ADVERTISEMENT

Russian escalation

Man, I really do hate our foreign policy a lot of the time, but it makes me feel a tiny bit better to see the unhinged maniacs running other countries and what they believe, or at least say.
Putin has been very clear for a long time what he’s going to do. When these despots speak we need to listen and take them at their word

That pipeline being blown up was a sophisticated operation. Very sophisticated

Narrows down who could have done it undetected

The pipe was less than 300 feet down. It’s not rocket science to get down that deep
To blow that thick pipeline up and do it undected is very sophisticated. Very.

With no trace on imagery, sonar, hydro detection equipment that first world militaries have and no tracing back is hugely sophisticated.

Narrows it down to a few entities that could pull it off. Absolutely.

To blow that thick pipeline up and do it undected is very sophisticated. Very.

With no trace on imagery, sonar, hydro detection equipment that first world militaries have and no tracing back is hugely sophisticated.

Narrows it down to a few entities that could pull it off. Absolutely.
I can go on Amazon right now buy an underwater drone that can go deep enough. I don’t think it would take a rocket scientist to come up with an explosive that could put a hole in the pipe. I’m not saying it’s not a first world power. I’m just saying it wouldn’t be hard for a county like North Korea to pull it off either. And I’m not sugggestinf they did it

FugginJoey_jpeg-2546230.JPG

I can go on Amazon right now buy an underwater drone that can go deep enough. I don’t think it would take a rocket scientist to come up with an explosive that could put a hole in the pipe. I’m not saying it’s not a first world power. I’m just saying it wouldn’t be hard for a county like North Korea to pull it off either. And I’m not sugggestinf they did it
Yoy can't blow pipeline up at 300 ft using that ans what you just said..doesn't work that way. This was hugely sophisticated

Ther are probably a handful of nations and entities that could have pulled this off. Undetected is the key word here.

I’m fairly certain a team of a half dozen engineering grad students could’ve pulled off the attack. Long, basically unprotected target, not really that far down? You don’t even need to drop it where the boom happened, you could get it anywhere on the line and have it follow it to wherever you wanted.

The tricky part is now, because they’ll be able to figure out what explosive was used. They’ll also be able to recover at least some debris from the delivery vessel. That’s gonna narrow it down a lot, though those reports may never see the light of day.

I’m fairly certain a team of a half dozen engineering grad students could’ve pulled off the attack. Long, basically unprotected target, not really that far down? You don’t even need to drop it where the boom happened, you could get it anywhere on the line and have it follow it to wherever you wanted.

The tricky part is now, because they’ll be able to figure out what explosive was used. They’ll also be able to recover at least some debris from the delivery vessel. That’s gonna narrow it down a lot, though those reports may never see the light of day.
Exactly. It’s not like hitting an asteroid with a refrigerator.

You guys are full of it. First of all. You have to get in there undetected. Then you have to have the right explosives to cut through the pipeline in 300 ft of saltwater. You need dual systems for your chain of underwater explosives implemented while diving or your placement method.

Now pay attention to me. Undetected and then you have to get out undetected. We have satellites, sonar, sophisticated equipment.

Undetected. Paying attention yet. Plus it is not like that pipeline is like some pvc you pick up at home depot.

You also have to have the.data of whee the pipeline is. Currents. Hydrographic data of the sea floor there. Tidal info..weather analysis. All.konds of crap to make it work undetected.

Not just anybody is pulling this shit off. This is high level Tier 1 shit. High level sophistication ot to mention you might trigger ww3 and you have to cover your tracks. This is as elite as you get.

No one has to deliver the load, it can be part of the drone. Nothing to get out. The right explosive and shape of the charge is probably the easiest part of the whole thing. The exact specifications of the piping are just sitting there on Wikipedia. A sufficiently overpowered drone and things like currents don’t matter too much, but that’s not hard information to get either.

Now as you alluded to the truly hard part is not getting caught. And that will indeed be a hard thing to pull off. Time will tell if they managed that.

It may well be a state actor, but I think you all are (surprisingly) discounting eco-terrorism too much on the list of possibilities

Regardless of the cause of the break, the saddest thing is that in times of desperate energy need, thousands of cubic yards of gas is bubbling away into the atmosphere.

Regardless of the cause of the break, the saddest thing is that in times of desperate energy need, thousands of cubic yards of gas is bubbling away into the atmosphere.
650 million cubic yards. Which works out to, if my back of the envelope calculations are right, about 20% of what the US uses in a day. Which is a lot.

Reactions: greengeezer
No one has to deliver the load, it can be part of the drone. Nothing to get out. The right explosive and shape of the charge is probably the easiest part of the whole thing. The exact specifications of the piping are just sitting there on Wikipedia. A sufficiently overpowered drone and things like currents don’t matter too much, but that’s not hard information to get either.

Now as you alluded to the truly hard part is not getting caught. And that will indeed be a hard thing to pull off. Time will tell if they managed that.

It may well be a state actor, but I think you all are (surprisingly) discounting eco-terrorism too much on the list of possibilities
Nope . Not that easy. The explosives wouldn't work that way and you have to have a drone sub thar could carry thr payload correctly. Oh and someone has to be close enough to control the drone. Radio range only works so far. So then you are talking a surface vessel which is detectable or a submarine controlling which narrows down who could do it. Which is what I am saying. It is not just about making a depth charge you have to cut through that pipeline casing.

This was highly planned and sophisticated.

Nope . Not that easy. The explosives wouldn't work that way and you have to have a drone sub thar could carry thr payload correctly. Oh and someone has to be close enough to control the drone. Radio range only works so far. So then you are talking a surface vessel which is detectable or a submarine controlling which narrows down who could do it. Which is what I am saying. It is not just about making a depth charge you have to cut through that pipeline casing.

This was highly planned and sophisticated.
you’re assuming the explosive was put there and then exploded soon after. I don’t know if you’re aware or not but we have these things called timers that can be set to go off. I’m sure if there are explosives that can destroy tanks then there are explosives that can destroy a pipe

It’s debatable that it would even need piloted directly. Someone who isn’t that worried about a potential failure might think it will get by fine with an autopilot. Wave a piece of pipe in front of it and say here boy, go find that giant honking pipe underwater.

It’s debatable that it would even need piloted directly. Someone who isn’t that worried about a potential failure might think it will get by fine with an autopilot. Wave a piece of pipe in front of it and say here boy, go find that giant honking pipe underwater.
Someone still has to control it from somewhere. Have the proper and adequate guidance and deliveryt system and correct explosives.

Not easy at all for what they did. Most articles clearly and logically written even in the press and many experts say this was not easy and was likely a nation state or some well funded organization that did it.

Someone still has to control it from somewhere. Have the proper and adequate guidance and deliveryt system and correct explosives.

Not easy at all for what they did. Most articles clearly and logically written even in the press and many experts say this was not easy and was likely a nation state or some well funded organization that did it.
No one is saying it wasn’t a nation state or well funded organization. You’re the one making it to be landing on the moon with nothing but a slide rule blindfolded.

No one is saying it wasn’t a nation state or well funded organization. You’re the one making it to be landing on the moon with nothing but a slide rule blindfolded.
Because it is harder that what you think it is.

Once again not saying it’s easy but it’s not as hard as you’re making it out to be
Have you worked with explosives? Have you worked with underwater explosives? Many experts agree with me. Not easy.

Last edited:
In this thread Herdman appeals to the experts and mainstream media to blame the US for a war crime while HerdandHokies blames eco terrorists and makes broad assumptions from barely related experience.

Just messing with you, haha

Speaking of Russia & technology - the WSJ is reporting Russia is now using Iranian drones to make big strikes in Ukraine.

In this thread Herdman appeals to the experts and mainstream media to blame the US for a war crime while HerdandHokies blames eco terrorists and makes broad assumptions from barely related experience.

Just messing with you, haha
I didn't say we did it. I said maybe it was us. I think it was a well funded, well trained, well organized operation. Somebody that knew what they were doing pulled this off.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT