ADVERTISEMENT

FOOTBALL GAME THREAD Official Southern Miss @ Marshall Game Thread

.....penultimate .......when was the last time you herd an announcer use that? Solid work for the Herd tonite. Proud of them! 5-1, 1/2 way through the reg season.....I'll take it!

Reactions: Raoul Duke MU
Ohio is 4-1, I'm not saying there great but compared to Purdue, NSU, KSU, ODU they're the better of the 4.

Nope.

We shot our dick off in that game with Coaching decisions only, Birdsong never should have taken the field.

Only time I have blamed this staff as the only reason for the team losing, but when Birdsong threw the ball at DJ's legs wide open, it was apparent the horse they were riding was dead and 6 feet under/

Legg is a horrendous offensive coordinator. I've asked this for several years. Even during the Cato years.....do we have more than a 5 plays in our playbook?

Reactions: Raoul Duke MU
This game reminded me of Houston 08. Playing a good QB/offense and just had a distinct mismatch that crippled their offense.

Just realize this: This thread contains 90 % negative commentary. Who wants to read that sh!t?
Now I know why I don't usually read them. Proud of the kids - they have a lot of fight in them, and they seem to have a great chemistry together. Will be fun to watch the rest of the way. On to Florida!!

Go HERD!

I got $20.00 straight up on Ohio over Kent, you want in on that island?

...& I thought this was a board about Marshall Athletics. My bad....internet tough guys are so......________ insert favorite derogatory adjective. The next thing you know, somebody is going to want to fight. Geesh...

Weren't you just on here talking about not beefing with your herd Bros w-s? Take your own advice. There's nothing wrong with a friendly wager between island and I. And the legg comments are warranted this offense is stagnant. Look at the stats, it's easy to see. That's not being negative that's just the simple truth. Don't blame those who choose to talk about it rather than stick your head in the sand and refuse to acknowledge it.

Interesting stat.... litton has most tds (10) though 1st 4 games in marshall history. More than Pennington cato or leftwich

What I like best about Litton is that he does what it takes to win. He's not a stats guy, he's a win guy, and that's the best kind of guy.

Reactions: joeyb184
What I like best about Litton is that he does what it takes to win. He's not a stats guy, he's a win guy, and that's the best kind of guy.
I agree.... he just goes and does what he has to... not too flashy but just finds a way to win

I agree.... he just goes and does what he has to... not too flashy but just finds a way to win
Yep, notices if there are 6 in the box and will give the ball to DJ. It doesn't always work, but it's the right call every time.

Here's my thing...once we were comfortably up, start letting him wing it. Groom him now. This kid is a damn playmaker. I see NFL talent in the making here.

Reactions: HerdFan73
Nope.

We shot our dick off in that game with Coaching decisions only, Birdsong never should have taken the field.

Only time I have blamed this staff as the only reason for the team losing, but when Birdsong threw the ball at DJ's legs wide open, it was apparent the horse they were riding was dead and 6 feet under/

Yeah "coaching decisions only" im sure the 200 yards in penalties had nothing to do with the loss...

Here's my thing...once we were comfortably up, start letting him wing it. Groom him now. This kid is a damn playmaker. I see NFL talent in the making here.

Yeah, but that's probably Doc's conservative side coming out. They were only down 3 possessions with 9 minutes to go. Wouldn't want to take some risks, and let them get back into the game.

marine03 - touche'. To the ? about Doc being nega...I mean conservative: I believe he has a LOT of faith in T. Williams and ST's ability to flip the field. Which means he is very comfortable right now with the way our Defense is playing, which leads us to Coach Legg calling a pretty conservative game plan for @chaseboogiexiv , @ least at this point in his development. That & $40 will buy you a dog w/sauer-kraut & a 20 oz beer @ a Bills game.........;)

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT