ADVERTISEMENT

Raoul called it

I saw that pic of him playing basketball in a helmet to avoid another concussion....

I wonder if we'll still be playing football a decade from now.

Reactions: ThunderCat98
Makes you question his parents. If your child has had so many brain injuries they have to wear a helmet to play basketball, why are they playing basketball?

Makes you question his parents. If your child has had so many brain injuries they have to wear a helmet to play basketball, why are they playing basketball?

You've heard of the saying "there is no such thing as a dumb question, right"? You just disproved that. This is a mind-bogglingly dumb question.

In what way? If your kid had had a couple of concussions in a years time it’s time to remove him from activities that are likely to cause another.

Some people are just more predisposed to concussions than others. He appears to have been a bright kid, was able to get his masters and start a promising career, protect the thing that is most important instead of just rolling the dice.

It’s like Tua, if he lives past 55 he’ll just be shaking and drooling. It’s likely already too late, but one more good brain shaker guarantees it.

In what way? If your kid had had a couple of concussions in a years time it’s time to remove him from activities that are likely to cause another.

Some people are just more predisposed to concussions than others. He appears to have been a bright kid, was able to get his masters and start a promising career, protect the thing that is most important instead of just rolling the dice.

It’s like Tua, if he lives past 55 he’ll just be shaking and drooling. It’s likely already too late, but one more good brain shaker guarantees it.

There are a high number of people who have a higher likelihood to suffer a negative reaction to certain activities. That's why additional safety measures are put in place for those people.

If you don't think that a public school had doctors pass the kid to be able to play basketball regardless of medical conditions, then you're the type dumb enough to make the comment in this thread. It's why certain positions in football wear the concussion helmets in practice, why they wear different types of pads in games, and why some who have had concussions wear different types of helmets.

If you don't think that a public school had doctors pass the kid to be able to play basketball regardless of medical conditions, then you're the type dumb enough to make the comment in this thread.
If you don't think a family ir ER doctor with no specific knowledge or specialized training in CTE is capable of incorrectly clearing a kid to start playing again when they shouldn't, yore probably too dumb to be part of this conversation.

There are a high number of people who have a higher likelihood to suffer a negative reaction to certain activities. That's why additional safety measures are put in place for those people.
My best friend in elementary school was an outstanding basketball player. Unfortunately, he continually had his nose broken playing the sport. After the third break, his parents had a special custom face shield made that took care of the problem.

My best friend in elementary school was an outstanding basketball player. Unfortunately, he continually had his nose broken playing the sport. After the third break, his parents had a special custom face shield made that took care of the problem.
Ha. Exactly what Tier Three didn’t want to hear.

If you don't think a family ir ER doctor with no specific knowledge or specialized training in CTE is capable of incorrectly clearing a kid to start playing again when they shouldn't, yore probably too dumb to be part of this conversation.
So you and Banker are now claiming that the kid shouldn’t have been playing based on no facts, yet any doctors who allowed him to play with additional safety measures were wrong.

Brilliant.

Ha. Exactly what Tier Three didn’t want to hear.

So you and Banker are now claiming that the kid shouldn’t have been playing based on no facts, yet any doctors who allowed him to play with additional safety measures were wrong.

Brilliant.
Where did I say that? I said it's possible they allowed him to keep playing. Not enough info to say one way or the other.

Where did I say that? I said it's possible they allowed him to keep playing. Not enough info to say one way or the other.
Which is exactly the point and why Banker’s comment is so dumb.

Did one doctor clear him? 50 doctors clear him? Did the parents go above and beyond to put him in the helmet even though 50 doctors cleared him and said he didn’t even need the helmet?

He has no idea. The parents could have gone above and beyond what even the doctors said was needed, so criticizing them for allowing him to play basketball with additional protection is stupid.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT