ADVERTISEMENT

No smack intended.......

Dec 30, 2005
........but whoever is responsible for scheduling your basketball team to play on Thursday and Saturday every week needs their head examined. That's self inflicted brutality IMHO.

Two home games every two weeks isn't very good either; long time between to forget about the program.

We did the same thing in the Southern Conference. Played Saturdays and Mondays. Probably more cost effective since the road trips are monsters. Plus less class time missed. Don't know for sure if these are the reasons just an educated guess.

Ivy plays Fri-Sat schedule once conference play and the Spring academic semester begins.

Many years ago in the old old AAWU, turned PAC8, turned PAC10 played a Fri-Sat conference schedule.

Honestly this team seems tired to me. I know Dan loves the fact these kids are in the gym all the time shooting but during the season teams can loose their legs. Its important to stay fresh!

........but whoever is responsible for scheduling your basketball team to play on Thursday and Saturday every week needs their head examined. That's self inflicted brutality IMHO.

Actually its better for us Financial since this conference us Travel Partners and the players arent missing as much school when CUSA was on the Wednesday/Saturday School.

We fly to our first game the night before, play the game, use the day off to Bus to the next game, stay the night, have the game then fly home. Before they used to Fly or bus out the Tuesday, Fly back right after the game on wednesday then Bus or fly out the friday before the Saturday game.

Anyone notice the last two weeks Conference USA was the only conference that had no TV game on Thursday even the Southern Conference had broadcast. I believe also that we had only one game on Saturdays. This is ridiculous. Can someone explain why no local tv channel broadcasts the MU games as in the past. WSAZ for years supported the university by broadcasting the games and when Channel 8 took over it went down hill.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT