ADVERTISEMENT

Post-Game Questions

Easy solution don’t come back.😄
Oh, don't worry. After that shitshow of a game and the state of the town, I doubt I'll be back anytime in the foreseeable future. If I'm going to travel from out-of-state and spend money somewhere, probably should be on something enjoyable. Marshall football and Huntington do not fall under that category.

If I'm going to travel from out-of-state and spend money somewhere, probably should be on something enjoyable.
Kind of my outlook on any possible bowl game. Do I really want to spend thousands of dollars on tickets, travel, and accommodations to watch Marshall score 10 points in a probable loss?

After years of sniffing Union Carbide, you probably thought Huntington was releasing mint scented air freshener.
Funny. I guess I should have said originally from the Huntington area but in KV last 30 some years. I live west and haven't smelled any of the plants in decades. I recall the smell as a child 40 years ago when we passed through. You really are a geezer

You really are a geezer
Yep. My mom was a South Charleston girl and grew up right across from the main plant. Had two uncles that worked there.
I always knew when we were visiting my grandparents because you could smell the aroma long before we got there.

Oh, don't worry. After that shitshow of a game and the state of the town, I doubt I'll be back anytime in the foreseeable future. If I'm going to travel from out-of-state and spend money somewhere, probably should be on something enjoyable. Marshall football and Huntington do not fall under that category.
Where do you live Cat? I don't live in Huntington anymore, moved back to nicholas county. Just curious

1. Sept and Oct have been very dry in Htgn area. When there is an extended period with little or no runoff into the storm drains there will be a smell from the collected matter that’s lying in the drain. If you don’t like that explanation then I say it’s the mayor.
This is exactly the reason. Every city in the region is having this issue. Thankfully we got some good rain yesterday here in the Louisville area that should help.

Reactions: 19MU88
Yep. My mom was a South Charleston girl and grew up right across from the main plant. Had two uncles that worked there.
I always knew when we were visiting my grandparents because you could smell the aroma long before we got there.
Yep but I don't think I've smelled that since the 80s

I just walked a few blocks downtown and not a whiff of any bad smells... but it did finally rain last night.

Things got a little rough around 2016-2017 but things seem to have been steadily improving since. A lot more local dining and entertainment options. There has been a significant drop in the druggies just wondering around. They've also torn down a ton of dilapidated houses/buildings.

Of course it has it problems, like literally every city big or small, but Huntington has definitely been on an upswing.

Yep but I don't think I've smelled that since the 80s
I’m talking much, much earlier. I remember when I was just a kid and we would drive into Charleston, my little sister would say, “We’re in Charleston, there is the capitol.”
I would usually reply, “I know where we are because it smells terrible and I see the big red Falls City Beer sign on the other side of the river

Reactions: 19MU88
Wolfpack 4 Life.
BriefAnotherFishingcat-max-1mb.gif

Any chance you’ll just go ahead and delete your HN account while your at it? Good riddance.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT