ADVERTISEMENT

Playmakers, McManus

Treadmill MUsic

Gold Buffalo
Gold Member
Feb 29, 2012
We have to find a way to get this young man the football...today! Please sir, Go Herd!

I bet we've ran more bubble screens than any team in the country the last 5 or 6 years lol.. Why not run some traditional screens and slip screens.. The traditional screens would be a great way to counteract aggressive pass rushes while the slip screens would be a good opportunity to get the ball to our talented outside receivers like McManus and Allen

Agreed, put him (McManus) in motion, put him in the slot. I hope Coach Legg can be innovative with all of his weapons. Go Herd!

I bet we've ran more bubble screens than any team in the country the last 5 or 6 years lol.. Why not run some traditional screens and slip screens.. The traditional screens would be a great way to counteract aggressive pass rushes while the slip screens would be a good opportunity to get the ball to our talented outside receivers like McManus and Allen
You must not remember the Snyder years. Ran quite a few bubble screens during Pruett's last couple too. I could be wrong though, but you are right, we run more than half our pass plays on bubbles screens right now.

Mcmanus has dropped a few this year. Can't get him the ball if he doesn't hold on to it.

Drops or not. (And he has fewer than most) They have to get him more touches!!!

Can't get him the ball if he can't get open or seperation from the guy covering him.

Slip screens would counteract some ogood the seperation issues out WRs are having right now.. Which frankly is ridiculous.. Teams are loading the box and playing a lot of man on the outsides.. Our receivers have got to be able to start taking advantage of that.. they are too athletically gifted to not be able to beat man coverage

Allen has been a colossal fail this year. Very disappointed in his play.

If we need to get anyone more touches it is Yurachek! That dude has been the most consistent receiver.

TE's are basically forgotten in the Legg offense...think Eric Fro of last year. A 6-7 target with great hands... 2 or 3 catches in 1st qtr. then a forgotten soul. Too complicated for Legg

Reactions: Treadmill MUsic
Glad I'm not the only person beating the drum for Yurachek. He's very talented, and he's shown it from the minute he got to the field as a freshman. He can block, get seperation, and he catches with his hands and not his body.

Big Yurachek fan now that Fro is gone. Hope he doesn't become our next underutilized TE.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT