ADVERTISEMENT

Struggling to stay positive with this experiment

Sep 18, 2010
Name one good win in 3 years. Top 5 worst teams in our conference at home on a Saturday with a season best crowd and we don't show up. Embarrassingly obvious that we are a one trick pony and if our 3's don't go we have no other option. And I am sick of this team playing with zero intensity and over confident like they will just outscore everyone they play. This was a HORRIBLE night for Danny. Year 3...

And can you imagine if Elmore didn't show up in our lap? Where would this program be without that stroke of good luck? Danny had zero to do with Elmore's scholly. I know everyone has talked recruiting to death but seriously what has Danny done in 3 years? That is why as a die hard fan I am really starting to struggle with this experiment...

Bottom line our players (white) can not defend big fast strong teams. Our players made a 5-win team look like MTSU. Lots of teams lost today...Ky @ home, Carolina on the road; Noles on the road. HELP is on the way---next year! Shot 12 % from beyond 3-point line. Don't rag on Danny. He is doing a good job. Great bunch of kids (miss Duhon's coaching)......Players winning in the (classroom & citizenship).... they (kids) are not top CUSA caliber. It is what it is.

HEART plays DEFENSE.

Positives: Austin Loop passed Tamar Slay with most 3-balls made.....Ryan Taylor moved into Top 10 all-time scoring, passing George Washington.

HerdZilla22

Name one good win in 3 years. Top 5 worst teams in our conference at home on a Saturday with a season best crowd and we don't show up. Embarrassingly obvious that we are a one trick pony and if our 3's don't go we have no other option. And I am sick of this team playing with zero intensity and over confident like they will just outscore everyone they play. This was a HORRIBLE night for Danny. Year 3...

And can you imagine if Elmore didn't show up in our lap? Where would this program be without that stroke of good luck? Danny had zero to do with Elmore's scholly. I know everyone has talked recruiting to death but seriously what has Danny done in 3 years? That is why as a die hard fan I am really starting to struggle with this experiment...

This board would rather you speak with Alternative Facts when talking about the basketball team

Reactions: dangerousdaneerfan
Sorry but I have to add that I cannot believe Danny would use Duhon's exit as his excuse for getting embarrassed at home by a last place team. That post game interview was a joke. It's unbelievable really...A guy gets arrested twice and is forced to resign and the players can't show up and play? If that were Doc we would all be going nuts right now...

Sorry but I have to add that I cannot believe Danny would use Duhon's exit as his excuse for getting embarrassed at home by a last place team. That post game interview was a joke. It's unbelievable really...A guy gets arrested twice and is forced to resign and the players can't show up and play? If that were Doc we would all be going nuts right now...

He is pathetic point blank. Problem is too many think he is the greatest basketball coach ever and his HS system is unstoppable.

Without the ability to play defense, and have something the resembles an inside game both on offense and defense. We will be nothing more than a mediocre 1 trick pony that chucks up way too many 3s

Brando...It is apparent you don't know sports
. Chris Duhon loved and was loved by this team. Danny & Chris like each other a Hell of a lot. His termination is a major blow to our program, yet you talk shit about Chris's two arrests. He is a young Dad, has a wife that is a professor @ Marshall.

YET, HE WITHOUT SIN...CAST THE FIRST STONE! This year's Presidential Election has created a sense of hatred toward anything...anybody. No one is safe from public abuse.

Many on this board has scolded Chris Duhon like he is a murderer. Who in their lifetime has not gotten drunk? Who has driven intoxicated? It doesn't make it right---but Cast The First Stone. How many [on this board] drink a lot at Herd Tailgate parties and DRIVE away into the night? Cast the first stone. Who jumped on Mike Hamrick's ass because he shut down the open bar (funded by Marshall) because some of the honored players did not want to go inside to be recognized for their Top Ten national ranking---some wanted to remain in the parking lot and drink FREE off of Marshall. Cast the First Stone.

Chuck Landon did not write this part of the story. I have drank with Chuck over the years at various establishments in Huntington. I have witnessed him intoxicated......Let Chuck -----Cast The First Stone.

Damn it, I'm pissed at some of you folks. Cast your Stones at Me.

Danny does not recruit "thugs" to represent Marshall. Football players (that major Florida schools pass on due to bad character or baggage) are extended scholarships to play in Huntington. I'm not ragging on Doc. I like Doc a lot and he knows this. Doc has a hard job at Marshall keeping the critics as lame as possible. Criticism comes with his territory. He wears Big Boy Pants.....and probably doesn't "Give a Big Quack" what you write or speak about him & his hard working staff. Cast The First Stones Doc's way....

Let's set the Record Straight!

HerdZilla22 (Gary Sweeney in Charlotte)

Good HERD Night....

Last edited:
Reactions: Clarence Woodworth
6 and 14 wins by 23 on our floor , amazing...then again not so amazing.

And please do not try to blame this catastrophic loss on "the officials" you do not lose by 23 at home due to "the officials".

6 wins 14 losses , come to Huntington and run the home team out of the gym..whew...wonder what UTEP player had a "career" game ?

The explanation for this loss should be a real hoot to listen to or read about...something like ------
We were not ready to play , thought we were but obviously we were not , I take full responsibility for not having our team ready to go
Then - we just could not find a groove , could not get into a flow , they made us play their game.
The officials were questionable , too many calls that could have gone either way and they did not ( as the home team) go our way.
The Cam was take your pick
1. Too hot
2. Too cold
3 Lights were too bright
4.Lights were too dim
5. Scoreboard malfunctioned
6. AD failed to show up ( physically there but mentally was off in a dream world)
7 Ball was under inflated
8 Ball was overinflated
9 Our shoes were too old ( had played two games and needed new shoes , AD wont spring for new shoes
10 Shoe laces were to long , kept tripping over them
11.Popcorn was stale
12. Hotdogs were left overs from football season

and in the end - It was all Bill Legg's fault.

It is apparent you don't know sports.

Carolina, I do know sports. I also know that Duhon's exit should NEVER have been brought up multiple times in your post game interview as an excuse. Chris is the only one to blame for his exit. This team never showed up tonight. We have started slow multiple times this year (when Chris was still a member of the coaching staff). The FACTS are if we don't hit 3's we lose. Real Herd fans, and by REAL I mean not BLIND ASS FANS, just question if we will ever find a way in this system to win games if the long ball isn't falling. It's an honest question and excuses don't help. This doesn't change my love for the program and I will watch every game. But as a true fan who has watched every game I am starting to question the direction of the program. I don't feel like I'm alone...

Reactions: Herd Fever
Without the ability to play defense, and have something the resembles an inside game both on offense and defense. We will be nothing more than a mediocre 1 trick pony that chucks up way too many 3s

I will inform Danny that (HERD FEVER) wants to replace Chris Duhon on his staff. I will handle your contract......I am saying your coaching worth to be minimum wage. Marshall get off cheap with your hire.

Gary Sweeney

6 and 14 wins by 23 on our floor , amazing...then again not so amazing.

And please do not try to blame this catastrophic loss on "the officials" you do not lose by 23 at home due to "the officials".

6 wins 14 losses , come to Huntington and run the home team out of the gym..whew...wonder what UTEP player had a "career" game ?

The explanation for this loss should be a real hoot to listen to or read about...something like ------
We were not ready to play , thought we were but obviously we were not , I take full responsibility for not having our team ready to go
Then - we just could not find a groove , could not get into a flow , they made us play their game.
The officials were questionable , too many calls that could have gone either way and they did not ( as the home team) go our way.
The Cam was take your pick
1. Too hot
2. Too cold
3 Lights were too bright
4.Lights were too dim
5. Scoreboard malfunctioned
6. AD failed to show up ( physically there but mentally was off in a dream world)
7 Ball was under inflated
8 Ball was overinflated
9 Our shoes were too old ( had played two games and needed new shoes , AD wont spring for new shoes
10 Shoe laces were to long , kept tripping over them
11.Popcorn was stale
12. Hotdogs were left overs from football season

and in the end - It was all Bill Legg's fault.

At least we cant blame Obama anymore.

Carolina, I do know sports. I also know that Duhon's exit should NEVER have been brought up multiple times in your post game interview as an excuse. Chris is the only one to blame for his exit. This team never showed up tonight. We have started slow multiple times this year (when Chris was still a member of the coaching staff). The FACTS are if we don't hit 3's we lose. Real Herd fans, and by REAL I mean not BLIND ASS FANS, just question if we will ever find a way in this system to win games if the long ball isn't falling. It's an honest question and excuses don't help. This doesn't change my love for the program and I will watch every game. But as a true fan who has watched every game I am starting to question the direction of the program. I don't feel like I'm alone...

Shhhhh we dont know basketball lol

And dont worry Iran Bennett might be out there or the next year.

Until then let it rain

BRANDO----I will call Mike Hamrick Monday and inform him, you & some of "your pop corn buddies" want to apply for the Marshall Head Basketball position next year. You will work for Cheap and save our AD lots of money. You will coach well (challenge Coach K's record) because of your excellent record from row R @ The Cam......because you are Noted as a REAL HERD FAN. You have great eyesite (not a BLIND ASS FAN) and you have a system guaranteed to WIN. You did not explain your recruiting knowledge or what X & Os you will employ. Leave that mystery to us BLIND ASS FANS to determine...at a time to be determined.

HerdZilla22 (Gary Sweeney...704.555.1212) in Charlotte

BRING ON BANDO'S HERD...............He has NEVER drank a BEER.....attends Church 7-days a WEEK......

Live by the 3, die by the 3...we have no other options.

No hard nose defense, no inside game, no ball movement. Way too much dribbling tonight, and no depth off the bench.

Danny says "It's a long season" I AGREE !!!

BRANDO----I will call Mike Hamrick Monday and inform him, you & some of "your pop corn buddies" want to apply for the Marshall Head Basketball position next year. You will work for Cheap and save our AD lots of money. You will coach well (challenge Coach K's record) because of your excellent record from row R @ The Cam......because you are Noted as a REAL HERD FAN. You have great eyesite (not a BLIND ASS FAN) and you have a system guaranteed to WIN. You did not explain your recruiting knowledge or what X & Os you will employ. Leave that mystery to us BLIND ASS FANS to determine...at a time to be determined.

HerdZilla22 (Gary Sweeney...704.555.1212) in Charlotte

BRING ON BANDO'S HERD...............He has NEVER drank a BEER.....attends Church 7-days a WEEK......

Why old people should stay off the internet. Dont have a heart attack.

The team is a mediocre 1 trick pony team who cant rebound or the defend bigger stronger more athletic teams. Most have accepted it already

Even if we hit all of our shots.....

We still let a 5 win team score 90 points

It's the _Antoni way. No focus on defense. Just hope you can score a lot of points.

Didn't see his post game, but if ue really blamed this loss on a drunk assistant coach that is truly pathetic.

Zilla, I certainly hope through your family connections that you have some inside knowledge that the rest of us aren't privy to when you comment, seriously, I presume, that "help is on the way". From the guys on the Herd network tonight again came the word that it still looks like that NEITHER of the BIGs Danny has signed from Hargrave could be eligible in the 2017-18 season. So we have a 5'8" or so high school point guard coming in from Clarksburg, another 6'5" or 6'6" high school player, from Virginia, presumably another guy who wants to launch 3s five seconds into an offensive possession, and a 6'2" transfer guard from Wake Forest who averaged about 2 ppg. Oh, and we have a 6'9" kid from Georgia who is red shirting this season who apparently will have to hustle to beat out all those "veteran talented bigs" we have coming back like Nikolic, Penava and Milan. Unless Danny has a surprise heretofore unknown talented recruit in tow, perhaps a grad transfer or two like Kelly, the "help" you allude to, Zilla, does NOT INSPIRE a lot of hope or promise for 2017-18 among us long, long suffering, AND AGING RAPIDLY, HERD BASKETBALL FANS!!!!

Lots of good teams lost today but they didn't fall off the cliff like Marshall. I DO believe in DD and his system, problem is we are 3 big men away. Be patient , year 3 and we are in the running to win CUSA.

Zilla, I certainly hope through your family connections that you have some inside knowledge that the rest of us aren't privy to when you comment, seriously, I presume, that "help is on the way". From the guys on the Herd network tonight again came the word that it still looks like that NEITHER of the BIGs Danny has signed from Hargrave could be eligible in the 2017-18 season. So we have a 5'8" or so high school point guard coming in from Clarksburg, another 6'5" or 6'6" high school player, from Virginia, presumably another guy who wants to launch 3s five seconds into an offensive possession, and a 6'2" transfer guard from Wake Forest who averaged about 2 ppg. Oh, and we have a 6'9" kid from Georgia who is red shirting this season who apparently will have to hustle to beat out all those "veteran talented bigs" we have coming back like Nikolic, Penava and Milan. Unless Danny has a surprise heretofore unknown talented recruit in tow, perhaps a grad transfer or two like Kelly, the "help" you allude to, Zilla, does NOT INSPIRE a lot of hope or promise for 2017-18 among us long, long suffering, AND AGING RAPIDLY, HERD BASKETBALL FANS!!!!

OLDEHERD
.....Per Danny's demands...I am not to share our private talks. Danny & Doc do not read message boards. (SMART MOVE). If you want to know, go to Dan's next Coach Speak and ask him directly who's coming and their eligibility to play at Marshall. The second semester has just started at Hargrave....time enough to improve GPAs.

HerdZilla22...off to Church and then the Golf Couse. Living in Carolina is GREAT.

First Black President? I would label him America's FIRST White-Black President. Disput that fact, Fever.

HerdZilla22

Either way, Dandy Dan has 2 more season until forced retirement. I dont see him as the coach for very long unless we raise the bar from being a mediocre program. Maybe then we can finally get some American Born Inner City Alpha Male big men.

Reactions: sistersville
I want to comment, but can't think of a thing to say that makes any sense among those posting. Anyone want to talk about the facts of the performance of the team, and the lack of ability to play but one style of basketball; that won't work against teams with anyone over 6.9?

Reactions: 31Herd55
Please keep politics off of this board! I come here to read about and discuss Herd sports, not to expose myself to the ramblings of the ignorant, bigoted and uniformed.

As far as the BB team is concerned, they are nowhere near as good or as bad as many believe. They are a flawed team with some talent but lacks the athletes and defensive capabilities to compete in the upper echelon of most conferences in the country.

Last edited by a moderator:
We need good players. Black sure doesnt guarantee they are good. Cough cough look at football team. I am for a new black qb whos last name is gaines.

Last edited:
We need good players. Black sure dowsnt guarantee they are good. Cough cough look at football team. I am for a new black qb

Could it be that regardless of the race of players that coaching is the REAL culprit? If one would have told me when I was at MU in the early 70s that America would have this intense preoccupation with race in 2017, I would not have believed it. Sad.

Reactions: sistersville
OLDEHERD.....Per Danny's demands...I am not to share our private talks. Danny & Doc do not read message boards. (SMART MOVE). If you want to know, go to Dan's next Coach Speak and ask him directly who's coming and their eligibility to play at Marshall. The second semester has just started at Hargrave....time enough to improve GPAs.

HerdZilla22...off to Church and then the Golf Couse. Living in Carolina is GREAT.

Apparently Zilla you aren't privy to the fact that the problem with the big man's (at Hargrave) potential eligibility has little or nothing to do with his grades, GPAs, at that school. Supposedly, wherever he attended prior to Hargrave has had some problems with their record keeping, credentials, etc., and NCAA doesn't want to accredit the student athlete's academic work performed there. So, nothing accomplished at Hargrave the second semester will alter that fact or the student athlete's potential eligibility at MU.

Yes coaching could cut through that. Dcherd how would the board survive without ALL your posts.

Admittedly, I don't post here much. However, I do enjoy reading the opinions and insights of those who are more active. And from your response to my post, I now I see why many see you as an asshole extraordinaire.

Admittedly, I don't post here much. However, I do enjoy reading the opinions and insights of those who are more active. And from your response to my post, I now I see why many see you as an asshole extraordinaire.
Yep good at it. Lol. Anybody who doesnt wear green glasses is an asshole. Sweeny cuts me some slack so im alright

Good thing is I don't know crap about basketball but I enjoy watching the Herd. Basketball has been fun mostly , football this year not so much.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT