ADVERTISEMENT

Statement from Aaron Goebbel on Today's Attendance

The response to his post his what needed to be said and what the athletic department needs to hear.

I paid for the tickets but didn’t feel like going yesterday. Also didn’t use my Duke tix yesterday for many of the same reasons. That’s life, everybody has priorities and complications that preclude attending.
Marshall’s unofficial mouthpieces need to move on, attendance plummets most places on Thanksgiving weekend.
Many MU fans keep comparing (attendance wise) these decades and decades long traditional rivalries between long established powers to Marshall’s situation. The only possible time where Marshall had an end of season traditional game was the Ohio U game which was usually the last game of the season many moons ago.
Duke has the same problem as we do since the ACC moved the North Carolina game to mid season. Home attendance is awful Thanksgiving weekend. I wasn’t there but guarantee you the crowd at Wallace Wade stadium looked the same as the Joan yesterday.

IF we had been playing to clinch & host next weekend, I doubt there would have been many more there. No way to prove it - the program is void of energy & enthusiasm right now...

Reactions: ilmherdfan
Bleeds, please be a pal and link his goofy ass to this thread.

He needs to understand that he is in the minority with his sunshine pumping and the tired ass approach that he and ironically another Aaron, @Aaron Perkins attempt does nothing but fuel the animosity towards Doc and anyone who continues to support keeping him on. Don't worry Coach, @Josh Stowers didn't want to leave you out either.

Reactions: mubaseballking
Aaron drank the kool aid for a long time while running the ticket office and is a good dude who truly cares about Marshall and their fans. He, however, struggles to see that the kool aid is what the problem is these days. Average is not best and should not be accepted anywhere/anytime consistently. College athletics is a money making venture these days and if your product is average, people can and should have the ability to support or not support it without be chastised by those that can only see through “green” lenses. If they think having 3000 people on senior day in a stadium that seats almost 40,000 is the fans problem then they are the actual problem not the solution. The product is stale and that falls on those at the top not the myriad of assistants that have come and gone.

He just explained the mentality of the entire athletic department. Forget about the past and focus on either A. How great we are in the lowest form of expectations or B. Finding ways to be the victim. In the first sentence he states it’s a business. I support any kind of business based on expectations. Whatever your expectations are for you. If the expectations are met, I return. After a while, if those expectations are not being met and nothing is being done about it, I move on. The young men on the field aren’t at fault here in the context of how poorly the the department is ran and no one disagrees with that. It’s the typical bs rhetoric used to shade reality. The players are a product of the business. Just because I don’t attend a game doesn’t mean I have any issues with those kids personally. It’s amazing to me that someone who was not paying for tickets and was required to attend the games for his job could make a public service announcement like that. Someone stated he no longer works for the university so if he paid his way yesterday he’s a better man than me. I hope all of the players gave him a big hug and thanked him for his generosity and support. I saw my return on investment opportunity go away last week at Charlotte. After all, when you purchase something you expect some type of positive return. I guess I’m just a terrible person and have lost sight of the kids. I wish I had money to piss away and not care about the results.

Reactions: mlblack16.
The response to his post his what needed to be said and what the athletic department needs to hear.

Imagine being the guy who cheated another Marshall fan out of $200 for NCAA Tournament tickets (and acknowledges that he did so), and then post something like that on another person’s Facebook.

Impressive to say the least.

Fans support the TEAM. You want better coaches pony up the $$$ and donate to the program. Ford money just won't pay for a Tesla.

With the significant advantages Marshall football has in winning compared to the rest of the conference, even an average coach (relative to the other coaches in the conference) wins more than one C-USA championship in a decade.

48411070_200224100920782_1657010279856209920_o.jpg
Imagine being the guy who cheated another Marshall fan out of $200 for NCAA Tournament tickets (and acknowledges that he did so), and then post something like that on another person’s Facebook.

Impressive to say the least.

He totally flaunts what he's done. Look at him flashing "Two" with his hand.

Fans support the TEAM. You want better coaches pony up the $$$ and donate to the program. Ford money just won't pay for a Tesla.

This is not a valid argument and never has been. Appy pays their coach less than Doc. Many G5’s do.

Yes however not guaranteed. They make the same base.

Nonetheless, Drinkwitz is a first year HC. I’m not sold on the fact that Marshall is going to spend any more money (base salary) on a new coach than what’s already being spent. With that said, I usually look at total compensation when looking at contracts just because I think all the terms are wild to look at.

Nonetheless, Drinkwitz is a first year HC. I’m not sold on the fact that Marshall is going to spend any more money (base salary) on a new coach than what’s already being spent. With that said, I usually look at total compensation when looking at contracts just because I think all the terms are wild to look at.
It is pretty interesting to see some of the terms some schools have in there. A bit off topic but along similar lines. Did you see where Taggart supposedly did not have an official contract at FSU? How the hell does that even happen? On both sides. Just interesting to think about terms and the fact that the university may end up not owing him a dime in buyout.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT