ADVERTISEMENT

non meat- meat burgers-(plant)

The Impossible Burger (Burger King) was actually pretty good. No joke. The only real issue is that it's not really "healthier" for you in many respects vis a vis the Whopper.

Very true. They are still fairly high calorie and ironically quite a bit of saturated fat. People won't look at any of that though, and will buy it up because they think it's healthy and saving animals' lives.

I haven’t tried one, but like AtoG said, they’re not very healthy. Most articles I’ve read gave good reviews on their taste. But I believe I saw that the IB only has 20 less calories than the Whopper. I rarely eat fast food and I haven’t had a Whopper or Big Mac in years because of the calorie density. And I love the Big Mac. There’s more people motivated by weight loss than saving the planet so unless the calories go down, I doubt it is ready to replace the real thing. Yet. Also...vegans aren’t eating hem because they’re grilled on the same grill as the regular burgers.

Reactions: ohio herd
I haven’t tried one, but like AtoG said, they’re not very healthy. Most articles I’ve read gave good reviews on their taste. But I believe I saw that the IB only has 20 less calories than the Whopper. I rarely eat fast food and I haven’t had a Whopper or Big Mac in years because of the calorie density. And I love the Big Mac. There’s more people motivated by weight loss than saving the planet so unless the calories go down, I doubt it is ready to replace the real thing. Yet. Also...vegans aren’t eating hem because they’re grilled on the same grill as the regular burgers.

Agreed, but so many (typically unsuccessful or limited success) dieters will live under the precept that, as long as the food is "healthy," it is something favorable towards weight loss. So often these individuals don't even realize the "healthy" characteristic of something like salmon is that it's heart healthy, but does not correlate to weight loss. In fact, it would be a bad choice in comparison to a non-fatty fish like tilapia if your goal is strictly weight loss.

For a side-by-side comparison:

https://www.bk.com/menu-item/impossible-whopper
https://www.bk.com/menu-item/whopper

you only live once, so stop falling for this politically correct fake meat. Grill up a damn bunch of 1/2 pound burgers, toss on a bunch of cheese, and enjoy it with some deep fried onion rings, and a 12 pack of heavy calorie beers. I'm getting a pizza after work at the pizza parlor, and drinking a 20 oz Two Hearted while I sit there and wait on it to be baked.

hell, they served us those damn seaweed burgers in high school back in the 80's. this shit ain't nothing new.

you only live once, so stop falling for this politically correct fake meat. Grill up a damn bunch of 1/2 pound burgers, toss on a bunch of cheese, and enjoy it with some deep fried onion rings, and a 12 pack of heavy calorie beers. I'm getting a pizza after work at the pizza parlor, and drinking a 20 oz Two Hearted while I sit there and wait on it to be baked.

I would rather eat tasty food and drink good beer and die at 75 than eat rabbit food, drink goddamn Mich Ultra, and die at 85.

Reactions: caliherd and Chevy1
Wait until they come up with these new silicon lifelike women with all the parts and everything. The women are going to be screwed one of these days if they get it real enough, but you can turn it off and let the batteries die. Lifelike love dolls. If it gets close, they are in trouble.

Bell's makes some good beer!

Most people feel that way...until they're 74.
except for me. i'll drink mich ultra until i die, which will be somewhere between the next few minutes and 40 years from now. probably a lot closer to the former than the latter.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT