ADVERTISEMENT

Smith and Wesson Moving to Tenn after 165 years in Mass

Are you being intentionally obtuse or do you actually not understand that 50/50 means equal probabilities, and you do not have equal probabilities of living or dying from Covid?
Either you will....or you won't. You don't know which. Has nothing to do with statistical probabilities.

Can you define "absolutely no one"?
Sure....simply count the number of comments in this discussion where anyone recommended to disarm the public. You'll come up with no one.... absolutely no one.

Sure....simply count the number of comments in this discussion where anyone recommended to disarm the public. You'll come up with no one.... absolutely no one.

Do you remember when you were a kid and you forgot to count yourself???

You were the first to mention anything about disarming the public. Must have been a Freudian slip on your part. I simply included a quote from Robert A. Heinlein that must have triggered you...

Who's talking about disarming the population?

Intentionally obtuse, got it.
You bring absolutely nothing to this board.
Obtuse is when I supply a fact and you describe it as obtuse. Idiot. It's also obtuse when you don't want to hear what I say and then fail to use the ignore function.

Do you remember when you were a kid and you forgot to count yourself???

You were the first to mention anything about disarming the public. Must have been a Freudian slip on your part. I simply included a quote from Robert A. Heinlein that must have triggered you...
OK... that's stupid...and absurd...but it's apparently the best you can do.

OK... that's stupid...and absurd...but it's apparently the best you can do.

Go back and look and see which post first mentioned disarming the public...

Surely you can do better than that...

Since you’re defining things how about that definition of an assault weapon

That's statistics. On a personal level you have a 50/50 chance of surviving covid 19.
That is math of the stupid, by the stupid, and for the stupid.

I know your point is something like “you either die or you don’t, so two possible outcomes”, but that is just retarded.

Two percent of all people that have caught COVID in the US have died from it. In my age bracket, 0.40% of those that have caught it have died. So I was actually being pessimistic in saying I have a 99.6% chance of not dying from COVID since I have to catch it first. Only about 15% of people in my age bracket are recorded COVID cases, so I have an 85% of not getting it and a 0.4% chance of death if I do. Given that, sitting here right now, COVID negative, my odds of death are 0.06%, survival rate of 99.94%.

Reactions: ThunderCat98

I know your point is something like “you either die or you don’t, so two possible outcomes”, but that is just retarded.

Two percent of all people that have caught COVID in the US have died from it. In my age bracket, 0.40% of those that have caught it have died. So I was actually being pessimistic in saying I have a 99.6% chance of not dying from COVID since I have to catch it first. Only about 15% of people in my age bracket are recorded COVID cases, so I have an 85% of not getting it and a 0.4% chance of death if I do. Given that, sitting here right now, COVID negative, my odds of death are 0.06%, survival rate of 99.94%.
No no you see it’s always 50/50. I’m in Southern California where it hasn’t snowed since the 70s but it’ll either snow today or it won’t. 50/50

Either you will....or you won't. You don't know which. Has nothing to do with statistical probabilities.
when you do stuff like this it does not help in your cause to educate people on covid, vaccinations, etc. It makes it worse.

The odds are not 50/50. No doctor or anyone else would say that.

No no you see it’s always 50/50. I’m in Southern California where it hasn’t snowed since the 70s but it’ll either snow today or it won’t. 50/50
There is a 50/50 chance today that I am going to bang Cindy Crawford in the upper deck. I like my chances.

• Haha
But it's a fact. Dimwit.
But it's a fact. Dimwit.
’m in Southern California where it hasn’t snowed since the 70s but it’ll either snow today or it won’t. 50/50
But it's a fact, Dimwit. It pretty much snows annually in Southern California.
when you do stuff like this it does not help in your cause to educate people on covid, vaccinations, etc. It makes it worse.

The odds are not 50/50. No doctor or anyone else would say that.
I'm not trying to educate you, moron, I'm just exposing your stupidity, lies, and breaking your oath.
There is a 50/50 chance today that I am going to bang Cindy Crawford in the upper deck. I like my chances.
It'll be a 50/50 chance every day you live, but never 100% for you.

Last edited:
  • Haha
But it's a fact. Dimwit.

But it's a fact. Dimwit.

But it's a fact, Dimwit. It pretty much snows annually in Southern California.

I'm not trying to educate you, moron, I'm just exposing your stupidity, lies, and breaking your oath.

It'll be a 50/50 chance every day you live, but never 100% for you.
You are simply wrong saying it is 50/50. Liberals and conservatives both know that

Not 50 /50

How many 30 year old males are in the world?

I am guessing and not looking it up but most 30 year old have a greater chance of dying of something else other than COVID-19

Pretty damn low.
What are the chances of someone hitting the Powerball? Did half of us hit the Powerball?
For a particular healthy male it was 100%. Buried him yesterday. Left a wife and 6 year old daughter. See how that works.

Funny thing is, I don’t think he is being intentionally obtuse. I think he believes he’s right.

Ive said this about extra for years, he is most likely the “smart one” in his group of backwoods friends. No one ever questions him, so he has come to feel he’s intelligent by standards other than those that qualify you as intelligent OW while operating in a very small circle of other uneducated people. There are smart people OW for sure, but he has managed to avoid them his whole life.

Funny thing is, I don’t think he is being intentionally obtuse. I think he believes he’s right.

Ive said this about extra for years, he is most likely the “smart one” in his group of backwoods friends. No one ever questions him, so he has come to feel he’s intelligent by standards other than those that qualify you as intelligent OW while operating in a very small circle of other uneducated people. There are smart people OW for sure, but he has managed to avoid them his whole life.
I wouldn’t believe it but he’s not the first person I’ve seen make this big a mess of statistics.

But, I guess by his logic, no one should get vaccinated. There are breakthrough cases, so I guess it’s 50/50 whether you die from Covid or not either way, right?

I wouldn’t believe it but he’s not the first person I’ve seen make this big a mess of statistics.

But, I guess by his logic, no one should get vaccinated. There are breakthrough cases, so I guess it’s 50/50 whether you die from Covid or not either way, right?
That is why I wrote he was not helping his own argument of getting vaccinated.

I jump out of a plane, two things can happen. I live or I die. 50/50. I stay in the plane? Still 50/50. No difference.

You idiots ignore the fact that I told you at the onset of this discussion that I wasn't talking about statistical probability but talking about it in a personal sense. If you have a statistical probability of 80% living and 20% dying, you have no idea if you personally are in the 80 category or the 20. Right smack dab back to 50/50. Continuing to argue against that is absolutely stupid on your part.

You idiots ignore the fact that I told you at the onset of this discussion that I wasn't talking about statistical probability but talking about it in a personal sense. If you have a statistical probability of 80% living and 20% dying, you have no idea if you personally are in the 80 category or the 20. Right smack dab back to 50/50. Continuing to argue against that is absolutely stupid on your part.
hahahahhahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahshshahha. Personal sense still isn’t 50/50. You’re out Wayne education is really coming through right now. Stick to simple things like numbers on a tape measure

What do you think the two 50s in the phrase 50/50 refer to?

67028640.jpg

That’s just literally not what it means. It means a 50% chance of one thing, a 50% chance of the other. Just admit you didn’t know it and move on.

That’s just literally not what it means. It means a 50% chance of one thing, a 50% chance of the other. Just admit you didn’t know it and move on.
That's right, moron, that's exactly what I've been saying. 50% chance YOU live to see tomorrow, 50% chance YOU don't.

There is nothing 50/50 in what you said. If you are in the 80% you have a 100% chance of living. If you are in the 20% you have a 100% chance of dying. Just because you don’t know which bucket you are in doesn’t make your odds of dying mysteriously become 50/50.

As simply as possible - just because there are only two possible outcomes doesn’t mean there is an equal likelihood to each outcome. Using the phrase “a 50/50 chance” means that there is an equal likelihood of each outcome.

Period. End of discussion. Anything you say beyond this point is incorrect.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT