ADVERTISEMENT

Pullman Square Pep Rally Tonight!

Why a pep rally two full weeks prior to the first game? I'm glad but I don't get the time frame. Guess I'm old and find this a little disconcerting. A "Welcome Back" party in conjunction with the Week Of Welcome but pep rally should be reserved for just prior to the game. Just my opinion.

Reactions: Herd Fever
Great turnout and was fun. My only 2 complaints were the music group selection for a football pep rally and lack of cheering by the fans. It was a gospel group. So you had people walking around with beer and listening to gospel. They had a couple new cheers they were trying out and you had a smattering of people participating. Reminded me of being at games.

All and all it wasn't bad.

Why a pep rally two full weeks prior to the first game? I'm glad but I don't get the time frame. Guess I'm old and find this a little disconcerting. A "Welcome Back" party in conjunction with the Week Of Welcome but pep rally should be reserved for just prior to the game. Just my opinion.

I agree about this. This should have been Thursday night before the first home game to kick off opening weekend

LOL, I wasn't there but if it was The Carpenter Ants, they are not a gospel group. The singer is very soulful and they might throw a gospel tune in their set, but as stated, they are more of a blues/roots band. Michael Lipton, the lead guitarist, plays with the Mountain Stage band, he's very good!

Great turnout and was fun. My only 2 complaints were the music group selection for a football pep rally and lack of cheering by the fans. It was a gospel group. So you had people walking around with beer and listening to gospel. They had a couple new cheers they were trying out and you had a smattering of people participating. Reminded me of being at games.

All and all it wasn't bad.

This is why we can't have nice things.

Oh good grief were any of you there? Did you hear them actually sing? There were tons of gospel songs. Ask anyone who was there. My wife and others commented on it. Not sure who they are but it was definitely gospel at least some portion of it was. After team spoke it was different.

If I said the sky was blue today some of you would have something to say about it. Nothing of what I said was any different than someone who actually paid any attention to what was going on. My wife is the most non complaining individual and said the exact same thing.

OK, first, thanks for everyone for coming. It was a lot of fun, and hope we can do it year after year.

Second, next Thursday is Paint Capital Green - Following Thursday is Hamrick show and Doc show at Christopher's Eats. I'm sure Doc prefers to have these type of events a little further out than two or three days before the opener.

Third, Fridays are out-HS Football starts tonight. Wednesday is out-Church Night.

Fourth, it was free and fun. Enjoy, and I'm sure we will continue to have Pullman Square's Concert Series on Thursdays, as it has been successful, and the University was very happy to tie in WOW for new frosh.

It could be tweeked with MU band up front, and plans for Doc and team (who are habitually late for these types of events after practice, meals, video, what ever in camp) to be late, so maybe another type of event.

The Carpenter Ants were very good. Crowd seemed ok with music. I'm not sure if Larry Whitt and Blue-Eyed Soul, who play next week in final Thursday of year and were originally set for rally next week (moved to due paint to last night) would have been any more "appropriate" for rally than Carpenter Ants, One Foot (who got rained/no rain out) or any of the dozens of bands who play for Kindred every year.

Again, thanks for coming. Great crowd, lots of green and generally seemed like a good night for all there.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT