ADVERTISEMENT

Smith and Wesson Moving to Tenn after 165 years in Mass

There is nothing 50/50 in what you said. If you are in the 80% you have a 100% chance of living. If you are in the 20% you have a 100% chance of dying. Just because you don’t know which bucket you are in doesn’t make your odds of dying mysteriously become 50/50.
Well, 2 of you have proved your ignorance by continuing to argue a point that can't be refuted. You will either die tonight or you will not. 50/50.

If you are correct, then 97% of all people will be dead in 5 days since there’s only a 3% chance you can flip a heads 5 times in a row.

Reactions: i am herdman
That’s because 50/50 is a statistical probability dipshit
No, idiot. Not always. Once again statistical probabilities regarding whether you live or die today use OTHER peoples outcomes in the past to predict the probability of YOUR outcome. I said my 50/50 was personal, which excluded statistical probability. YOU are not the other people. You are you and there has never been another you. There cannot be a study or record of a past you. You're on your own. Your personal possibility of living to see the end of this day is 50/50.

If you are correct, then 97% of all people will be dead in 5 days since there’s only a 3% chance you can flip a heads 5 times in a row.
LMAO. We lost half the world last night. He can't really be this argumentative can he? Or dense?

No, idiot. Not always. Once again statistical probabilities regarding whether you live or die today use OTHER peoples outcomes in the past to predict the probability of YOUR outcome. I said my 50/50 was personal, which excluded statistical probability. YOU are not the other people. You are you and there has never been another you. There cannot be a study or record of a past you. You're on your own. Your personal possibility of living to see the end of this day is 50/50.
But that is still statistics moron. It’s not a correct application of statistics but it’s statistics none the less

Mr. Extra, what you have just said is one of the most insanely idiotic things I have ever read. At no point in your rambling, incoherent response were you ever close to anything that could be considered a rational thought. Everyone on this board is now dumber for having read it. I award you no points, and may God have mercy on your soul.

Reactions: Marshall Jeff
Mr. Extra, what you have just said is one of the most insanely idiotic things I have ever read. At no point in your rambling, incoherent response were you ever close to anything that could be considered a rational thought. Everyone on this board is now dumber for having read it. I award you no points, and may XENU have mercy on your soul.
FIFY

Reactions: Rock98Dog
But that is still statistics moron. It’s not a correct application of statistics but it’s statistics none the less
No, it's just an irrefutable fact that you will live or will die today. Your time to die is ALWAYS.

So you admit there’s a 50/50 chance you throw a woman in a bag off of a dock as retribution for her killing a dog today?
Get out of statistical probabilities. This is not in that realm. Unless you commit suicide, you have no choice in the matter of when you die. You will live to see the end of today or you won't. You don't know which it will be. That's irrefutable.

Get out of statistical probabilities. This is not in that realm. Unless you commit suicide, you have no choice in the matter of when you die. You will live to see the end of today or you won't. You don't know which it will be. That's irrefutable.
I can almost guarantee you I have a much more robust background in statistics, academically and in my career, than you do.

But that doesn’t matter. 50/50 means a 50% chance of one thing, a 50% chance of the other. That’s what the phrase means. A coin flip is (reasonably close to) 50/50. I do not have a 50% chance of dying today. A roulette wheel does not have a 50% chance of coming up green.

I can almost guarantee you I have a much more robust background in statistics, academically and in my career, than you do.

But that doesn’t matter. 50/50 means a 50% chance of one thing, a 50% chance of the other. That’s what the phrase means. A coin flip is (reasonably close to) 50/50. I do not have a 50% chance of dying today. A roulette wheel does not have a 50% chance of coming up green.
He's embarrassing himself

A person can either live or die. Only two options but it is not a 50/50 proposition. If the average US lifespan is 79 years at 39.5 years the average person has lived half of their life.

At 39.5 years of age that person has lived (excluding leap years) 14,417.5 days and on average has 14,417.5 days to live. At that point in time one could say that person has a 1 in 14,417.5 chance of dying today (0.000006). When that person reaches 79 years old the probability of death doesn't necessarily hit 100% since they have reached the average or target age. These are statistics or probabilities. It has nothing to do with a literal interpretation.

I've enjoyed the banter back and forth. Seems like we have some good analysts here and one lost ball in tall weeds.

And oh by the way, Pfizer benefited from Trump's Operation Warp Speed 🙂.

You might have won a gold medal in the statistics olympics, but like the rest of the idiots that are arguing that I'm wrong, you can't get statistical probabilities out of your head. You absolutely have a 50/50 possibility of dying today as a personal thing. (You either will or you won't. Once again that is irrefutable.) Statistical analysis can't be done on a single individual, as there is not enough data to determine a pattern, trend, or relationship. Even if statistical analysis is done that determines 99 of 100 people will live this day, you can't predict who the "1" will be that does not live. And then you're back to a "flip of the coin" and 50/50.

You might have won a gold medal in the statistics olympics, but like the rest of the idiots that are arguing that I'm wrong, you can't get statistical probabilities out of your head. You absolutely have a 50/50 possibility of dying today as a personal thing. (You either will or you won't. Once again that is irrefutable.) Statistical analysis can't be done on a single individual, as there is not enough data to determine a pattern, trend, or relationship. Even if statistical analysis is done that determines 99 of 100 people will live this day, you can't predict who the "1" will be that does not live. And then you're back to a "flip of the coin" and 50/50.
Whatever you say Einstein

Good Lord.

I bought a cheap AR from a dude in a Tudors parking lot last week. Straight cash homie. Swapped the barrel out for a DD 10.3 with a 1:7. Sweet ass barrel. I love me some shorties. Dropped in a geiselle trigger, Odin mag release and a radion selector switch, geiselle charging handle and BCG. Changed out the stock for an SB brace. I put a fortus control shield over the flash suppressor, goddamn thing will burn your face off and crush your ear drums if you're standing in front of it. I mounted an MRO on it for now, may change it out for a prism site later, those things are sweet. Great glass. If you have astigmatism, look them up. I don't, I just like the glass and technology. I fired 6 mags through it with no failures, so the gas is tuned in. It's been leaning against the wall with a full mag for 5 days. I don't load 28 in a 30 round mag, that's Vietnam era stuff, modern mags are good to go. It hasn't killed any kids, it just leans there doing absolutely nothing.

Reactions: i am herdman
I'll probably change out the entire upper for a suppressed 300 eventually. Fvck it, I'll just build another gun for that, I have 2 empty lowers just laying in a box anyway. It won't kill any kids either. It'll just lay there, all shy and quiet like.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT