ADVERTISEMENT

so, who got shot?

Status
Not open for further replies.
No one seems to know yet. You would think that would have already been circulating.

Odds are as follows: One or more of those involved originally from greater Detroit area: 2 to 1. One or more of those involved originally from Columbus or surrounding area: 4 to 1. One or more of those involved originally from "out Wayne" or elsewhere in southern Wayne County, or from just across the river in a contiguous Kentucky county: 6 to 1.

Sounds almost like an accident, Plaxico Burress-style.

I know someone will post that disclosing the player's name is a privacy violation, and you might be right, but damn the AD is opaque AF about everything. We went from having all these "no tolerance" policies for guns, drugs, domestic violence, etc. to acting like players who get themselves shot at 4 a.m. on a Sunday deserve cover.

Reactions: Herd In the Plains
Sounds almost like an accident, Plaxico Burress-style.

I know someone will post that disclosing the player's name is a privacy violation, and you might be right, but damn the AD is opaque AF about everything. We went from having all these "no tolerance" policies for guns, drugs, domestic violence, etc. to acting like players who get themselves shot at 4 a.m. on a Sunday deserve cover.
that's a pretty big leap, how do you get there from the linked article?

that's a pretty big leap, how do you get there from the linked article?
Its just an inference, obviously I don't know any more than anyone else. The article seems to be dismissive of the injury, saying its a minor wound, and the player was treated and released. There also isn't anything that indicates a criminal investigation is underway, and there is no comment from Huntington PD except to say no arrests have been made. I can see how someone's trip to the hospital is protected by privacy laws, but generally speaking anytime a human being shoots at another human being, its considered newsworthy by both the press and law enforcement, so I think there is at least the possibility that the shooting was accidental.

Bukkake gone wrong. Direct shot by Chase's boyfriend right to the left eye and he was released after an eye wash.

These guys disagree......
ghostbusters.jpg

Reactions: oldeherd
There is no cover up. The accusations that get thrown around on here are beyond me.

That's how rumors start.

Just let the situation play itself out and if it becomes public so be it. If not, so be it.

Reactions: ToesMU
Just let the situation play itself out and if it becomes public so be it. If not, so be it.

Christ, you sound worse than Sean Spicer. Are you officially the SID now or just playing that role behind the scenes?

You're on a sports message board. Local media has reported that a player was shot. Yet, you make a comment like you did in the last two sentences.

Your emotional intelligence and people skills are as low as I've seen in a human.

Reactions: Sash19
Christ, you sound worse than Sean Spicer. Are you officially the SID now or just playing that role behind the scenes?

You're on a sports message board. Local media has reported that a player was shot. Yet, you make a comment like you did in the last two sentences.

Your emotional intelligence and people skills are as low as I've seen in a human.

You're right.

Let's all put our own spin on the situation so people who don't have a clue what the truth is can run with any rumor and make what may be an innocent situation look bad for the player, coaching staff and administration.

Reactions: goherd73
You're right.

Let's all put our own spin on the situation so people who don't have a clue what the truth is can run with any rumor and make an innocent situation look bad for the player, coaching staff and administration.

You should either step aside from your role on here or resign from your unofficial Marshall athletic department spokesman position.

There have been a number of different guesses posted as to what happened . . . some people guessed it could involve bad influences from other areas who have caused trouble . . . others have claimed it sounded like a simple accident . . . another said it sounded like a bar fight or drug deal . . . another asked if Doc was covering something up . . . yet another joked that it was a sexual accident.

As you can see, nobody who posted was too sure about what happened and some didn't place blame on anyone for the shooting. There were a number of different guesses, none of which seemed to be the most popular, though I am going to weigh in and add my support to the bukkake theory.

Then, we have you - a guy who is supposed to help drive interest and discussion on the board - telling people not to worry about it, suppressing discussion of it, and telling them "oh well" if nothing is ever mentioned about it.

How clueless can you be? This is a sports message board of fans of this particular team. When a player is shot, it will create discussion. That, in turn, will create speculation. Nobody on here was starting a lynch mob against a player, coach, or administrator based on the speculation. Hell, on HerdFans, I (and others) even ridiculed a moron who claimed the player should automatically be kicked off.

Nobody was out of line with their guesses on here. Based on the behavioral incidents we have had under Doc and the kids he has signed who have had issues elsewhere, it is entirely logical to make assumptions along that line. It comes with the territory when you have that track record. But to tell people not to worry about it? You realize what this medium of a message board is intended to do, right?

Maybe everybody in the program and the athletic department is just hoping that this just blows over and goes away. Isn't the month of July when the coaches all take off and go on their vacations before regrouping for the start of August practice?

I have to disagree. Doc Holliday has been given incredible amounts of leverage by the AD as far as withholding facts and information about everything from player injuries to player arrests, and as a result, no one on the outside the program has any idea what is going on inside the program. We saw the effect of that play out last season, when suddenly the team collapsed and we were terrible and no one saw it coming or to this day really know why it happened.

Besides, this much secrecy is not good, given Marshall's history. Another NCAA spanking that puts us in the gutter of this terrible league, you may not be able to put Humpty Dumpty back together this time.

We saw the effect of that play out last season, when suddenly the team collapsed and we were terrible and no one saw it coming or to this day really know why it happened.

The lack of transparency had nothing to do with the team's struggles last season.

Being 3-9 impacted sales, not the lack of transparency.

Doc and Co were no more transparent during the winning seasons than they were last season and sales were good during those years.

Reactions: ToesMU
Being 3-9 impacted sales, not the lack of transparency.

So, you're the spokesman for the athletic department AND the fans?

Doc and Co were no more transparent during the winning seasons than they were last season and sales were good during those years.

Those relationships don't flow the same way.

Winning, regardless of transparency, leads to interest. Losing with no transparency loses interest. Losing while being transparent can still keep fans interested. It keeps the fans involved and feeling like they are in-the-know which furthers their interest.

Reactions: Dreh_Nagi_HC_IM
So, you're the spokesman for the athletic department AND the fans?

Those relationships don't flow the same way.

Winning, regardless of transparency, leads to interest. Losing with no transparency loses interest. Losing while being transparent can still keep fans interested. It keeps the fans involved and feeling like they are in-the-know which furthers their interest.

Well, given the number of privacy laws that are in place now paired with how the administration operates, fans need to get used to being out of the "know" regardless what the record is.

screw you both, c-k-ocsevol-evad and y.a.g. si ye nots - your holier than thou schtick is old and tired....if you don't like the way josh runs this site then just leave the f'n board....i'm not the only one tired of your know-it-all bully shit....just shut the hell up and go away - the board is better without u

Status
Not open for further replies.
ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT