Platinum Buffalo
Gold Member
Sep 3, 2004
For immediate release

Date: September 29, 2022

Media Contact: Chuck McGill, Marshall Athletics
(mcgillc@marshall.edu)

Special announcement scheduled Thursday for baseball stadium site

President Brad D. Smith, Director of Athletics Christian Spears and special guest will attend

HUNTINGTON, W.Va. – Marshall University and Marshall Athletics will have an announcement on Thursday, September 29 at the Baseball Field Site at 2:30 p.m.

The announcement is open to the media.

President Brad D. Smith and Director of Athletics Christian Spears will be on hand, along with a special guest, for the announcement.

The site is located directly behind Dot Hicks Field, Marshall’s softball stadium, at 2202 Third Avenue in Huntington.

---#WeAreMarshall---

Reactions: HerdOn555
It's happening!
Oh My God Omg GIF by The Office

Reactions: marshallsig
Experience.

Many sites, many ADs, many presidents, many governors, even several ground breakings.

Never a ball park

Hey, I would love to be wrong. Someday, hopefully, I will be. But we had this exact same thread not 18 months ago about a totally different site and a totally different design (this one hasn’t even been designed). We have seen St. Cloud going to be upgraded, we have seen the YMCA going to be upgraded, we saw a makeshift field built at University Heights (where Huntington East Middle is now). We have seen proposal after proposal of this or that minor league (real or independent) coming here. We saw the Cubs come and go.

But never a ballpark. Lucy has pulled the football away from Charlie Brown too many times for my taste.

Reactions: Elkview
I suggest some of you brush up on your history and geography. The former Colored Children’s Home was given to the university after segregation and renamed University Heights with the plan of a major expansion of the school. USPAM killed that, of course, and the only thing built on the property was some married student housing. And the makeshift baseball field. All torn down to make way for HEMS.

Buy a map.

I suggest some of you brush up on your history and geography. The former Colored Children’s Home was given to the university after segregation and renamed University Heights with the plan of a major expansion of the school. USPAM killed that, of course, and the only thing built on the property was some married student housing. And the makeshift baseball field. All torn down to make way for HEMS.

Buy a map.
The confidence in the ignorance you possess is astounding. The remnants of the baseball field can still be seen from both norway avenue and Interstate 64. The baseball field sits in the shadows of the Career and Technical School. Huntington East Middle School sits on the complete other side of Norway avenue and several thousand feet down the road, just above the State Police Detachment and adjacent to WalMart and is easily seen from US Rt 60.

I have no need for a map you jackass, but apparently you do. I've helped you out since evidently being you is hard.
Sam doesn't know what he is talking about - as usual. Zoom in a couple clicks and you can still see the curvature of the outfield exactly where I described it to be in the previous paragraph.

Last edited:
The field was actually ACROSS from Wal Mart/ Norway Ave. in the valley below the Vo Tech Center. You cannot see the old field from 60, but that's OK. You can see remnants of fencing still there.

The field was actually ACROSS from Wal Mart/ Norway Ave. in the valley below the Vo Tech Center. You cannot see the old field from 60, but that's OK. You can see remnants of fencing still there.
Sam will completely disappear from this thread. That's his routine, get bitch-slapped and hide in hopes that no one will remember how stupid he looked.

Buy a map.

Dude, just stop. You are looking like an idiot. Its not even on the same side of the road as HEMS, or even the same hill.

Too bad they couldnt have refurbished those old brick buildings into the stadium design. I like the window design.

Reactions: Herdon2
Sam will completely disappear from this thread. That's his routine, get bitch-slapped and hide in hopes that no one will remember how stupid he looked.
WRONG AGIAN.

As I stated, not that it should matter, I am correct. The ENTIRE property was called University Heights back in my day. That name isn’t used anymore, so I just tossed in “where HEMS is” for our younger customers. Which is, of course, correct. HEMS is on the property formerly known as University Heights, as is HEMS. If I hadn’t tossed it in, some other dumbass keyboard warrior would have knit picked that.

But oooooooooh you showed me. It must be so hard to have so much hate in your heart.

WRONG AGIAN.

As I stated, not that it should matter, I am correct. The ENTIRE property was called University Heights back in my day. That name isn’t used anymore, so I just tossed in “where HEMS is” for our younger customers. Which is, of course, correct. HEMS is on the property formerly known as University Heights, as is HEMS. If I hadn’t tossed it in, some other dumbass keyboard warrior would have knit picked that.

But oooooooooh you showed me. It must be so hard to have so much hate in your heart.
HEMS may be on the property, but it absolutely does not "sit" where the ball field was which is exactly what you claimed (it's several thousand feet away completely on the other side of the road that divides the old property). You even doubled down and insisted that we "get a map". Now you've come up with another excuse as to why you think you are right. No hate in my heart toward you, more like PITY for an old man that thinks he is always right, and will insist he is still correct even when proven wrong, over and over again. I don't have to "show" anything, you do a great job of that on your own.

Last edited:
HEMS may be on the property, but it absolutely does not "sit" where the ball field was which is exactly what you claimed (it's several thousand feet away completely on the other side of the road that divides the old property). You even doubled down and insisted that we "get a map". Now you've come up with another excuse as to why you think you are right. No hate in my heart toward you, more like PITY for an old man that thinks he is always right, and will insist he is still correct even when proven wrong, over and over again. I don't have to "show" anything, you do a great job of that on your own.
Here he claimed Pennsylvania has a similar jail system as WV in terms of regional jails, rather than county. He then pleaded ignorance by stating he tries to avoid jail and Pennsylvania when it was pointed out that his statement was completely untrue.

Buy a map.
Did you just type “colored children’s home”

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT