ADVERTISEMENT

FOOTBALL GAME THREAD NC A&T at Marshall Men's Hoops game thread:

Our bench has been a nice surprise... George looks great. Watson gives you leadership and versatility. Kinsey is a pure athlete and a good perimeter defender. Sustic is smart and has good skills around the rim. Beyers is a good athlete who is figuring things out.

Reactions: ohio herd
So, didn’t get to watch, but the biggest headline to me is Beyers logging some minutes! Ankle must not be as bad as it looked?

I can really see Sustic moving up the depth chart. I think he will be a key contributor come conference play.

What happened with Thinneman? The dude is a physical beast and everyone was high on him. Now he's near the end of the bench.

Thienemen is a physical beast who everyone was high on? Are you confusing him with someone else?

I thought I remembered him being talked a lot about. Could be wrong, but thought there were a lot of debates with Fever because he said he sucked.

I thought I remembered him being talked a lot about. Could be wrong, but thought there were a lot of debates with Fever because he said he sucked.
Gotcha. I don’t feel comfortable saying Christian sucks because by all accounts he’s a good kid but he’s not (and has never been) the type of player who should get minutes at our level of ball. I’m fairly certain he’s moving on after this year even though he’s only a RS-JR.

Gotcha. I don’t feel comfortable saying Christian sucks because by all accounts he’s a good kid but he’s not (and has never been) the type of player who should get minutes at our level of ball. I’m fairly certain he’s moving on after this year even though he’s only a RS-JR.

I hate to bring them up, but could we make him a Cam Thoroughman(SP?) type player. Just go in to hammer people, get rebounds, and do the garbage work?

Reactions: 5150
The team looked really good tonight. It didn't hurt that NC A&T hadn't won a game yet. Bennett looked really good in the paint tonight especially in the first half. His progress is right on schedule. Jannson is still showing flashes of progress as well and hopefully will be at full stride when we get deep into conference play. Sustic probably needs the most improvement as of right now. He does a good job helping enforcing down low, but he is still very clunky on the offensive end. George continues to impress each game. I'm still hoping Elmore can get into the flow offensively at the beginning of the game, but it's hard to complain about the results so far regardless. Overall it was nice to see us have more of a wide open game going into Friday against what will obviously be our toughest test of the season so far. We will learn a lot Friday about how this team handles that environment and much better competition.

The team looked really good tonight. It didn't hurt that NC A&T hadn't won a game yet. Bennett looked really good in the paint tonight especially in the first half. His progress is right on schedule. Jannson is still showing flashes of progress as well and hopefully will be at full stride when we get deep into conference play. Sustic probably needs the most improvement as of right now. He does a good job helping enforcing down low, but he is still very clunky on the offensive end. George continues to impress each game. I'm still hoping Elmore can get into the flow offensively at the beginning of the game, but it's hard to complain about the results so far regardless. Overall it was nice to see us have more of a wide open game going into Friday against what will obviously be our toughest test of the season so far. We will learn a lot Friday about how this team handles that environment and much better competition.
I’m tellin’ you fellas - Rondale Watson is the unsung hero of this team so far!

So, didn’t get to watch, but the biggest headline to me is Beyers logging some minutes! Ankle must not be as bad as it looked?
No, it wasn't. When I spoke to him at practice on Friday he assured me that he would play last night. He worked Friday with the trainer instead of drills with the team. By Sunday's practice he was full tilt with the team.

Reactions: Chris McLaughlin
I’m tellin’ you fellas - Rondale Watson is the unsung hero
Our bench has been a nice surprise... George looks great. Watson gives you leadership and versatility. Kinsey is a pure athlete and a good perimeter defender. Sustic is smart and has good skills around the rim. Beyers is a good athlete who is figuring things out.
No surprise about the bench. We actually do have good depth this year. I do disagree with the Sustic comment. He is lost most of the time and I think Beyers will quickly jump ahead of him in the rotation. He plays awful defense

didn't he date that real hot chick on instagram. volleyball player?
If so, no way I let that guy leave. That is moral booster. Matter fact I give him a couple of starts for it. Dude deserves a spot on the team. Anybody that can out kick their coverage like that is a gamer. Wrong sport. I know. Hell, I would put on the football team as well. Inspirational like Rudy or Radio.

If so, no way I let that guy leave. That is moral booster. Matter fact I give him a couple of starts for it. Dude deserves a spot on the team. Anybody that can out kick their coverage like that is a gamer. Wrong sport. I know. Hell, I would put on the football team as well. Inspirational like Rudy or Radio.
Christian and Kayla live together. He will graduate in December, take masters classes in the spring semester and give up his last year of eligibility next year to return home and go to work in the family business. He has indicated that he will finish up his graduate work at Bellarmine in Louisville.
He is a great kid. Quality person

Since we are on the subject... If you are a young college man and you arent regularly attending volleyball games, you are nuts. Our volleyball team is loaded with beautiful girls. And it's not just us, look at volleyball rosters around the country and you will find the same is true.

Remember, he is a scholarship athlete, unlike walk on Rudy

Christian and Kayla live together. He will graduate in December, take masters classes in the spring semester and give up his last year of eligibility next year to return home and go to work in the family business. He has indicated that he will finish up his graduate work at Bellarmine in Louisville.
He is a great kid. Quality person

and Kayla is an even better person....at least that is my opinion after watching her walk by in the HC last game.

Reactions: i am herdman
ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT