ADVERTISEMENT

Russian ambassador told Moscow that Kushner wanted secret communications channel with Kremlin

dherd

Platinum Buffalo
Feb 23, 2007
Jared Kushner and Russia’s ambassador to Washington discussed the possibility of setting up a secret and secure communications channel between Trump’s transition team and the Kremlin, using Russian diplomatic facilities in an apparent move to shield their pre-inauguration discussions from monitoring, according to U.S. officials briefed on intelligence reports.

The meeting also was attended by Michael Flynn, Trump’s first national security adviser.

The White House disclosed the fact of the meeting only in March, playing down its significance. But people familiar with the matter say the FBI now considers the encounter, as well as another meeting Kushner had with a Russian banker, to be of investigative interest.

For instance, according to those officials and the letter, Kushner conveyed to the Russians that he was aware that it would be politically sensitive to meet publicly, but it was necessary for the Trump team to be able to continue their communication with Russian government officials.

In addition to their discussion about setting up the communications channel, Kushner, Flynn and Kislyak also talked about arranging a meeting between a representative of Trump and a “Russian contact” in a third country whose name was not identified, according to the anonymous letter.

The Post reported in April that Erik Prince, the former founder of the private security firm Blackwater and an informal adviser to the Trump transition team, met on Jan. 11 — nine days before Trump’s inauguration — in the Seychelles islands in the Indian Ocean with a representative of Russian President Vladimir Putin.

https://www.washingtonpost.com/worl...r-705pm:homepage/story&utm_term=.654a04ff37a2

I wonder if the Clinton Foundation's ties to Russian oligarchs (who gave her millions) and the uranium they purchased was of 'investigative interest?'

But no, liberals would rather focus on a made-up conspiracy that was started out of thin air by those very same Clintons.

Reactions: ThunderCat98
I wonder if the Clinton Foundation's ties to Russian oligarchs (who gave her millions) and the uranium they purchased was of 'investigative interest?'

But no, liberals would rather focus on a made-up conspiracy that was started out of thin air by those very same Clintons.
Yep keep defending the administration this is some serious shit. Get your head out of your ass.

Reactions: NutcaseConservative
I love all these accusations from unknown sources (probably Russian espionage itself). I wish more of these propaganda peddlers would be smashed. I'll just wait for the FBI investigation final review. Dherd and all his aliases will go into hiding for another 6 months afterwards.

Why do you think the FBI and mueller need to share the details of their investigation right now. Confidential other than the leaks coming out of the administration.

Jared Kushner and Russia’s ambassador to Washington discussed the possibility of setting up a secret and secure communications channel between Trump’s transition team and the Kremlin, using Russian diplomatic facilities in an apparent move to shield their pre-inauguration discussions from monitoring, according to U.S. officials briefed on intelligence reports.

The meeting also was attended by Michael Flynn, Trump’s first national security adviser.

The White House disclosed the fact of the meeting only in March, playing down its significance. But people familiar with the matter say the FBI now considers the encounter, as well as another meeting Kushner had with a Russian banker, to be of investigative interest.

For instance, according to those officials and the letter, Kushner conveyed to the Russians that he was aware that it would be politically sensitive to meet publicly, but it was necessary for the Trump team to be able to continue their communication with Russian government officials.

In addition to their discussion about setting up the communications channel, Kushner, Flynn and Kislyak also talked about arranging a meeting between a representative of Trump and a “Russian contact” in a third country whose name was not identified, according to the anonymous letter.

The Post reported in April that Erik Prince, the former founder of the private security firm Blackwater and an informal adviser to the Trump transition team, met on Jan. 11 — nine days before Trump’s inauguration — in the Seychelles islands in the Indian Ocean with a representative of Russian President Vladimir Putin.

https://www.washingtonpost.com/world/national-security/russian-ambassador-told-moscow-that-kushner-wanted-secret-communications-channel-with-kremlin/2017/05/26/520a14b4-422d-11e7-9869-bac8b446820a_story.html?hpid=hp_hp-banner-main_kushner-705pm:homepage/story&utm_term=.654a04ff37a2
Washington Post LOL LOL LOL LOL LOL

Ambassador Sergey Kislyak reported to his superiors in Moscow that Kushner, son-in-law and confidant to then-President-elect Trump, made the proposal during a meeting on Dec. 1 or 2 at Trump Tower, according to intercepts of Russian communications that were reviewed by U.S. officials.

Ambassador Sergey Kislyak reported to his superiors in Moscow that Kushner, son-in-law and confidant to then-President-elect Trump, made the proposal during a meeting on Dec. 1 or 2 at Trump Tower, according to intercepts of Russian communications that were reviewed by U.S. officials.
So now this leak exposed that we are intercepting the Russian ambassador. That's always good. And you miss my point. If the Russians were shelling out fake news during the campaign whose to say this is real?

It's not a leak that the u s monitors Russian communications. It is KNOWN that the Russians were helping Cheetos, it doesn't make sense that they turn around and lie to their own country that kushner wants to set up a private channel of communication with them.

That's the point extra the Russians absolutely know they are being listened in on. What better way to spread dis information than through channels you can act as though you believe are secured. Give the Russians some credit. If they want to keep a secret they are pretty good at it.

So you're suggesting that the russians actively helped cheetos get elected, and now they're actively attempting to discredit the guy they helped get elected. It is KNOWN the russians helped trump, there is no evidence I'm aware of that they have attempted to undermine him. Like I said, it wouldn't make sense.

So you're suggesting that the russians actively helped cheetos get elected, and now they're actively attempting to discredit the guy they helped get elected. It is KNOWN the russians helped trump, there is no evidence I'm aware of that they have attempted to undermine him. Like I said, it wouldn't make sense.
How many votes were changed because of the Russians?
Their actual goal was to erode trust in the us govt. which they have done

That's the point extra the Russians absolutely know they are being listened in on. What better way to spread dis information than through channels you can act as though you believe are secured. Give the Russians some credit. If they want to keep a secret they are pretty good at it.

I would not be shocked if Putin figured the American President can shut down any investigation within the executive branch. He really should know better, but I guess after a while one might begin to think all leaders can do what you do.

But let's suppose you are correct. That's even more concerning than selling out to the Russians. Instead of calculating treasonists, they were all played for fools. What dumbasses.

Reactions: NutcaseConservative
Why not? If your goal is to disrupt, confuse, anger and create doubt in our political system.

The conspiracy group out in full force. Intelligent fellows or should I say intelligence masters? Try tossing a quarter in a wishing well.

Keep us updated!

LMAO

comrade-trump-make-russia-great-again.jpg

To say our media isn't complicit in this is naive. The leaks in our govt and the medias drive for ratings and bias are overwhelming any efforts by either of our parties to accomplish anything. Trump plays his part but it's the overall system that is broken right now and the media is the ones either being played or are playing the nation.

If only Reagan hadn't told Gorby to tear down that wall none of this would have happened! LMAO Libs crack me up

To say our media isn't complicit in this is naive. The leaks in our govt and the medias drive for ratings and bias are overwhelming any efforts by either of our parties to accomplish anything. Trump plays his part but it's the overall system that is broken right now and the media is the ones either being played or are playing the nation.

Ratings, bias, whatever, leaks are what makes it possible for the press to be a watchdog. Hugo Black was absolutely correct: " The press was to serve the governed, not the governors. The Government's power to censor the press was abolished so that the press would remain forever free to censure the Government. The press was protected so that it could bare the secrets of government and inform the people. Only a free and unrestrained press can effectively expose deception in government."

And IMHO nothing leaked so far goes against the prior restraint exceptions in Near v. Minnesota.

Trump is a fvckup. A deceptive, lying, fvckup. It's on him.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT