ADVERTISEMENT

New Baseball stadium question

I would be careful implying that Wags did anything that made his shocking firing “necessary” without any evidence whatsoever that this is so.

My guess is that CS has some buddy who is washing out of the minor leagues, either as a player or a coach, who will get the job after a token talent search.

As to the stadium, tick-tock. It will be December before this week is out. Anybody who thinks that an even 90% completed stadium can be on that site, this time next year, has never been around construction. The real question is, this time next year, will we be talking about “construction delays” and looking at a half-finished place; or will we see the same vacant lot (and no plans, permits, etc) we see now.

My bet is on the later. It is all smoke and mirrors until proven otherwise. Lied to too many times already.
High Point Rocker stadium was completed in 13 months moving dirt to park opening day. When it's done right , it can be done. That project by the way was spearheaded by a Huntington native and Marshall grad.

I would be careful implying that Wags did anything that made his shocking firing “necessary” without any evidence whatsoever that this is so.
People get fired every day for reasons that are never disclosed to the outside world. If you want to know, get a job in the Shewey, let us know what you find out and most importantly...stop your whining.

People get fired every day for reasons that are never disclosed to the outside world.
Except the “outside world” in this case is an athletic program which is run from public donations, student fees (which in current politics means tax money) and tax money.

Doing business in secret is no way to encourage support.

Reactions: Catsfan123456
Except the “outside world” in this case is an athletic program which is run from public donations, student fees (which in current politics means tax money) and tax money.

Doing business in secret is no way to encourage support.
Maybe he was bagging a secretary. Maybe he told someone in the Shewey to F*ck off. Maybe there was other reasons that were not directly related to coaching but impacted his personal life and Marshall is actually doing him a favor by not giving you reasons and making things public. Nevertheless, just because an entity runs on “donations” doesn’t mean you’re entitled to know why a staff member is fired.

Like I said, get hired and then give us the goods….

Maybe he was bagging a secretary. Maybe he told someone in the Shewey to F*ck off. Maybe there was other reasons that were not directly related to coaching but impacted his personal life and Marshall is actually doing him a favor by not giving you reasons and making things public.
Do you have A N Y evidence of any of this character assassination you just committed? If not, you owe a good and honest person an apology. Just as MU donors, WV taxpayers, and MU students are owed a detailed outline of the goings on at MU HQ in every aspect of the operation.

• Haha
Reactions: herdfan06
Do you have A N Y evidence of any of this character assassination you just committed? If not, you owe a good and honest person an apology. Just as MU donors, WV taxpayers, and MU students are owed a detailed outline of the goings on at MU HQ in every aspect of the operation.
How is it "character assassination" when I'm throwing out possibilities/potential reasons for firing in a discussion? I never said it's THE reason for firing. Just giving you some reasons WHY a firing may take place so quickly w/o giving dorks like you every reason. My bet is he told someone to F-O.

If the firing wasn't justified, I'm sure we will all eventually find out. Wags could certainly take MU to court for wrongful termination, right? Maybe he doesn't want anyone to know WHY. Or you could just put your money where your mouth is, become a big donor to the program and let us know what you find out.

Reactions: TwolfHerdfan
Who needs proof when speculating? Never claimed I had it.

Prove you’re actually a Marshall fan and not just a dingle berry posting on a Marshall board.
You are debating a guy that thinks Spears hired the old OU coach as a consultant only to hire one of his old friends that he fired Wagoner to make room for.

All I am saying is this. I dont believe it was performance based, because you are right, it would have happened much longer ago. Also, it wasnt because of anything he did illegally, or against any rules. Sometimes, believe it or not, things just dont work out.
AARON...I beg to differ! I have called Jeff several times....no replies to my phone calls. I'm guessing his cell phone was PROVIDED by the University! Jeff did the best he could with what he had....no damn local field to recruit players. For the Love of John Marshall...Waggs took recruits to Charleston when The Herd was playing conference games at their minor league ballpark. Often, the YMCA field was underwater because of flooding.....Waggs had to schedule games in Ohio or @ Epling Field in Beckley! Jeff was not a perfect coach [none are]...I cautioned him about showing player favoritism! I hope he lands on his feet at a school as an assistant [perhaps, he will be re-hired @ NC State]. Jeff gave his heart to Marshall-----I'm betting no one will know the true story of why Waggs was let go......and I have asked people that "should" know....they have no answer! In closing, you said....."sometimes, believe it or not, things just don't work out." BS-----I believe you KNOW WHY!

Agree with a post above....not the most opportune time to fire/hire a baseball coach. Maybe Carbone will be the guy for this season.

Was around back in the 90s when Marshall was going to get a new stadium....hope this happens soon and is ready for next season. Good luck.

Well, from that video, there was one piece of equipment backing up and one man in a hard hat carrying what looked like an empty trash bag!! Definite evidence of "Movement", IMO!! Onward and upward in Herd baseball!

My guess is that CS has some buddy who is washing out of the minor leagues, either as a player or a coach, who will get the job after a token talent search.

As to the stadium, tick-tock. It will be December before this week is out. Anybody who thinks that an even 90% completed stadium can be on that site, this time next year, has never been around construction. The real question is, this time next year, will we be talking about “construction delays” and looking at a half-finished place; or will we see the same vacant lot (and no plans, permits, etc) we see now.

My bet is on the later. It is all smoke and mirrors until proven otherwise. Lied to too many times already.

How is Liberty going to look now that Freeze is gone? You think UTSA repeats as conference champs?

Well, from that video, there was one piece of equipment backing up and one man in a hard hat carrying what looked like an empty trash bag!! Definite evidence of "Movement", IMO!! Onward and upward in Herd baseball!
Ho ho ho ho!!!! Olde figured out windows again!

If only there were some way of knowing if the state of WV were building something or not. Like looking at the dozens of permits needed, the detailed and stamped plans that hadve to be filed with the city, county and OSHA, the signed contracts that must be approved by the state Auditor, and so on.

Nah. Cell phone videos of a couple of guys clearing a vacant lot is good enough.

I do hope they finally build a field. It looks like a scenic location with the rolling hills in the background. Even though I believe those are in Ohio.

Do you ever get tired of just thinking the worst of everyone at all times?

GHMY, you're back!! And a little quicker, too!! You finally getting that "wipe your A$$ thing" after using the bathroom figured out! "Bully" for You!! All your old Special Ed. Teachers would be REAL PROUD!! ;)
I don't know what's worse:

Your comeback or the fact you'd make fun of someone in Special Ed.

You can come get donations from all of the "fans" out in tbe lots while the football games are going on.

They'd complain that they already are paying too high of prices to just tailgate.
MU fans are quite creative when it comes to avoiding donating, too bad it can't be used to, you know, do something helpful for the program.

Reactions: TwolfHerdfan
They'd complain that they already are paying too high of prices to just tailgate.
MU fans are quite creative when it comes to avoiding donating, too bad it can't be used to, you know, do something helpful for the program.
It's been that way for decades. The BG has been stuck at around 3300 members for years and years

Now that we have the video proof above, I wonder if that Sammy guy will finally admit he is wrong. This guy has been saying over and over the stadium was no happening.

Now that a video was posted here, he is no longer a key board warier.

The proof is in the pudding, some people just needed a video such as that one to understand.

Gee, GHMY, you seem to criticize every post on every issue no matter which SIDE of the issue the poster takes!! I can only surmise that you are, without a doubt, an illegitimate offspring of the "GRINCH who Stole Christmas"!!

The buildings you are referencing are located on the ACF property. The baseball stadium isn't going to be build on that property. The stadium will be going directly behind the softball field.
The ACF property is going to be repurposed, Robert C Byrd Institute is opening a robotics school is one thing I’ve heard about.

I think it will be more like a big training/education center.

The ACF property is going to be repurposed, Robert C Byrd Institute is opening a robotics school is one thing I’ve heard about.

I think it will be more like a big training/education center.
We can only hope. With Steve Williams, be shocked if won't become the worlds largest drug house

The more of blighted Huntington that Marshall can acquire the better.
To bad they didn’t get the old Pizza Hut property that’s destined to become a 9-5 Credit union, What a gain on downtown life and campus area use of land. Wouldn’t surprise me if they put it in a pole barn with gray siding…

Reactions: oldeherd
To bad they didn’t get the old Pizza Hut property that’s destined to become a 9-5 Credit union, What a gain on downtown life and campus area use of land. Wouldn’t surprise me if they put it in a pole barn with gray siding…
Marshall should have made it a priority several years ago to buy as much of property on the North side of 5th Ave. behind the indoor practice facility: Pizza Hut, an office building, perhaps empty and abandoned, one residential structure, IIRC. Could than have razed and landscaped some of the area and used the other land for additional parking. Wonder when, if, MU will get around to razing the old church along 5th Ave.and on the West lot for more parking (or have they done so).

Reactions: goherdorgohome2
Marshall should have made it a priority several years ago to buy as much of property on the North side of 5th Ave. behind the indoor practice facility: Pizza Hut, an office building, perhaps empty and abandoned, one residential structure, IIRC. Could than have razed and landscaped some of the area and used the other land for additional parking. Wonder when, if, MU will get around to razing the old church along 5th Ave.and on the West lot for more parking (or have they done so).
I wish the city would be more proactive.. pass some rules on what can and can’t be built. Why allow another bank to build right next to a football stadium?

Just like why allow Pot stores to do business right next to campus.

set codes that have to be met on new construction like so much has to be brick, has to be at least a two story structure, a percentage of exterior walls has to be windows.

The city could do a lot more to help itself, but not caring has been their problem since the interstate meltdown…

I wish the city would be more proactive.. pass some rules on what can and can’t be built. Why allow another bank to build right next to a football stadium?

Just like why allow Pot stores to do business right next to campus.

set codes that have to be met on new construction like so much has to be brick, has to be at least a two story structure, a percentage of exterior walls has to be windows.

The city could do a lot more to help itself, but not caring has been their problem since the interstate meltdown…
Exactly!

Reactions: Elkview
ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT