ADVERTISEMENT

Rock98Dog

I may have to take those above words back.

Another party - one who hasn't posted in this thread - filled me in on the CrossFit situation. Wow. Maybe you are as much of a piece of shit as others who know you in real life have said over the years. My god - did you really have to move to North Carolina since you screwed over so many of your friends? Was it worth that better seat at Marshall games and feeding your ego that you're some sort of insider to the program to fvck over all of those people?

And another person who reads this board but doesn't post verified Banker's version of the story, as this person was at one of the incidents.

I'll let another person summarize what it seems like:

I've tried being fair and impartial. But there is overwhelming evidence that Banker's version is the accurate version and that you are a shitty human.

I’d be extraordinarily interested in Herdfblfan’s defense of the CrossFit situation. Should be high comedy

Reactions: ru4_mu2
I’d be extraordinarily interested in Herdfblfan’s defense of the CrossFit situation. Should be high comedy
He denies it on the paid board or does word gymnastics while pretending to deny it.

If you know specifics, the board would be interested.

He denies it on the paid board or does word gymnastics while pretending to deny it.

If you know specifics, the board would be interested.
Some. I was, unfortunately, involved with his exodus from the gym (CrossFit Thunder) that he split from in early 2014. What happened once he and his business partners were at CrossFit Huntington I’m much less aware. As someone who is still in business, I loved and hated hearing he moved to NC. I loved the fact I didn’t have someone in town “coaching” like dogshit, embarrassing my livelihood and generally feeding into stereotypes that all CF gyms are places where people get hurt, and hated the fact that I no longer had such an inept competition in town

I loved the fact I didn’t have someone in town “coaching” like dogshit, embarrassing my livelihood and generally feeding into stereotypes that all CF gyms are places where people get hurt, and hated the fact that I no longer had such an inept competition in town
shark-tank-mr-wonderful.gif

Some. I was, unfortunately, involved with his exodus from the gym (CrossFit Thunder) that he split from in early 2014. What happened once he and his business partners were at CrossFit Huntington I’m much less aware. As someone who is still in business, I loved and hated hearing he moved to NC. I loved the fact I didn’t have someone in town “coaching” like dogshit, embarrassing my livelihood and generally feeding into stereotypes that all CF gyms are places where people get hurt, and hated the fact that I no longer had such an inept competition in town
Guys, back the fvck up. Give this man room to breathe, and allow me the seat in the front row. I’m here for all of this. Please proceed, Mr. 13. Tell us, what was the motive behind his departure from the first gym, which I am told is much less entertaining than the second instance.

Guys, back the fvck up. Give this man room to breathe, and allow me the seat in the front row. I’m here for all of this. Please proceed, Mr. 13. Tell us, what was the motive behind his departure from the first gym, which I am told is much less entertaining than the second instance.
This thread is too good to die!

His motive, in my opinion, was strictly monetary. He came to me in early ‘13 with pages of financials on how, if we opened a competing gym, could make a lot of money and he was willing to finance all of it. At the time I was the head coach at CFT, but I had a verbal agreement with the then owner (and still my business partner) than I would buy in at 50% on 1-1-14. I thought his proposal over the weekend and rejected it for three reasons.

1. I had given my word to someone and I take that shit seriously whether in writing or not.
2. His financials were based almost entirely on me pulling a substantial number of present clients to the new gym
3. I didn’t trust him and resented being used despite the $ he was throwing at me

When I rejected his offer he said cool, this won’t work without you involved and would look for a different business venture. I told him I’d appreciate a heads up should he decide to proceed, which would certainly be his prerogative. What I didnt want is someone continuing their membership and undermining my business by persuing their own ends. Well, clearly that didn’t happen and when I found out I asked him about it. He backpedaled claiming my business partner (at the time he was involved with CF HQ) would somehow sabotage his affiliation if he would have said anything. Of course, that’s bullshit. He just wanted to buy time by approaching my present people with sweetened deals if they left. While some certainly did leave, (more due to his new partners than him) most saw through him.

Rifle, I would imagine that he, being one of only a couple people on this board who know who I am, dances around threads concerning CF because he knows I’m on here

Reactions: 19MU88
His motive, in my opinion, was strictly monetary. He came to me in early ‘13 with pages of financials on how, if we opened a competing gym, could make a lot of money and he was willing to finance all of it. At the time I was the head coach at CFT, but I had a verbal agreement with the then owner (and still my business partner) than I would buy in at 50% on 1-1-14. I thought his proposal over the weekend and rejected it for three reasons.

1. I had given my word to someone and I take that shit seriously whether in writing or not.
2. His financials were based almost entirely on me pulling a substantial number of present clients to the new gym
3. I didn’t trust him and resented being used despite the $ he was throwing at me

When I rejected his offer he said cool, this won’t work without you involved and would look for a different business venture. I told him I’d appreciate a heads up should he decide to proceed, which would certainly be his prerogative. What I didnt want is someone continuing their membership and undermining my business by persuing their own ends. Well, clearly that didn’t happen and when I found out I asked him about it. He backpedaled claiming my business partner (at the time he was involved with CF HQ) would somehow sabotage his affiliation if he would have said anything. Of course, that’s bullshit. He just wanted to buy time by approaching my present people with sweetened deals if they left. While some certainly did leave, (more due to his new partners than him) most saw through him.

Rifle, I would imagine that he, being one of only a couple people on this board who know who I am, dances around threads concerning CF because he knows I’m on here
Interest Popcorn GIF by SpongeBob SquarePants

@Josh Stowers , it sounds like allowing @herdftblfan on the paid board is like putting a fox in the henhouse. If he did it to his CrossFit friends, what’s to say his knife is now too dull to do it to you and McLaughlin?

rubbing-hands.gif

He may stop by to call you a liar. He likes doing that even when he knows what you are saying is true.

He may stop by to call you a liar. He likes doing that even when he knows what you are saying is true.
I don’t think he will. He knows there are two other people who don’t post on here who are watching this thread hoping for a chance to jump in if he denies the separate, but somewhat related, situation.

Reactions: goherd13
At your convenience, I’d love to hear about the second separation, sir.
As you can tell, I'm not one to get involved in rumors, drama, or instigating/antagonizing things that don't involve me.

I think hearing it directly from @herdftblfan or the two people who are waiting to see if he responds on here would be the best route. @herdftblfan has already used word-gymnastics to claim that he has never received points from the donations of others, so . . .

As you can tell, I'm not one to get involved in rumors, drama, or instigating/antagonizing things that don't involve me.

I think hearing it directly from @herdftblfan or the two people who are waiting to see if he responds on here would be the best route. @herdftblfan has already used word-gymnastics to claim that he has never received points from the donations of others, so . . .

Independent of your 2, there’s others who can verify my story as well

Last edited:
I am in no rush to defend anything. I'll get there when I get there. Plus, I don't know about y'all but d*mn I have a job!

There's not a person on this thread that cares about the truth. You purely care about the entertainment value (which is perfectly okay). Some of my close, personal friends are on Old Fairfield but anyone's opinion I care about doesn't post here on Pullman Square.

Rifle is like pro wrestling. It's entertaining but we all know it's fake. But if you want the truth, ask him. He seems to think he knows more about my personal life than I do. He doesn't. He just wants to see if he can get a response. He's desperate for it. He's always desperate for it.

As for goherd13 and CrossFit, there are no word gymnastics involved. In ten years neither I nor my partners have commented publicly about him, his partner, or the reason we chose to open our own affiliate. I'm not going to start now. It sure as h*ll wasn't for the money, because I invested almost every penny I made right back into the gym and the coaches. I am proud of what we did at CrossFit Huntington and the affiliate we ran. I made many lifelong friends with whom I am still in touch with today.

When I left, I asked my partners just for the money I spent on a portion of the equipment, nothing more. I also continued to help them remotely and through travel for well over a year. They are good people and still great friends. They along with some of the other coaches and several athletes tailgate with us every game, sit with us in the stands, have visited NC several times, etc. We left WV because my wife landed a great career opportunity and I wanted to support her. We both also prefer warmer weather. Any comments about us being "run out of town" are ludicrous.

I understand goherd13 is pissed at me. He has been for a decade now, but I don't intend to reciprocate. He has his reasons for his comments but regardless of whether I disagree or not, it doesn't change my opinion of him. I respect him as a coach and other than some of the comments he's made about me personally, I think he is a genuinely good . . . but very stubborn . . . person.

I have zero clue what rifle is talking about when he claims that I collected money and donated it in my own name for priority points.

Yes, I was great friends with Phil Ratliff and I maintained a friendship with him when he went to Charlotte up until his death. I am sure I gave him advice as it related to Rivals recruiting but I'd love to hear from rifle what I did that was inappropriate because I genuinely don't know. I also remain friends with Phil's replacement. Am I going to be accused of helping with recruiting at Georgia now that he's their TE coach (sarcasm)?

Shame on me. Again, it's been ten years, but I think I did confirm or share Duck Eggs/Walden Ponds name and/or e-mail with rifle. At the time, Duck Eggs was destroying our paid site by registering handle after handle and spamming every post made. So yeah, I can't recall the details but I am sure I did do something desperate and stupid by sharing information with rifle.

I gave my opinion and perspective on the banker situation. It hasn't changed but I also think the topic has run its course. In an effort to call me a liar, rifle will obsess over how I used the term "confronted" while completely overlooking that I said in another thread that I couldn't recall exactly how things started in Ohio. Maybe banker did say something to me first. Sh*t, I don't remember and truthfully, I don't even care a little bit.

Side Note: Ironically one of the guys with me in the stands at Ohio, who was po'd and ready to fight banker himself, is/was a great friend of goherd13 and a member of CrossFit Thunder. He and I remained friends even after we left CFT.

Lastly, some folks love me and some folks don't. When you make tough decisions, you have to accept that sometimes, you will upset others. On the other hand, the friends I've made or that remained after the tough decisions are the quality type of folks I want in my life. CrossFit is a perfect example. I lost one real friend that mattered to me, but I made many, many more.

I have a job too but, today I seemed to play golf and post on here 6 or 7 times. Damn, I am a hell of a multi tasker. It is all about setting priorities. Staying focussed.

I have a job too but, today I seemed to play golf and post on here 6 or 7 times. Damn, I am a hell of a multi tasker. It is all about setting priorities. Staying focussed.
I was gonna join a crossfit gym before I read this thread. Dodged a bullet. Being an antisocial lifter will never put me at risk to getting into fights in the pisser.

• Haha
Reactions: mlblack16.
Shame on me. Again, it's been ten years, but I think I did confirm or share Duck Eggs/Walden Ponds name and/or e-mail with rifle. At the time, Duck Eggs was destroying our paid site by registering handle after handle and spamming every post made. So yeah, I can't recall the details but I am sure I did do something desperate and stupid by sharing information with rifle.
I am pretty sure it was another poster (MarshallJeff or something like that) that doxed him, he obtained his information by the $10 cheque Ducky sent him to cover a lost bet. Did the old site have paid section? Even if it did, Ducky was way too cheap to pay for multiple subscriptions.

I am pretty sure it was another poster (MarshallJeff or something like that) that doxed him, he obtained his information by the $10 cheque Ducky sent him to cover a lost bet. Did the old site have paid section? Even if it did, Ducky was way too cheap to pay for multiple subscriptions.
Maybe. Could have been on the old site. I can’t recall. I do kinda remember sharing his info with rifle, though. I don’t want to act like I didn’t.

I don’t know, acting like you didn’t seems to be your M.O. about certain things.

Say what you have to say. What didn’t I do that you are apparently claiming I did?
Rifle should be along shortly to dismantle that sentence. It should be “what did I do that I’m claiming I didn’t “.

Let’s take this one - the time the school did a fundraiser to hire a group to do an AD search (which ended with hiring Hamrick).

You posted on here that you were collecting the donations and we’re going to take them down as a group to show how much Herdnation supported the campaign. You said people could drop them off at your broker buddies office (Brian was his name I believe). So I think fine, wrote out a check for $500 and dropped by his office. He didn’t want to take a check made out to the Big Green, asked if I could give him cash instead.

That was just sketchy on the surface so I asked why. Seems you two had cooked up a plan to put all the donations in his bank account and have him write a single check to the Big Green supposedly because his firm would match his charitable donation. I refused to be a part of that scam and just took my check down myself.

First, that is just a blatant plan to defraud his company. Second, it was a glory seeking move by the two of you. You wanted to walk in there with a $10,000 check like you were giving the money. Third, it would have allowed you guys to pocket the priority points on donations that weren’t your money.

Just like the example of you lying to steal clients from another CrossFit operation, this is just another example of you living your life void of ethics.

I am in no rush to defend anything. I'll get there when I get there.
Uh huh. Sure.

Plus, I don't know about y'all but d*mn I have a job!
We know, paperboy. You sent your W2 to Ducky to show him your earnings.

Rifle is like pro wrestling. It's entertaining but we all know it's fake.
What do I claim that is fake, Benedict? My persona on here is fake, but my claims are real. Your persona is real, but your claims are fake.

He's desperate for it. He's always desperate for it.

Putting your words in bold doesn't help your case. It just shows that you're the desperate one trying to change this to being about me and taking the heat off of you for being a shitty, ethically bankrupt, liar.

It sure as h*ll wasn't for the money,

It wasn't about the money, but you were trying to get financials from him and use money to entice him. Uh huh.

I have zero clue what rifle is talking about when he claims that I collected money and donated it in my own name for priority points.

Strange that Banker knows the same exact thing, and I know it from people other than him. I bet it's yet another big lie about you, huh, paperboy?

Yes, I was great friends with Phil Ratliff and I maintained a friendship with him when he went to Charlotte up until his death.
Your constant claim of this is weird. For a decade, you have continued boasting about how close you are/were to coaches. The feeling isn't reciprocated. Promise.

I am sure I gave him advice as it related to Rivals recruiting but I'd love to hear from rifle what I did that was inappropriate because I genuinely don't know.
You claimed to help "organize" recruiting for Charlotte and provide Charlotte with information about recruits. At the same time, you were using your affiliation with this website to present yourself as a Marshall fan to Marshall coaches while taking information from them about recruits.
What do you think Marshall coaches at that time would have done had you told them that you were helping Charlotte with "organizing" their recruiting and giving them info about recruits?

Lastly, some folks love me and some folks don't. When you make tough decisions, you have to accept that sometimes, you will upset others. On the other hand, the friends I've made or that remained after the tough decisions are the quality type of folks I want in my life. CrossFit is a perfect example. I lost one real friend that mattered to me, but I made many, many more.
The arrogance and illegitimate sense of self-importance you have is comical. "When you make tough decisions"? You, with other people, opened a fvcking CrossFit gym in West Virginia. That isn't a "tough decision." Some folks love you and some don't? You continue trying to make it sound like you're some big business, regional celebrity, who draws attention. No. If you're a piece of shit to people, people will remember that, regardless if you are a Fortune 500 CEO or a paperboy.

I gave my opinion and perspective on the banker situation. It hasn't changed but I also think the topic has run its course. In an effort to call me a liar, rifle will obsess over how I used the term "confronted" while completely overlooking that I said in another thread that I couldn't recall exactly how things started in Ohio. Maybe banker did say something to me first. Sh*t, I don't remember and truthfully, I don't even care a little bit.
Remember when you made this video and sent it to Banker in between fight #1 and fight #2?

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT