ADVERTISEMENT

Speaking of Moss:

That was in reference to how much they paid Ridpath, not my asking amount.

I always wondered if Ridpath knew we were doing the Mops for Props deal. If so, did he try to stop it and tell MU brass.
If he didn't know, then as compliance director he was negligent in his duties. I would assume there is a process that is involved and must have his approval before any athlete is given a gift, job, etc. The Marshall AD isn't big enough for something like this to go on and everyone not know. jmo.

Can anyone answer the question of who is going to be a better option? Maybe someone is out there, maybe not. But if Doc's performance is unacceptable, tell me a replacement.

There are dozens of quality coaches out there to find. I’m not saying Docs performance is unacceptable but it’s certainly not eye popping by any stretch, especially in this watered down conference we are in. To be honest it’s underachieving

I don't think at this point, you need to even worry about potential replacements. Doc has to have several more years left, and his boss seems to favor him as coach, so it's a moot point. I would say sometime around the year 2025 would be the time to start thinking about new coaches. That guy that used to post here several years back, riflearm03, may be a name to keep an eye on, assuming he doesn't hit it big in the rap industry.

I don't think at this point, you need to even worry about potential replacements. Doc has to have several more years left, and his boss seems to favor him as coach, so it's a moot point. I would say sometime around the year 2025 would be the time to start thinking about new coaches. That guy that used to post here several years back, riflearm03, may be a name to keep an eye on, assuming he doesn't hit it big in the rap industry.

But by then, that guy you mentioned will no longer be in his prime. I'm thinking he's in his mid-40's by now?

There are dozens of quality coaches out there to find. I’m not saying Docs performance is unacceptable but it’s certainly not eye popping by any stretch, especially in this watered down conference we are in. To be honest it’s underachieving

I guess I am just struggling to see what kind of ceiling is the expectation. Win the conference every other year? Make it to the access bowl? The playoff? I mean are any of those even realistic? The Herd are USUALLY in contention for CUSA on an annual basis, isn't that a pretty good place to be? I think so

I guess I am just struggling to see what kind of ceiling is the expectation. Win the conference every other year? Make it to the access bowl? The playoff? I mean are any of those even realistic? The Herd are USUALLY in contention for CUSA on an annual basis, isn't that a pretty good place to be? I think so

At least win it more than once

Reactions: mlblack16.

Dude, you're starting to sound like @Aaron Perkins

This is an awful conference. The bar is set very low, especially now that there isn't a hot team right now, like WKU was for several years. We've won the conference ONE TIME. If you are unable to make the connection there, then I'm sorry to say, but I'm not sure you're ever going to.

Reactions: raleighherdfan
Dude, you're starting to sound like @Aaron Perkins

This is an awful conference. The bar is set very low, especially now that there isn't a hot team right now, like WKU was for several years. We've won the conference ONE TIME. If you are unable to make the connection there, then I'm sorry to say, but I'm not sure you're ever going to.

Look I don't disagree with that. The conference is terrible and should be winnable. But that is also a reflection of Marshall. If they go and get smoked in Boise and hammered by Cincy, then it doesn't reflect well on CUSA via Marshall either.

Just a hypothetical- If every team in the conference is bad, and Marshall wins CUSA but gets it handed to them badly by Boise and Cincy, is that an acceptable year and acceptable expectations for Doc? Just curious your thoughts there

Reactions: W-S HerdFan
Look I don't disagree with that. The conference is terrible and should be winnable. But that is also a reflection of Marshall. If they go and get smoked in Boise and hammered by Cincy, then it doesn't reflect well on CUSA via Marshall either.

Just a hypothetical- If every team in the conference is bad, and Marshall wins CUSA but gets it handed to them badly by Boise and Cincy, is that an acceptable year and acceptable expectations for Doc? Just curious your thoughts there

My personal opinion, stick to the basic goals Marshall has always had in the past. Win your conference division, then conference championship, then bowl game. If you can knock off big name opponents, great.

If you can't win in step 1, then you damn well better do something of notoriety. For Doc, it's been bowl games, but those have still been smaller bowls that no one other than the 2 teams' schools involved really care about.

When MU won it in 2014...everyone complained the schedule was too easy. When they ran out of complaining about that, they complained about the W/L records of teams we played.
MU fans were actually spending more effort to discredit the 2014 season than they did embracing it and accepting MU did what they had asked.
They actually spend more effort to discredit ANY win...and unload the negatives when MU drops a pass or wins by a narrow margin.
The lack of consistency in the fanbase is enough to make people truly think the fans hate the program.

When MU won it in 2014...everyone complained the schedule was too easy. When they ran out of complaining about that, they complained about the W/L records of teams we played.
MU fans were actually spending more effort to discredit the 2014 season than they did embracing it and accepting MU did what they had asked.
They actually spend more effort to discredit ANY win...and unload the negatives when MU drops a pass or wins by a narrow margin.
The lack of consistency in the fanbase is enough to make people truly think the fans hate the program.

Ok so again- what the the expectation of the general fanbase? Not necessarily a realistic expectation, rather the majority expectation. I know SamC thinks Marshall should be in the SEC and content nationally, as the Herd is the only clean program in America and is severely undervalued and underfunded by the state of WV, but outside of lunatics like him, what is the majority expectation short and long term?

Ok so again- what the the expectation of the general fanbase? Not necessarily a realistic expectation, rather the majority expectation. I know SamC thinks Marshall should be in the SEC and content nationally, as the Herd is the only clean program in America and is severely undervalued and underfunded by the state of WV, but outside of lunatics like him, what is the majority expectation short and long term?

I’m a WVU fan that supports Marshall, so I’ll add my two cents. I think with the coaching staff in place, the facilities, and the overall financial support of the program compared to the rest of C-USA, MU should at least win the conference 2 out of every 6 years (sometimes three conference titles) and have a competitive record in OOC and bowl games. I’d also keep working to strengthen the OOC schedule, as they have been doing, so they can have an argument for the Access Bowl when a very special season occurs.

When MU won it in 2014...everyone complained the schedule was too easy

The majority did not complain. Some of you place way too much emphasis on statements from 2 or 3 fans on a message board.

There will always be complainers. Stop wearing your emotions on your sleeve.

Reactions: TwolfHerdfan
I’m a WVU fan that supports Marshall, so I’ll add my two cents. I think with the coaching staff in place, the facilities, and the overall financial support of the program compared to the rest of C-USA, MU should at least win the conference 2 out of every 6 years (sometimes three conference titles) and have a competitive record in OOC and bowl games. I’d also keep working to strengthen the OOC schedule, as they have been doing, so they can have an argument for the Access Bowl when a very special season occurs.
Agreed. Marshall should win this conference once every three to four years. There is no valid excuse not to.

Reactions: W-S HerdFan
Ol Coach has a major hardon for Doc, and wishes we would all just forget about those Moss and Pruett years.
The Pruett years are ancient history in today's world. Hell, there are a lot of HS football players that have never even heard of randy Moss, Chad Pennington, or Byron Leftwich. It's sad but true.

Reactions: TwolfHerdfan
The Pruett years are ancient history in today's world. Hell, there are a lot of HS football players that have never even heard of randy Moss, Chad Pennington, or Byron Leftwich. It's sad but true.

If they have never heard of Randy Moss then they simply don't follow the sport

Based on the information on Lang it appears that no one in the AD new what he was doing until the FBI arrested everyone.

Bullshit. Lang played the 2015 season with the coaching staff fully aware of what happened.

"Lang admitted to participating in the conspiracy in early 2015.

Lang permitted multiple individuals, including Bush, to stay in and distribute heroin from his apartment located in the 1900 block of 7th Avenue.

In February 2015, agents with the Huntington FBI drug task force executed a search warrant at the apartment and found two firearms.

That's when Lang admitted his participation in the conspiracy to law enforcement."

https://www.wsaz.com/content/news/F...to-guilty-in-heroin-conspiracy-421907103.html

" In a previous motion to dismiss the case against Lang, Hostler wrote Lang had been informed by Marshall coaches that he would have to cooperate with the investigation or be dismissed from the team, losing his scholarship."

https://www.herald-dispatch.com/_re...cle_64f1aea4-81c3-11e7-925b-13dc80cbe526.html

Not sure if anyone ever saw this clip of him on SVP. Wait until the end, and don’t tell me the entire 96 team didn’t have a beef with their reunion and some BS pulled by the AD

"Wait until the end, and don't tell me the entire 96 team didn't have an orchestrated beef with their reunion and some BS pulled by Bob Pruett."

I fixed it for you.

Are you related to Hamrick? You sure defend him like it. Wether you want to admit it or not, there is a large number of alums/donors/fans who feel he isn’t a god. His attitude and actions have rubbed many the wrong way. Everyone is entitled to their thoughts and feelings not just your opinions.

Last edited:
ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT