ADVERTISEMENT

Ohio State vs Oregon

i am herdman

Platinum Buffalo
Gold Member
Mar 5, 2006
Is going to be miserable. Thank God, I don't live in the Tri-State area anymore. Being around KY basketball fans, Ohio State football fans, and the smattering of wvu fans has to be miserable. I won't even watch it. Will they have a special on Oregon's uniforms? All 687 of them?
This post was edited on 1/1 11:14 PM by i am herdman

The whole reason I hate OSU is because they're talked about nonstop like they're a local team. They aren't local. They aren't even in our state. I don't give half a shit about them, so I'd like to hear about them no more than I hear about Syracuse or Georgia Tech. I get so sick of having OSU, Kentucky, Cincinnati, Cleveland, Pittsburg shoved down our throats.

I'll take the Buckeyes all the pressure will be on the Ducks, already a 7 point favorite.Should be a very entertaining game.

I cant see why you would say Ohio State and Kentucky aren't local teams when I can be in either state within 3-10 minutes from my downtown Huntington home, and to either university before our "state flagship". Half of the Huntington metropolis area is located in those states.

I can't say I dislike Ohio State, Kentucky or Louisville fans as long as they aren't on an obvious bandwagon.

I live in the Columbus area. All of my friends up here are hard core from birth OSU fans. Yes they can be obnoxious but honestly they have a very long history of being one of the top programs in America so at least unlike some fan bases I know the obnoxious behavior is at least backed up.

What I don't get though are the people who grow up in places like Portsmouth, Ironton, Proctorville or anywhere in Southern Ohio who are hard core OSU fans. Literally the people in Columbus look there nose down at Southern Ohio. They consider them hicks and wish they would become a part of WV or Ky. Yet every year many of these people will drive the 2 1/2 hours to Columbus for a Buckeye game rather than drive across the bridge to watch Marshall.

This means that the 2014-5 National Champion will go down in the NCAA record books as "vacated". Both programs cheat, cheat big time, and make no secret of it.

Originally posted by caliherd:
Yet every year many of these people will drive the 2 1/2 hours to Columbus for a Buckeye game rather than drive across the bridge to watch Marshall.
It's not the same caliber of football. This is like getting mad at people for driving up to Stonewall to bass fish instead of going to Beech Fork. I don't care if people in Columbus look down on me. I'm there to watch great football, not to eat caviar with some snobs.

They let me in over there. They let me in down in Cincinnati to watch the Reds. They let me in here at Dayton to work and make a living. If this is what you get for being looked down on, I'll take it.

West Virginians look down on each other a hell of a lot worse.

I work downtown and live near the edge of the corp line around Kettering and Oakwood. The only thing missing around here is a good place to fish.

Not a huge fan of Ohio State at all, but I got a gut feeling they are going to win this game. They are definitely faster and better than what I thought they were.

I hope Oregon wins, but Urban Meyer can out coach anyone and I think they win.

Ugh cannot believe I just said that.

Originally posted by Walden Pond:
I work downtown and live near the edge of the corp line around Kettering and Oakwood. The only thing missing around here is a good place to fish.
Walden... How far are you from Deer Creek Lake? Not so sure of the fishing... But it sure is a pretty lake...

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT