!! I tried to only address issues (I don't think it would be appropriate of me to share those with Herd Nation....but I most certainly wanted to share his reply). I am very satisfied
with his reply. Please see below:
~
"Thank you for your email. I see that you have copied Mike Hamrick. I am copying this response to our VP for Communication Ginny Painter and Dean Van Horn, the dean who oversees our music and band programs.

I am very interested in increasing our visibility around the state. We have just launched a major marketing campaign. It involves radio, print ads, billboards, and digital ads when people visit various websites.

My goal is to increase the size and quality of Marshall University. We are undertaking a major strategic planning effort on campus that will help define Marshall in the future. My goals include increased enrollment, better student success, better marketing of the university, increased private giving to Marshall, competitive salaries for our faculty and staff, increased research funding, adding additional PhD programs, and increased community outreach and economic development.

Earlier this year I addressed the Rotary Club of Beckley. I hope to have the opportunity to be back to Beckley in 2017.

Thank you for your ideas and your support."

Jerry Gilbert

President

Reactions: ohio herd
ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT