ADVERTISEMENT

New Baseball stadium question

The pot store sells medical cannabis. I doubt that would affect MU students since only those with certain medical conditions are eligible to purchase their product and a DR has to prescribe it.

I wish the city would be more proactive.. pass some rules on what can and can’t be built. Why allow another bank to build right next to a football stadium?

Just like why allow Pot stores to do business right next to campus.

set codes that have to be met on new construction like so much has to be brick, has to be at least a two story structure, a percentage of exterior walls has to be windows.

The city could do a lot more to help itself, but not caring has been their problem since the interstate meltdown…
Well, the city was in pretty good relations with MU for the first time in decades.
The MU president and AD were working together with Steve Williams. They often were all three linked to projects done.
Then MU canned the AD and the president wisely resigned.
Now, we can hope there's an established relationship with Williams, Spears, and Smith there probably is.

Well, the city was in pretty good relations with MU for the first time in decades.
The MU president and AD were working together with Steve Williams. They often were all three linked to projects done.
Then MU canned the AD and the president wisely resigned.
Now, we can hope there's an established relationship with Williams, Spears, and Smith there probably is.
The relationship between the city and MU is in good hands and the best its been in decades. Just went through a meeting regarding the TIF process for the old ACF land. MU will lead the way with training and business incubator.

The relationship between the city and MU is in good hands and the best its been in decades. Just went through a meeting regarding the TIF process for the old ACF land. MU will lead the way with training and business incubator.
That’s awesome.. I like to see Marshall growing and leading the way. If actually completed, The ACF property will be a great opportunity for all in Huntington and surrounding areas.

Reactions: TwolfHerdfan
Especially since “interest” there has been low lately. 😄
Exactly geezer. Recently checked and best rate in town is .0001 percent on regular passbook savings. Biden may have to get the US Mint to issue quarter cent and half cent coins for us to be able to collect our interest!!

Biden may have to get the US Mint to issue quarter cent and half cent coins for us to be able to collect our interest!!
From the ages five to eight, I lived outside of Kansas City, Missouri where my father was taking a surgical residency. The merchants in the area used plastic coins called mills that were equal to one tenth of a cent. Something to do with tax. They came in red and green and my dad would give me several to play with.

The pot store sells medical cannabis. I doubt that would affect MU students since only those with certain medical conditions are eligible to purchase their product and a DR has to prescribe it.
If DRs have to prescribe it why do we not just let the Pharmacy handle it and why do we have to have the 200 different types to choose from… just pick one or 4 and use it if that’s what your doctor thinks it best or what you tell your DR to give you because you just want to use it.

My opinion Pot shops are a waste and useless. They are like a grooming billboard for kids saying, it’s ok to use drugs, but nothing new in the grooming world with most if not all colleges, high schools, middle schools, elementary schools, and Every Streaming TV Service known.

Reactions: TwolfHerdfan
This is the way it works if I'm understanding correctly. You have a state specified health issue that is eligible for medical cannabis so you go to your doc and he sends you to the only state licensed prescriber in Cabell County. If that doc agrees with your doc then you get your prescription. State law says it must be filled at a licensed medical cannabis dispensary. Every state where medical cannabis is legal has dispensaries.

The cannabis industry creates thousands of jobs in every state where it is legalized and it generates millions of dollars in tax revenues in those states.

The whole “medical cannabis” and calling dope shops “dispensaries” and dressing the pot seller in white coats and all of that is just a bunch of crap. Smoke all the pot you want, I don’t care, but it is not a treatment for any real disease, other than the fact that, like all intoxicants, it can be an anxiety or pain reliever. We have people floating around that say it can cure anything from cancer to liver failure. It cannot.

If pot is medicine, so is Budweiser.

Most medications on the market don’t cure anything. If they did, big pharma would be out of business. They have to have a continual mass of sick people to whom they peddle the daily dose. No one really gets better, they just maintain.
Of course we are running out of the old maladies so you now see TV ads for a never ending stream of new ones. Your penis is crooked, your eyes bulge, you can’t lay your hand flat on the table. Give it ten years and we’ll have a half dozen more ailments that require expensive prescriptions.

Last edited:
Most medications on the market don’t cure anything. If they did, big pharma would be out of business. They have to have a continual mass of sick people to whom they peddle the daily dose. No one really gets better, they just maintain.
Of course we are running out of the old maladies so you now see TV ads for a never ending stream of new ones. Your penis is crooked, your eyes bulge, you can’t lay your hand flat on the table. Give it ten years and we’ll have a half dozen more ailments that require expensive prescriptions.
OTC stuff is crap, marketing and packaging.

Update to my last post.

We were asked to be completed with our work by April 2024. Looks like the ball is rolling.
Any chance you have pictures of what the stadium will look like when completed? Would be nice to get a Head Coach in place since they play in roughly 2 months.

My wife's a nurse and she makes fun of this stuff all the time... Because doctors are scared to death of lawsuits (and given the legal era we live in, rightfully so) if a patient shows up and insists something is "wrong" with them the doctors have to come up with an explanation and "treatment." Especially if the patient comes in multiple times for the same "ailment."

My favorite example now has commercials... Remember those nights when you just can't sleep. Maybe you aren't tired, maybe you have a lot on your mind, maybe its a full moon, whatever the reason you just can't get comfortable, toss and turn, etc... You now have "restless leg syndrome" and the treatment is a very easy to use, albeit expensive medication. To Sam's point, I've found a couple shots of Southern Comfort cure my restless leg syndrome just fine.

Reactions: greengeezer
it would appear Sam has never heard of therapeutics

The whole “medical cannabis” and calling dope shops “dispensaries” and dressing the pot seller in white coats and all of that is just a bunch of crap. Smoke all the pot you want, I don’t care, but it is not a treatment for any real disease, other than the fact that, like all intoxicants, it can be an anxiety or pain reliever. We have people floating around that say it can cure anything from cancer to liver failure. It cannot.

If pot is medicine, so is Budweiser.
Let me guess, the Covid vaccine is actually a micro-chip used to turn you into an alien....

It is called medical cannabis because, obviously, it is being used for medicinal purposes. It is no different than any other medicine, but especially when used for pain treatment, it is far less addictive and harmful than other medicines already being sold by big pharma

True, because the students are getting their pot from their dorm neighbors.
Why would "pot stores" or general pharmacies not be allowed near campus?? The campus is clearly one of the largest population pockets in the county (and even the state). Further, many students do not rely on cars, and often walk to class, work, gym, etc. (at least I did my first year).

Access to medicine for our student population would seem like a good thing to me??? Not everyone has the means and the time to drive to a pharmacy elsewhere in town.

Why would "pot stores" or general pharmacies not be allowed near campus?? The campus is clearly one of the largest population pockets in the county (and even the state). Further, many students do not rely on cars, and often walk to class, work, gym, etc. (at least I did my first year).

Access to medicine for our student population would seem like a good thing to me??? Not everyone has the means and the time to drive to a pharmacy elsewhere in town.
CVS is directly across the street from campus.

Let me guess, the Covid vaccine is actually a micro-chip used to turn you into an alien....

It is called medical cannabis because, obviously, it is being used for medicinal purposes. It is no different than any other medicine, but especially when used for pain treatment, it is far less addictive and harmful than other medicines already being sold by big pharma
Link please

Before I comment on 'medical cannabis', I am not a fan of pot being against the law, either state or federal. The bags of product being sold should include a warning that toking is harmful to the respiratory system and very possibly includes both organic & inorganic chemicals whose effects are unknown.

AFA 'medical cannabis' goes, so far the research is really thin. There are no reputable studies that have been published regarding the effectiveness, dosage or side effects of proscribed pot. (There is plenty of information regarding heavy abusers.)
Just about all the evidence is only anecdotal. So 'medical cannabis' IS different than the other medications in that there is very litte scientific literature about it. And, no 'big pharma' does not dictate all research done around the world by reputable research institutions.

Maybe he was bagging a secretary. Maybe he told someone in the Shewey to F*ck off. Maybe there was other reasons that were not directly related to coaching but impacted his personal life and Marshall is actually doing him a favor by not giving you reasons and making things public. Nevertheless, just because an entity runs on “donations” doesn’t mean you’re entitled to know why a staff member is fired.

Like I said, get hired and then give us the goods….
Or maybe he got pissed off at someone on this board and asked them to meet him at the bowl game for further discussion. I mean, it does happen. LOL

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT