ADVERTISEMENT

Siap Morgan zerkle HC softball

Status
Not open for further replies.
Your kind are the kind I despise. You're gonna actively hope the AD fails, being a complete dumbf**k in the process because if the AD fails, MU fails.

I wasn't a fan of how Doc was let go but I'm not gonna let it get in the way of hoping MU does well, and that would include the AD.

I, along with the other adults, find this hire to be excellent and won't complain or point fingers at who did the hiring process...because in the end, it doesn't matter.
MU is in a good position to win with what has happened.

If you can't see that, please, continue to eat at the kiddie table.
Or...
Stop both, b*tching and being a b*tch, and grow the hell up.
not really Marshall will continue on regardless of who is at the top of the AD, especially if Brad Smith is still around.
I hope Morgan has lots of success.
That said, if the Athletic Director wasnt such a DB (read douche bag), maybe we wouldnt have been looking for a new coach.
Megan Smith Lyon had reached out privately to people close to situation to express her frustration that her AD never bothered to come any of her games, especially the SBC tournament games . From this she could see the writing on the wall relative to the support of an AD that did not hire her.
Now I know it would be hard to turn down UNC, where she went, plus an increase in salary etc. But she expressed that she liked it here. If she had more support she may have stayed. If they had done for her what they had done for Grassie, that is given her a pay raise, maybe she stays. Lets face it, right now in the spring she is the only game in town. She may have liked that, you know people coming to the games etc. AT UNC she will be almost an after thought behind their baseball and lacrosse programs. But we will never know because somebody didnt do their job.

Again, I believe our leadership , institution wide is NOW outstanding. Recent decisions have, imo, been in keeping with all of our principles and goals. The future looks bright. Views of the baseball field and the new scoreboard are generally overwhelming. Go Herd..

not really Marshall will continue on regardless of who is at the top of the AD, especially if Brad Smith is still around.
I hope Morgan has lots of success.
That said, if the Athletic Director wasnt such a DB (read douche bag), maybe we wouldnt have been looking for a new coach.
Megan Smith Lyon had reached out privately to people close to situation to express her frustration that her AD never bothered to come any of her games, especially the SBC tournament games . From this she could see the writing on the wall relative to the support of an AD that did not hire her.
Now I know it would be hard to turn down UNC, where she went, plus an increase in salary etc. But she expressed that she liked it here. If she had more support she may have stayed. If they had done for her what they had done for Grassie, that is given her a pay raise, maybe she stays. Lets face it, right now in the spring she is the only game in town. She may have liked that, you know people coming to the games etc. AT UNC she will be almost an after thought behind their baseball and lacrosse programs. But we will never know because somebody didnt do their job.
Sluggo - I think you finally hit the nail on the head, but probably not in the way you intended.
Bringing Grassie in as a comparison:
OK, did she win the Natty this season? Ahhh, no. Well then, did she go deep into the NCAA’s? Uhhh, actually she didn’t even win the conference. Whaaaat?
And of course, the large increase in salary occurred AFTER we won the hardware in soccer.
And then, you stuck a fork into yourself with the following:
“At (sic!) 😂 UNC she will be almost an after thought behind their baseball and lacrosse programs.”
In other words, their AD prob won’t even come to her games!!
Think about that……

If she had more support she may have stayed. If they had done for her what they had done for Grassie, that is given her a pay raise, maybe she stays.
Grassie also won a national championship. Literally won the best college soccer program in the country. He deserved and earned what he got.

But we will never know because somebody didnt do their job.

She was working on building the program but also wasn’t able to close when it was the most important moments. We couldn’t do it last year or when Morgan played… so what makes you think it would have happened next year.

Now we get a fresh set of eyes, blood, style, from an individual who has played at literally every level…is local…and coaching experience. It’s a win win.

Spears and Smith know what they’re doing. I have faith in our leadership, now…more than ever.

Reactions: W-S HerdFan
Sluggo - I think you finally hit the nail on the head, but probably not in the way you intended.
Bringing Grassie in as a comparison:
OK, did she win the Natty this season? Ahhh, no. Well then, did she go deep into the NCAA’s? Uhhh, actually she didn’t even win the conference. Whaaaat?
And of course, the large increase in salary occurred AFTER we won the hardware in soccer.
And then, you stuck a fork into yourself with the following:
“At (sic!) 😂 UNC she will be almost an after thought behind their baseball and lacrosse programs.”
In other words, their AD prob won’t even come to her games!!
Think about that……
Iirc he salary went from 100k to like 400k. If we had taken her from $100k to like say $175k she might have stayed. But when she saw 0 support from the AD why stick around??
Btw paying the soccer coach $400k is just irresponsible, imo as mentioned who really cares?

Iirc he salary went from 100k to like 400k. If we had taken her from $100k to like say $175k she might have stayed. But when she saw 0 support from the AD why stick around??
Btw paying the soccer coach $400k is just irresponsible, imo as mentioned who really cares?
I think: giving you the last word is important.
Let’s agree to disagree & rally around Morgan!!

Reactions: herd66
$75k salary increase wasn’t keeping her here, when her alma mater was offering her double that, and giving her a P5 job.
Sorry your shaded view of AD Spears doesn’t let you see that clearly.
BTW, I’m not sure how many games our AD attended but I know at least a couple because I only went to 2 and he was there at those….and neither was the Alabama game, so I’m sure of st least 3.

$75k salary increase wasn’t keeping her here, when her alma mater was offering her double that, and giving her a P5 job.
Sorry your shaded view of AD Spears doesn’t let you see that clearly.
BTW, I’m not sure how many games our AD attended but I know at least a couple because I only went to 2 and he was there at those….and neither was the Alabama game, so I’m sure of st least 3.
You don’t know that. We never offered that

At this point, I'm as into the soccer program as anything and will throw more financial support soccers way than the big 2

Reactions: Raoul Duke MU
I realize it is the off-season (the NCAA year officially ended last night, congrats to LSU baseball) and football practice isn't until August, but 42 posts on SOFTBALL???????

Softball?????

I hope MU softball does well, in the same sense that I hope everything associated with MU does well, but I don't care. You don't care. No one cares.
Well, we could talk about the baseball stadium, but I doubt you’d want to join that conversation. Those damn permits . . .

Last edited by a moderator:
  • Haha
Reactions: Jartard
Status
Not open for further replies.
ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT