ADVERTISEMENT

Since this site loves...(Brown to WVU)

Mar 21, 2018
to argue about WVU more than Marshall, just thought you would like to know Neal Brown is signing his deal today and will be the next head coach. Not that it really matters here... at least that's what I thought until I read some of the posts.

to argue about WVU more than Marshall, just thought you would like to know Neal Brown is signing his deal today and will be the next head coach. Not that it really matters here... at least that's what I thought until I read some of the posts.
Brown is a good coach. That's not a homerun hire, though. Especially when you consider it against OU hiring Riley and UT hiring Herman.

It will be interesting to see how he recruits at WVU. Heard he took a bunch of NQs at Troy.

Reactions: marshall_U
Brown is a good coach. That's not a homerun hire, though. Especially when you consider it against OU hiring Riley and UT hiring Herman.

It will be interesting to see how he recruits at WVU. Heard he took a bunch of NQs at Troy.

Yeah, Troy may be the only school in the country that takes more NQ's than us. Obviously, it's paid off for them and Brown.
Agree, be interesting to see how he recruits for WVU.

So...

Fans at wvu claim Doc is only successful with NQ's.

They then hire a coach who was successful with NQ's and took, possibly, more than Doc.

Makes sense for that idiot fanbase.

Reactions: Clarence Woodworth
So...

They then hire a coach who was successful with NQ's and took, possibly, more than Doc.

You are talking about the program that claimed certain athletes qualified academically, like this guy...

Reactions: pdbailey and 19MU88
So...

Well, since WVU does not take NQ's, we will see how that works without them. Troy takes the kids that otherwise would never see the field at Auburn or Bama.

I think it's a pretty good hire considering the other offseason moves. There were some pretty shotty moves in my opinion. I think WVU was hoping Satterfield was going to be the guy but obviously that wasn't happening with timeframe.

Neal & Bob Brown to Kansas State: "Please take me!"
Kansas State: "Nah, we are going to take an FCS coach instead of you."

Neal & Bob Brown to Louisville: "Pleeeeeeease take me!"
Louisville: "Nah, we are going to take another coach from your conference who has won the Sun Belt the last three years in a row, something you haven't done."

Neal & Bob Brown to wvu: "Pretty pleeeeeease take me!"
wvu: "Promise you won't ditch us for a G5 program? Sign here."

Reactions: CarolinaZilla69

Louisville: "Nah, we are going to take another coach from your conference who has won the Sun Belt the last three years in a row, something you haven't done."

Thank goodness... I was hoping for an expert opinion ‍♂️‍♂️

Reactions: dangerousdaneerfan
@Y.A.G Si Ye Nots what is your impression of Neal Brown? Will he live up to the Ears' expectations?

I would like to comment, but Puny Dick Bailey may cry about it being an attack on wvu, Neal Brown, or anyone else whose ears are too sensitive to be criticized.

Then, he will demand that I don't call him names even though he has done it repeatedly on here in the past. Right after demanding that, he will then show just how bright and hypocritical he is by calling me names.

To top it off, he will then pull both a Gary'S weeney and Fakin' Jamaican and challenge me to come visit him so he can prove that he isn't a bitch (while also using the incorrect "later" instead of the correct "latter"). Of course, there is nothing he needs to do to prove or disprove that he is a bitch. He already proved it in the deleted thread. He will avoid the fact that his crying about my post was admitted by the recipient of it to not have been any type of attack, making him look even dumber.

Finally, he will claim that I have some sort of romantic relationship with the moderators which prohibits them from banning me, but does allow them to show me his deleted posts that resulted in this response.

So I'd love to comment on the hire, but as you can see, it just isn't worth it.

I would like to comment, but Puny Dick Bailey may cry about it being an attack on wvu, Neal Brown, or anyone else whose ears are too sensitive to be criticized.

Then, he will demand that I don't call him names even though he has done it repeatedly on here in the past. Right after demanding that, he will then show just how bright and hypocritical he is by calling me names.

To top it off, he will then pull both a Gary'S weeney and Fakin' Jamaican and challenge me to come visit him so he can prove that he isn't a bitch (while also using the incorrect "later" instead of the correct "latter"). Of course, there is nothing he needs to do to prove or disprove that he is a bitch. He already proved it in the deleted thread. He will avoid the fact that his crying about my post was admitted by the recipient of it to not have been any type of attack, making him look even dumber.

Finally, he will claim that I have some sort of romantic relationship with the moderators which prohibits them from banning me, but does allow them to show me his deleted posts that resulted in this response.

So I'd love to comment on the hire, but as you can see, it just isn't worth it.

not even a comment or two regarding the validity of claims that Brown was successful only because he accepted a large number of props?

Reactions: 19MU88

No "klansmanbill" quip rifle?

No "klansmanbill" quip rifle?

Why would I? You guys already killed him off. Congratulations?

not even a comment or two regarding the validity of claims that Brown was successful only because he accepted a large number of props?

wvu should have just gone after Doc.

Doc and Brown lead the country in taking non-qualifiers. Doc and Brown both had some of the best facilities in their conference. The difference? Doc has actually won his conference championship outright. Brown never has.

I never said NQs were the sole reason he was successful at Troy. He's a good head coach with a couple of solid stints as an OC before he took the head gig at Troy. But facts are facts: he took a bunch of NQs at Troy and won't be allowed to do that at WVU.

I point that out because Herman and Riley are recruiting well and appear to be excellent coaches. Stoops did both at OU (although Riley is a better recruiter) while Strong recruited well but couldn't coach for shit.

Just in 2019 alone they have 24 4 stars and 3 5 stars (all at OU) between them.

In 2018 the schools combined for 32 4 stars and 2 5 stars.

In 2020 OU and UT have a combined 10 recruits committed - 9 of which are 4 stars.

I just don't think WVU is going to be able to compete for conference championships any longer (recruiting at their current level) now that those two schools appear to have hit homeruns at the HC position and are maximizing their potential.

I never said NQs were the sole reason he was successful at Troy. He's a good head coach with a couple of solid stints as an OC before he took the head gig at Troy. But facts are facts: he took a bunch of NQs at Troy and won't be allowed to do that at WVU.

I point that out because Herman and Riley are recruiting well and appear to be excellent coaches. Stoops did both at OU (although Riley is a better recruiter) while Strong recruited well but couldn't coach for shit.

In 2020 OU and UT have a combined 10 recruits committed - 9 of which are 4 stars.

I just don't think WVU is going to be able to compete for conference championships any longer (recruiting at their current level) now that those two schools appear to have hit homeruns at the HC position and are maximizing their potential.

WVU was never going to compete long term in the Big 12. They just don't have the resources that the schools have at the top of that conference. Long term...or until UT and OU leave the conference...WVU will be a middle of the pack team looking at 6-8 wins per year on average.

Your opinion of Charlie Strong is flawed.

OU has been recruiting like that and we were playing them the last game of the season for the right to go to the Big 12 Championship Game, a game we lost by 3 points.

Can you remind me who beat that UT team that you are touting, who also beat Georgia, in DKR Stadium?

TIA!

Oh, really? Explain how his comment about Strong was wrong.

He said Strong recruited well. Here are the national class rankings of Strong's Texas classes:

2014: 17th (only had a few weeks to recruit after taking over)
2015: 10th
2016: 7th

Clearly, he did recruit well.

He also said Strong didn't coach worth a shit. Now, that is more debatable, but when you have recruiting classes that strong and results that are very average, his argument tends to look correct.

OU has been recruiting like that and we were playing them the last game of the season for the right to go to the Big 12 Championship Game, a game we lost by 3 points.

Can you remind me who beat that UT team that you are touting, who also beat Georgia, in DKR Stadium?

TIA!
In what way is my opinion of Charlie Strong flawed? You believe he CAN coach?

Stoops recruited well (i admitted as much) but Riley's last two classes are better than anything Stoops put together since WVU joined the Big 12

2012: National Rank 11 & AVG Star Rating 3.48
2013: National Rank 15 & AVG Star Rating 3.04
2014: National Rank 15 & AVG Star Rating 3.22
2015: National Rank 14 & AVG Star Rating 3.54
2016: National Rank 16 & AVG Star Rating 3.43
2017: National Rank 7 & AVG Star Rating 3.61
2018: National Rank 8 & AVG Star Rating 3.61
2019: National Rank 6 & AVG Star Rating 3.73. OU is likely to get the #4 payer in the entire country tomorrow, which will give them THREE five-star WR recruits in the 2019 class (to go along with the top rated 2019 QB).

I never said WVU was going to shit the bed and be a Big 12 bottom feeder moving forward. I do, however, believe it is going to be borderline impossible for WVU to compete for another championship in the near future with UT and OU on the rise.

He also said Strong didn't coach worth a shit. Now, that is more debatable, but when you have recruiting classes that strong and results that are very average, his argument tends to look correct.
I was probably a tad harsh but I do believe Strong is at best a mediocre HC.

He had two good seasons at Louisville. One where he won a conference championship in a watered down Big East and another where he finished second in a G5 conference.

He finished under .500 in every season he coached at UT.

His team this year at USF lost six in a row to end the season and were dismantled at home in a bowl game to Marshall.

You posted a link to a f’ucking forum?

LOL!

You guys are priceless...and by priceless I mean as dumb as a box of rocks.

Its been a big question that was apparently asked by you all.
But then again, logic doesn't seem to be something your uneducated kind can grasp.
Oh and you are insulting your own fanbase and indirectly, yourself, with your statement.
wvu fans remind me of that person walking out of the bathroom with a long piece toilet paper stuck to their shoe...no clue but everyone else is aware.

• Following up on CM's assessment of Strong's coaching ability, I believe Doc is now 2-0 against Charlie's teams. And according to the majority of the Eerdiots who post on Herd sites, Doc ain't Sh*t as a head coach.

• Following up on CM's assessment of Strong's coaching ability, I believe Doc is now 2-0 against Charlie's teams. And according to the majority of the Eerdiots who post on Herd sites, Doc ain't Sh*t as a head coach.

I’ve never said anything of the sort about Doc. I think he is a good coach and is good for Marshall. The fact that MU gave him his first chance as a HC later in his career seems to mean a great deal to him. I think your new OC was an extremely high quality hire and shows that Doc is willing to try to evolve and adapt as a coach.

Last edited:
Oh, really? Explain how his comment about Strong was wrong.

He said Strong recruited well. Here are the national class rankings of Strong's Texas classes:

2014: 17th (only had a few weeks to recruit after taking over)
2015: 10th
2016: 7th

Clearly, he did recruit well.

He said Charlie couldn’t coach. I strongly disagree. UT was a terrible fit for Strong just as it has been on the hoops side for Smart. The guy has had 3 double digit win seasons and played UCF to the very end last season. Is he an elite coach? Probably not. However, he’s better than 70% of the other HCs out there.

Rifle, how’s that lawsuit coming? You’re a freaking joke. I don’t even consider you a Marshall fan. I don’t know if it’s because they wouldn’t hire you in any capacity and you’re resentful. You just like to troll the board and attempt to belittle other posters. That’s the only reason you’re here. You personify the term narcissist.

He said Charlie couldn’t coach. I strongly disagree. UT was a terrible fit for Strong just as it has been on the hoops side for Smart. The guy has had 3 double digit win seasons and played UCF to the very end last season. Is he an elite coach? Probably not. However, he’s better than 70% of the other HCs out there.

Rifle, how’s that lawsuit coming? You’re a freaking joke. I don’t even consider you a Marshall fan. I don’t know if it’s because they wouldn’t hire you in any capacity and you’re resentful. You just like to troll the board and attempt to belittle other posters. That’s the only reason you’re here. You personify the term narcissist.
Preach it!!! (Talking about your second paragraph). Loved it!

Reactions: putnam green

It will be interesting but Dana had not really recruited much before going to WVU, my guess is Brown will hire some guys to help with this

He said Charlie couldn’t coach. I strongly disagree. UT was a terrible fit for Strong just as it has been on the hoops side for Smart. The guy has had 3 double digit win seasons and played UCF to the very end last season. Is he an elite coach? Probably not.

UT was a terrible fit? Based on what? He was given complete control. It has one of the best chances to win in the country. His recruiting was fine there. The only result? He didn't coach well.

The only reason it was a bad fit is because he didn't win there. Like everywhere, his special teams were horrible. He couldn't decide on a starting QB, and the lack of sticking with one and developing one didn't allow for one to bail him out like he had in Louisville and with the quarterback that he inherited last year at USF.

He did a good job at Louisville, particularly the last two years (they were average his first two years). He did a bad (almost terrible, considering what Texas has) job at Texas. In his first year at USF, he inherited a team that finished #19 in the country, a team that had just gone 11-2, a team that returned 16 starters, and a team that returned their QB who was the conference's player of the year (and probably the most athletic QB in the country). He went 10-2 with them, and they finished 21st in the country. In other words, he took a very good team with a ton of experience and performed slightly worse than the previous coach with the younger team the previous year. This year, he once again was average at best.

At each of his three stops, he had a program that provided one of the top opportunities to win in the conference. He was a success at one, a failure at another, and has been average at the third.

However, he’s better than 70% of the other HCs out there.

Absurd. More than 70% of FBS head coaches would have performed better at Texas than he did. At least 70% of FBS head coaches would have done the same or better at USF so far considering what he had in year 1 and how he performed in year 2.

Rifle, how’s that lawsuit coming?

The one that ended nearly 3 years ago? It went extremely well. After just a half-day of depositions, their attorneys came back after recess and stated that their client had now decided to agree to all of my demands. They settled for more than 8 times the amount my attorney originally advised me to accept. It resulted in the head coach jumping ship and getting fired at his new school 2 years later for a mix of NCAA violation rumors, personal issues, and losing. Thanks for your concern.

You’re a freaking joke. I don’t even consider you a Marshall fan. I don’t know if it’s because they wouldn’t hire you in any capacity and you’re resentful. You just like to troll the board and attempt to belittle other posters. That’s the only reason you’re here. You personify the term narcissist.

Let me get this straight: You came on here and disagreed with a poster. I responded that I agreed with that poster and provided an argument with statistics. All of that was done without mocking you, without mocking your argument, without calling you names, and without taking any personal jabs at you.

You then responded to my post by claiming I am a "troll" (even though you came on here posting under the name "WVUtotheBig12") and that I attempt to belittle other posters (even though you attempted numerous personal jabs at me and called me names).

Do you see how much of a moron you look by doing that, hypocrite? Do you see how much of a little bitch you look like by throwing a temper-tantrum claiming that I am the one who does something yet you're the one who ended up doing it?

Moron.

It's not comedy - it's the truth. He chased hard after both the Kansas State and Louisville jobs, only to be told he wasn't good enough for those programs before wvu begged him to come up there.
A professional opinion from yags? Bullcrap and Google is his SOURCES.WV could have hired saban and rifle would have given another silly answer. He hatesvwv mote than marshall

Reactions: minvikfan1
ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT