ADVERTISEMENT

Religion: ain't it grand

What are these "big houses" you're talking about?

The material stuff. He often talks about how you can move into that nice house, get that promotion, kick that addiction, etc.

And you can. If that's what you really want and you're willing to do God's will (the right things), you can get it. People who don't have these things and whine about it, they don't really even want it. Wouldn't be happy if they got it.

If that's what you really want and you're willing to do God's will (the right things), you can get it.

You've already listened to too much Osteen. Doing Gods will does not guarantee it you will receive material things, and not doing Gods will doesn't prevent you from having those things. Hitler was rich. Very rich.

You are better at lying than you are comedy.

The problem is you're, the one continuing to lie. http://www.theblaze.com/stories/201...-between-being-a-moral-person-vs-a-Christian/

I am trying to find where he "guarantees" anything material. He doesn't.............

What Is Success?
Considering his own story, Osteen’s definition of success is an intriguing one that is anything but objective.

It’s not based on fortune and certainly not on fame, he says. Finding true success is fulfilling one’s purpose and destiny and doing what God has put on each person’s heart.

“You know, success to somebody is being a great mom. You know, for somebody else, it’s running a big business,” he said. “So I think that’s the way I see it — it’s fulfilling your purpose.”

"I believe God puts the desires in our heart, but then I think the balance of it is — if it doesn’t happen in your way or on your timetable, you’ve got to make up your mind: ‘I’m gonna trust God to do it His way,’” he said. “Otherwise you’re going to get bitter and, you know, drop out of church and say it doesn’t work. But that’s the part of faith: ‘God, this is what I want–this is what I believe is the plan for my life — this is what I’m praying for, but God, if it doesn’t happen, I’m still going to be happy. I’m still gonna be good to people. I’m still gonna go to work with the right attitude.’”

Osteen said that it’s easy to get angry or downtrodden, but striking a balance and recognizing that God is in control is key."

Greed's got the Bitter tone down perfectly.

Doing Gods will does not guarantee it you will receive material things

Well, if that's what he's saying I still don't care. I don't hear a guarantee in there, but if that's what you think he's doing that's great.

Material things are garbage anyway. If I spent all my money on material things, I'd have some nice stuff that I'd get tired of in about two weeks.

Two more days have passed and rifle still hides from me.

You don't understand how basic challenges work.

It would be like you challenging me to a basketball game. I would accept the challenge contingent on you also accepting part of the deal in my terms.

Likewise, you offered me a challenge to answer your question. I said I'll accept that as long as you answer my questions first.

You are running from that. You're like Floyd mayweather. You want everything on your terms, but unlike him, you won't win this.

Well, if that's what he's saying I still don't care. I don't hear a guarantee in there, but if that's what you think he's doing that's great.

Material things are garbage anyway. If I spent all my money on material things, I'd have some nice stuff that I'd get tired of in about two weeks.

I care about what is taught to people about God, Christ, and being saved. If they are taught that if they do certain things, they'll receive certain things, then when that doesn't happen, what will people think? Will they think that God doesn't keep his word, or will they think themselves unsaved? False doctrine is always a problem.

Well, you should get on youtube and post some nasty comments like those other people do. Maybe enough people will read them and spread the word that this guy's a huckster.

Forget his stuff. Get all mad, huffy and puffy and blow his big house down. Go about religion as if you're Don Mattingly and you got hosed on a call in the Dodgers/Marlins game.

Well, you should get on youtube and post some nasty comments like those other people do. Maybe enough people will read them and spread the word that this guy's a huckster.

Forget his stuff. Get all mad, huffy and puffy and blow his big house down. Go about religion as if you're Don Mattingly and you got hosed on a call in the Dodgers/Marlins game.

Better yet, people ought to read their Bibles so they'd know what's right and what isn't.

I care about what is taught to people about God, Christ, and being saved. If they are taught that if they do certain things, they'll receive certain things, then when that doesn't happen, what will people think? Will they think that God doesn't keep his word, or will they think themselves unsaved? False doctrine is always a problem.

If they don't receive certain things, lets hope they actually listen or read what Osteen actually says instead of taking your word for it.

"I believe God puts the desires in our heart, but then I think the balance of it is — if it doesn’t happen in your way or on your timetable, you’ve got to make up your mind: ‘I’m gonna trust God to do it His way,’” he said. “Otherwise you’re going to get bitter and, you know, drop out of church and say it doesn’t work. But that’s the part of faith: ‘God, this is what I want–this is what I believe is the plan for my life — this is what I’m praying for, but God, if it doesn’t happen, I’m still going to be happy. I’m still gonna be good to people. I’m still gonna go to work with the right attitude.’”

Osteen said that it’s easy to get angry or downtrodden, but striking a balance and recognizing that God is in control is key."

i.e. Buy my books and cd's and make me rich, and if that doesn't do the trick, well, carry on.

This is your year. 2015 is your due season.
Unless it's not. Then carry on.

We now see why you're so pissed. Its not about Osteen's $$$ or (non)guarantees. Its about your money and lack of faith when you went looking for life guidance (because apparently Jesus wasn't enough) and guarantees from this guy.

Better yet, people ought to read their Bibles so they'd know what's right and what isn't.

I don't even have a Bible. Don't read books. Those scripture verses are posted in weird kind of talking. Thees and thous.

This has gone on too long.

Final Score: Osteen leaves out hellfire and brimstone so he's going to hell and taking millions with him. Yada yada yada, Fred Phelps' mad face.

We now see why you're so pissed. Its not about Osteen's $$$ or (non)guarantees. Its about your money and lack of faith when you went looking for life guidance (because apparently Jesus wasn't enough) and guarantees from this guy.

When you have nothing else, just resort to your lying, as usual. I have scripture to make my case, you have nothing but personal preference.

I don't even have a Bible. Don't read books. Those scripture verses are posted in weird kind of talking. Thees and thous.

This has gone on too long.

Final Score: Osteen leaves out hellfire and brimstone so he's going to hell and taking millions with him. Yada yada yada, Fred Phelps' mad face.

I didn't say he was going to hell, I said he's teaching false doctrine.

Certainly he must repent of that or else be cast into the lake of fire. It may even be too late for him now. In many of the Fred Phelps videos I've watched, he said it was too late for some of those people to repent. Still living people. Too late for them.

Certainly he must repent of that or else be cast into the lake of fire. It may even be too late for him now. In many of the Fred Phelps videos I've watched, he said it was too late for some of those people to repent. Still living people. Too late for them.

Maybe. Maybe not. Fact of the matter is its false doctrine. It causes harm.

I really need to quit watching it. Last week it wasn't even that good. It was something about people saying "shame on you" and you're supposed to say "shame off me."

It wasn't that bad, but I was really hoping he would tell me I need to go buy that GMC Sierra before it's too late. I really don't want it, but I was supposed to have one. That used to be the dream. I'd like Osteen or somebody to try to pressure me a little more into maybe buying it.

Mainly so I can blame them if I end up going crazy after I lose all that money.

You don't understand how basic challenges work.

It would be like you challenging me to a basketball game. I would accept the challenge contingent on you also accepting part of the deal in my terms.

Likewise, you offered me a challenge to answer your question. I said I'll accept that as long as you answer my questions first.

You are running from that. You're like Floyd mayweather. You want everything on your terms, but unlike him, you won't win this.

keep deflecting hypocrite. Keep running.

BC asked first.

The answer should be something to the effect of "yeah, technically it's alive but hasn't developed enough to know what's really going on yet so it's OK to go ahead and kill it."

It's like some baby birds that fell out of a tree and their mother's not coming back. Probably best to just go ahead and stomp on the things now instead of having them screech for an hour before they starve to death.

So, I gather BC had Rifle on the ropes, so instead of manning up and addressing the question, he decided to have his Mexican trainer throw in the towel for him, and then divert/twist the conversation into something entirely different.

It was just avoiding the ugly realities of things. People on both sides of the coin on here do it. I kind of like to draw attention to them to show that no matter what you choose, it's not going to be a certain bed of roses.

Have the kid and raise it up to hate you since you didn't want it or kill it and deal with some possible guilt from that. Or just be a shut-in and wonder what you're missing out on, although it sure doesn't look like much.

In the game of baseball, nobody goes 162-0.

How do you feel about the results of the Pugh Research Poll?

Percent of Christians falling and percent of Agnostic/Atheist/Don't care climbing drastically in the US.

You don't like Osteen.....What about Rick Warren and his "Purpose Driven Life"?

When you have nothing else, just resort to your lying, as usual. I have scripture to make my case, you have nothing but personal preference.

Lying? Nope. Cant say I needed to check out a cult for self help improvement. What scripture referred you to Dianetics?

I really need to quit watching it. Last week it wasn't even that good. It was something about people saying "shame on you" and you're supposed to say "shame off me."

It wasn't that bad, but I was really hoping he would tell me I need to go buy that GMC Sierra before it's too late. I really don't want it, but I was supposed to have one. That used to be the dream. I'd like Osteen or somebody to try to pressure me a little more into maybe buying it.

Mainly so I can blame them if I end up going crazy after I lose all that money.

You need to get that vehicle walden, if it will make you happy and you can afford it. You can't take that $$ with you in the end. If you end up going crazy after buying it, you can blame me.:)

So, I gather BC had Rifle on the ropes, so instead of manning up and addressing the question, he decided to have his Mexican trainer throw in the towel for him, and then divert/twist the conversation into something entirely different.

That's exactly what happened. I asked him a question that he knows he cannot answer without exposing himself to be a hypocrite. So, instead of answering, he asked me a question in hopes that he can play off of my answer rather than address the original question itself. He is acting like a coward and he knows that he cannot answer the question because it will exposes his hypocrisy.

as i have stated many times in this thread, i will answer the problem directly right after BC answers mine.

it is common courtesy. somebody challenges with me with something they want, i agree to it as long as they meet me a bit and adhere to part of what i want.

and the closest BC has ever had me to the ropes is when i sneezed during a 1-on-1 game which allowed him to drive for an uncontested layup to cut the score to 14-2.

waiting on you to accept, coward. you must be wearing that wvu yellow shirt.

Is this the question:

why are you willing to use science as the basis for any argument now, while avoiding it and discarding it on many other religious issues?

------------------

Answer to that is for convenience.

Even though I'm a godless heathen, abortion seems wrong to me. First of all, the behavior you have to engage in to even be in that situation is wrong. The act itself is pretty gruesome. Somehow, people are able to justify it. The law says they can do it. Nothing I can do about it. If it was my decision I'd say no, but it isn't so that's that.

Pu$$yarm...you've let me down. Its a simple question. Why do i have to answer your question first? that makes no sense. You simply cant answer it so you continue to deflect.

A man who says there is no god is a fool. The bible clearly tell of people that nthink they are so smart they denounce God. The bible warns of this sad way of thinking by humans whom he died for.

I don't care which day is the 7th day of the week. I don't practice the Old Testament law.

So your saying you don't follow the Ten Commandments but you call yourself a Christian. Instead you decide to follow the laws of Man and still call yourself a Christian. You are so lost it's laughable

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT