ADVERTISEMENT

Say goodbye to your retirement accounts

MichiganHerd

Platinum Buffalo
Aug 17, 2011
Brewpub w/coeds
You knew this day would arrive under this weirdo mush administration.

Hope the ones that voted for this experiment get hit the hardest. Of course, most of them don't work, so a retirement account is something they're unfamiliar with.

It's only going to get worse.

Start going after people's retirmenent and we have a real problem. I worked my ass off for that. I am not willing to to give it up easily.

Reactions: 19MU88 and Jartard
You knew this day would arrive under this weirdo mush administration.

Hope the ones that voted for this experiment get hit the hardest. Of course, most of them don't work, so a retirement account is something they're unfamiliar with.

It's only going to get worse.
What are you even talking about?

Reactions: Raoul Duke MU
I didn’t know if you were just complaining about fluctuations in the stock market or if there were actual structural changes being made/proposed to retirement accounts you were talking about. Mines taken a hit but “luckily” I’m 30+ years from retirement so

I didn’t know if you were just complaining about fluctuations in the stock market or if there were actual structural changes being made/proposed to retirement accounts you were talking about. Mines taken a hit but “luckily” I’m 30+ years from retirement so
I've lost almost $60,000 in the last few days, and looks like I'll be adding to that amount this week.

If I were smart, I would pull the remainder out, buy a house in Randolph County, and get on a 3 month drunk until the money ran out (or I drop dead). Work for 45 years, and a moron named mush-brains comes into office, and totally wrecks the country. Only took him 15 months though, so he's pretty good at what he has a history of doing best, and that's being wrong on EVERYTHING.

To think, guys like greed (and others) voted for this mess. 81,000,000 votes my ass.

Mush and his admin are killing our damn 401k's. That is what he is saying. I was hoping to retire early, but not with these clowns in office. Probably will get worse.

One of these days, the Dems will try to tax it worse than they do now. Call you rich for working your whole life so they can give our damn retirement away.

you all voted for this shit. I am taking a hit daily because of this clown in DC.

It's tough because there's literally no where good to put your money right now.
Equities suck, bonds (used to have some level of "risk mitigation" away from equities) are taking a beating, holding cash just is awful due to inflation.

I maxed out my i-bond capablities and that and my real estate (for now) is the only thing worth a damn right now.

Reactions: marshallisqbu
How much net gain have Snot and Snotlickers investments gained since Jan 20, 2021?
In the red, just like most people. As Doc Fungus said, your money buried out in the backyard is taking a hit as well, due to unseen inflation numbers. Probably should take out the shovel, and go spend it on some livestock.

Equities suck, bonds (used to have some level of "risk mitigation" away from equities) are taking a beating, holding cash just is awful due to inflation.

I maxed out my i-bond capablities and that and my real estate (for now) is the only thing worth a damn right now.
When you're dependent on govt handouts and getting a weekly allowance from your ex like Greed, you just dont understand things like this. Besides, you're a Doc. A little less profit to you makes miserable bastards like him feel better. ;)

When you're dependent on govt handouts and getting a weekly allowance from your ex like Greed, you just dont understand things like this. Besides, you're a Doc. A little less profit to you makes miserable bastards like him feel better. ;)
You're a lying idiot. You can't stop being a lying idiot.

I took on as much debt as possible, locked it in at low interest rates, and will watch 20% inflation erase the debt over the next decade.

I took on as much debt as possible, locked it in at low interest rates, and will watch 20% inflation erase the debt over the next decade.
The politicans in DC are going to keep spending and spending and pumping money into the system. If they don't stop we will be at 15% inflation.

The politicans in DC are going to keep spending and spending and pumping money into the system. If they don't stop we will be at 15% inflation.
We’re already past 15% inflation. Current numbers are rigged. Using 1980 CPI, inflation is over 15%.

• Angry
Reactions: ThunderCat98
We’re already past 15% inflation. Current numbers are rigged. Using 1980 CPI, inflation is over 15%.

That makes sense. It has to be higher that what they are saying.
Cool. So let's use those numbers and immediately increase the minimum wage to $15/hour and have the government pay social security recipients the back pay they are owed since 1980.

This is probably the best play. I'm just very debt averse by nature, so I didn't go this way. The "personal" part of personal financial planning if you will.

My regret is I was looking at a little gentleman farm/farmhouse on the river, but was a couple of hours from my house. Had a chance to get it at very low interest rates but I didn't.

Another bad day on Wall Street, thanks to mush.

Progressive policies are taking away your retirement money.

To think, greed (and others) support this way of life. Pure 100% Bull Shit.

I just built the biggest most expensive house I could think of in 2020 and even with increased costs from building costs I figure at 3.00 % it will be worth it long haul. Other than that I’m just paying off the rest of student loans and non deductible loans after I max out my sep ira.

I just built the biggest most expensive house I could think of in 2020 and even with increased costs from building costs I figure at 3.00 % it will be worth it long haul. Other than that I’m just paying off the rest of student loans and non deductible loans after I max out my sep ira.
Pics or it does not exist.

• Haha
Reactions: marshallisqbu
Are you a Dave Ramsey fan?
I think he better good than bad for people early into personal finance but some times I think he’s wrong.

he has unrealistic mutual fund return expectations. I also think he doesn’t hit the mark on some things ( medical school debt, down payment on house, etc)

i haven’t listened in many years though , maybe a decade.

I think on bogle heads, Reddit personal finance, and white coat investor message boards you can get better advice.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT