ADVERTISEMENT

NHR - Broncos / Wisconsin // Now Penn St.v USC

a team that lost by a combined 21 points to #4, #2, and #7 would probably steam-roll any G5 and most P5's...

Reactions: MARSHALL77
Thank you, Western Michigan, for proving that just giving an automatic qualifier spot to a G5 school into the playoffs is a ridiculous idea.

Earn it? Fine. But inclusion for the sake of inclusion is not fair to better teams. Not all conference champions are created equal.

Thank you, Western Michigan, for proving that just giving an automatic qualifier spot to a G5 school into the playoffs is a ridiculous idea.

Earn it? Fine. But inclusion for the sake of inclusion is not fair to better teams. Not all conference champions are created equal.

To be fair the G5 rep in the NY6 bowl game has done well of late (Houston and Boise). And as I type this WMU just scored to make it 14-7.

Reactions: andy4theherd
17-7 but as Yogi said , "it ain't over till it's over" Would really like to see WMU comeback and pull out a win.

Kinda messed up getting a TD , FG good , now 17-10 , getting interesting if WMU's D can keep from running out of gas.

To be fair the G5 rep in the NY6 bowl game has done well of late (Houston and Boise). And as I type this WMU just scored to make it 14-7.

Fair enough, I'll give you that.

But is the argument of who deserves it based on their body of work during the season or who deserves it based on what they can do in a single game setting?

Given the committee's inconsistent nonsense in justifying their selections the past few seasons who knows. . . .

Over all it was a pretty good game , Wisconsin was a 7.5 favorite - won by 8

Last edited:
Fair enough, I'll give you that.

But is the argument of who deserves it based on their body of work during the season or who deserves it based on what they can do in a single game setting?

Given the committee's inconsistent nonsense in justifying their selections the past few seasons who knows. . . .

Agree - to an extent. WMU's body of work was fairly impressive, though.

WMU didn't deserve to be in the final four but I do believe if the tournament expands to eight there should be an automatic spot for the highest ranked G5. That's one spot for 60+ teams and seven (five auto conference bids and two at-larges) for the P5s. If that can't happen then a true D1 split needs to occur.

They certainly held their own, made a good showing IMHO. Showed they deserved to be there for sure. A lot worse results for some teams in P5 vs P5 bowls, a lot worse...

Reactions: TwolfHerdfan
Lighting up the scoreboard for sure 27/14 USC - not sure Penn State's D unit made the trip to Pasadena

Moving on to USC / Penn State and the lack of D - add the fact USC's may still be at Disneyland

PSU scores to make it 27-21 So. Cal , this might be last guy with the ball wins by the time its over

Last edited:
So, Penn State joins a slew of their very OVER RATED Big 10 brethren, including the Bitch Slapped Suck-Eyes, in going down to another Bowl defeat!!! LMAO

Reactions: jocktalker
hard to question the G5 rep in big bowls if you've paid any attention over the years...

since the start of the "BCS"
'04 Fiesta; Utah 35, Pitt 7
'06 Fiesta Boise 43, Oklahoma 42
'07 Sugar Georgia 41, Hawaii 10
'08 Sugar Utah 31, Alabama 17
'09 Fiesta Boise 17, TCU 10
'10 Rose TCU 21, Wisconsin 19
'12 Orange FSU 31, NIU 10
'13 Fiesta UCF 52, Baylor 42

Start CFP
'14 Fiesta Boise 38, Arizona 30
'15 Peach Houston 38, FSU 24
'16 Wisconsin 24, WMU 16

giving the G5 an 8-3 record...

(* and that G5 record gets even better if including the G5 Big East from 2004 to 2012)

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT