ADVERTISEMENT

Soccer Rosters

Status
Not open for further replies.
Mods, here's a golden opportunity to remove that double standard stain that caused me to go on strike for 3-4 days.

Mods, here's yet a 2nd golden opportunity to remove that double standard stain that caused me to go on strike for 3-4 days.

Talking about strike, is KY back?

Not at all. They run their programs as they see fit.

Below, you said you'd be suspicious of the recruiting steps taking place if a D1 soccer roster didn't have a bunch of foreigners on it. Then when I pointed out numerous top 10 D1 soccer programs that didn't have a bunch of foreigners on it, you said you weren't suspicious of them at all.

Should I ask again in 20 minutes?

Actually, if a D1 soccer roster or any high level competitive roster didn't have a bunch of foreign players on it, i would be suspicious the recruiting steps taking place to make that roster competitive at that level.

So far, I have a red card for deflection on rifle.

Kenny with a political post. Looks like he is taking a vacation.

**** me, is it the weekend yet?

Below, you said you'd be suspicious of the recruiting steps taking place if a D1 soccer roster didn't have a bunch of foreigners on it. Then when I pointed out numerous top 10 D1 soccer programs that didn't have a bunch of foreigners on it, you said you weren't suspicious of them at all.

Should I ask again in 20 minutes?
I can only assume that they are comfortable how they recruit and the kids they bring in. They obviously have the ability to get US kids and have success doing that. Personally, I don’t feel that a roster full of US players will do well consistently against foreign players but that’s just my humble opinion. Grassie does it his way and it seems to be paying off.
Funny that US players don’t dominate the pro leagues such as Premier or Bundesliga. The US Men’s team gets crushed more often than not. I’ll take the international guys all the time and let the chips fall where they may. As pointed out by other posts/posters, several top college teams are foriegn player heavy - certainly a preference by the coach of those teams. This isn't a right or wrong discussion.

So if I am reading this all correctly, you are basically saying by loading up on foriegn players that Grassie isn't going about the process correctly? Or that he isn't an effective recruiter because he doesn't have more US players on the roster? BTW, Per Herdzone, he has a total roster of 47 kids, of those 25 were born in the US.

Last edited:
So far, I have a red card for deflection on rifle.

Kenny with a political post. Looks like he is taking a vacation.

**** me, is it the weekend yet?
I've got 10 day weekend coming up. Look for me on Pullman Square during the early evenings most nights, sharing nothing but brilliant commentary. I almost feel like I'm sitting in for O'Reilly.

Reactions: i am herdman
Pretty much anybody that spends a bunch of times on these forums is a narcissist. Take me for example. Not only am I pretty cool & awesome on this forum, but I'm damn near this cool & awesome in real life.

So cool that you need, at a minimum, to mimic 2 other forum posters and their names.

Actually, if a D1 soccer roster or any high level competitive roster didn't have a bunch of foreign players on it, i would be suspicious the recruiting steps taking place to make that roster competitive at that level. The girls team could sure as hell use some foriegn players to improve their competitiveness. Funny, their best player is a local product.
The US is the cream of the crop when it comes to women’s soccer.

The US is the cream of the crop when it comes to women’s soccer.
They are excellent and I enjoy watching them but the women’s soccer is a different beast altogether. The men have more money, resources and such,yet they can’t make the Olympics or World Cup in some years.

Reactions: Jartard
So cool that you need, at a minimum, to mimic 2 other forum posters and their names.
This didn't end well for you a few years back, when you were doing the same stupid things with your false accusations. If you feel I have more than one profile, then have your mood friends prove it for you. Also, kiss my ass frat boy, and do yourself a favor, and return to threatening extragreen, because I don't play.

Different sport, but schools relying on foreign players is also prevalent in college tennis. Only two of the top 10 singles players in the country are from the US. The other eight are from Canada, Portugal (2), France, Sweden, England, Brazil and Australia.
It's also very prevalent in NAIA tennis as well.

To say that you are the reason seats are packed by you and that you run these boards is a huge insult to all of Marshall University, especially with the drivel that you post. I think people would be perfectly fine to come here without being verbally assaulted by you nonstop. I mean maybe now that Trump was banned from most of mainstream social media and lost the election, people might flock here to see your nonsense insulting posts since Trump was banned. You just can't help yourself to stay on topic. When people post things that are non-offensive to anyone, you in turn reply with the most insulting, degrading nonsense. You are exposing your utter foolishness to everyone. You seem to think you are like Trump. Narcissistically post whatever the hell you want no matter how ridiculously foolish, offensive, sexist, racist, yet get away because you have connections and "run this board". How long is that going to fly? People like myself come here to support the Herd. You are way out of line and not everyone wants to see your drivel. I think there needs to be a separate forum for people that want to read your posts. Your BS shouldn't be mixed with well-meaning posts. You don't have to start smack and insults against fellow fans of the same team and hold meaningless and uncalled for grudges. We're not your enemies here. We have a shared love for Marshall and Marshall sports, don't we?

I, like hopefully many good people, come here to read and learn about MARSHALL related topics, not your drivel. You just making us obtain info on those topics much difficult. And if people are here for your degrading garbage, you are embarrassing the likes and reputation of Marshall University and West Virginia. Like I said, it needs to go in a special forum for people that are low like you. You give The Herd a bad name.
So, I'm guessing your answer to the question "IS RIFLE A NARCISSIST" would be yes.

Reactions: ThunderDrunk304
So, I'm guessing your answer to the question "IS RIFLE A NARCISSIST" would be yes.

Just like Kenny isn’t allowed to stuff 14 year old girls anymore, you’re not allowed to stuff the ballot box. Take your obsession elsewhere, dork, and stop trying to turn another thread into being about me.

It's also very prevalent in NAIA tennis as well.
Georgia Gwinnett holds the most recent men's and women's NAIA tennis titles.

Men's roster
10 of 10 foreign

Women's roster
8 of 10 foreign

We brought in subpar American talent when rifle was on campus and sucked ass. Once again Nothing we did seems to be illegal, I’m sure the the ncaa will retroactively change the rules for us but currently it looks like we did things within the rules so who cares… Just a bunch of butt hurt Indiana fans and rifle

This reminds me when I was talking to a fan of a ACC school in football and he was telling me the advantages that a team like Marshall had because they could take a few props each year. I am like now really, taking a few props each year gives us advantage over Clemson, UNC, Florida State, GA Tech, Miami, NC State or any other ACC schools? You SOB's spend more on toilet paper and air freshener for the locker room than we spend on uniforms. Get out of here.

If you go to Herdzone and look at the entire Men’s Soccer roster you’ll see we have more members from the US than International. It’s just the best players are International.

Reactions: TwolfHerdfan
If you go to Herdzone and look at the entire Men’s Soccer roster you’ll see we have more members from the US than International. It’s just the best players are International.
I think some of those might be foreign players that are using their US address. I have seen that on tennis rosters.

Not many. D1 schools can only give out 9.9 scholarships in men’s soccer. Women can carry 14.
9.9? what do they do divide that out and give partials? Or if you have a ringer you give them a whole scholarship? Is it also kept at 9.9 so it is not a full 10 in order to keep from having to provide more women's scholarships?

For the record, I am disappointed in my long time associate rifle. I am bringing that up at the next staff meeting.

Reactions: W-S HerdFan
Not many. D1 schools can only give out 9.9 scholarships in men’s soccer. Women can carry 14.
So I wonder how many full and partial scholarships went to foreign born players. Doesn't really matter to me. Just curious.

9.9? what do they do divide that out and give partials? Or if you have a ringer you give them a whole scholarship? Is it also kept at 9.9 so it is not a full 10 in order to keep from having to provide more women's scholarships?

For the record, I am disappointed in my long time associate rifle. I am bringing that up at the next staff meeting.
Can bundle with academic scholarships as well.

We brought in subpar American talent when rifle was on campus and sucked ass.
I believe that this is your second attempt in as many weeks making a comment like this, and like usual, it fails factually.

Mens soccer was pretty good during my time at Marshall. I believe they finished in first one season during the regular season, Byron Carmichael was a two time MAC Player of the Year before being drafted by the MLS, and they made it to the MAC semifinals four years in a row.

“Sucked ass?” Not only does a 40 year old guy sound like a moron saying that, but it’s also false.

, I’m sure the the ncaa will retroactively change the rules for us
Oh, here we go again. This is a perfect example of the Marshall fan conspiracy theory. Everyone, including the NCAA, is out to get poor old Marshall.

Just a bunch of butt hurt Indiana fans and rifle
Again, you’re 40. Stop saying phrases that 14 year old kids say.

And I’m not bothered by it. I simply posted a fact that many others have been discussing. I knew the Marshall mentality wouldn’t have a problem with it . . . unless the shoe were on the other foot, at which point, the Appalachian anger would show its face.

Yes, outside of baseball and football, partial scholarships are extremely prevalent/common in men’s college athletics.

Baseball gets 11.7. Lacrosse gets 12.6. Tennis gets 4.5, etc.

Reactions: 19MU88

And I’m not bothered by it. I simply posted a fact that many others have been discussing. I knew the Marshall mentality wouldn’t have a problem with it . . . unless the shoe were on the other foot, at which point, the Appalachian anger would show its face.
No I’m not forty. Who cares. The only reason you brought it up was to stir shit. It makes no difference where our athletes are from as long as it’s with in the rules.

Reactions: W-S HerdFan
I think the only full rides at Marshall are football and men’s B’ball.
The rest, the coaches have a pot of money allocated toward scholarships that they use to dole out the athletes.

my daughter played college soccer and was given a certain amount for her “athletic” scholarship and then given some “academic “ scholarship monies to help offset tuition costs.

No I’m not forty. Who cares. The only reason you brought it up was to stir shit. It makes no difference where our athletes are from as long as it’s with in the rules.

According to you, it won’t be within the rules soon, because the NCAA is always trying to find ways to keep Marshall down. In fact, I believe the NCAA has an entire department where they partner with C-USA, ESPN, the MAC, wvu, and referees from numerous sports to develop ways to hold down Marshall.

I brought it up because it’s a reasonable discussion that many others were having outside of HN. Like predicted, not a single Marshall fan would claim to have an issue with it . . . even though they had similar issues when national championships weren’t being won.

• Haha
According to you, it won’t be within the rules soon, because the NCAA is always trying to find ways to keep Marshall down. In fact, I believe the NCAA has an entire department where they partner with C-USA, ESPN, the MAC, wvu, and referees from numerous sports to develop ways to hold down Marshall.

I brought it up because it’s a reasonable discussion that many others were having outside of HN. Like predicted, not a single Marshall fan would claim to have an issue with it . . . even though they had similar issues when national championships weren’t being won.
what issues about foreign players have any of us brought up?

It is not a legitimate discussion. I pointed out how many Clemson had on their team and they were ranked #1 going into the tournament. We beat their ass by the way.

What 14 year old do you know that says phrases such as "butt hurt?" Maybe 15-20 years ago...

What 14 year old do you know that says phrases such as "butt hurt?" Maybe 15-20 years ago...

The dorky ones who are 15-20 years behind the times. That makes '429's frequent use of those phrases even worse.

what issues about foreign players have any of us brought up?
Numerous fans have complained about where Marshall's rosters are built from. Considering all of the complaints Marshall fans make, including their conspiracy theories, you don't think a team that starts 10 of 11 starters who are foreigners would illicit complaints if Marshall's team was homegrown? Stop.

OP made a political post, and mods are turning a blind eye

You're a moron. The entire point dealt with Marshall sports.

Yes, outside of baseball and football, partial scholarships are extremely prevalent/common in men’s college athletics.

Baseball gets 11.7. Lacrosse gets 12.6. Tennis gets 4.5, etc.
When my son was playing ACC baseball there were less than 12 players in the conference on a full athletic grant in aid(scholarship). That info came from a reliable source within the conference. My sons team had maybe two guys, pitcher and catcher from the West Coast.

Status
Not open for further replies.
ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT