ADVERTISEMENT

Survey finds college graduates have unrealistic expectations about first-year salaries

I interviewed a young punk a couple weeks back. Couldn't make up my mind whether to hire the clown or not, but one of the others that assisted in the interview process felt they had potential, so I wrote up an offer letter, only to find out THE CLOWN wanted to start out at $15,000.00 more than the current highest paid person doing that very same job, someone that's been doing it for the past 12 years. Same college degree from the same college (WMU). That would have been a starting salary of $76,500.00, with ZERO EXPERIENCE.

#TakeAHikeClown

I interviewed a young punk a couple weeks back. Couldn't make up my mind whether to hire the clown or not, but one of the others that assisted in the interview process felt they had potential, so I wrote up an offer letter, only to find out THE CLOWN wanted to start out at $15,000.00 more than the current highest paid person doing that very same job, someone that's been doing it for the past 12 years. Same college degree from the same college (WMU). That would have been a starting salary of $76,500.00, with ZERO EXPERIENCE.

#TakeAHikeClown
Went to a job fair, high school kids, with no experience. I was there just to see one of my customers. This kids asks me about it. He said, I might be itnerested but, I bet they only pay $10 or $15 an hour. I said, I don't knwo what they are paying for their internship you need to ask them.

Might want to lose the dread locks and get some experience before you go demanding money there buddy. Kid had zero experience doing anything. Zero. And walked up there demanding money. Let's see, they need a grunt labor, the job is to just do what he is told, and be a runner basicially for tools or whatever. And, he walks up there and starts demanding money and tells them they are not paying enough. Go be a statistic then, pal

Last edited:
Went to a job fair, high school kids, with no experience. I was there just to see one of my customers. This kids asks me about it. He said, I might be itnerested but, I bet they only pay $10 or $15 an hour. I said, I don't knwo what they are paying for their internship you need to ask them.

Might want to lose the dread locks and get some experience before you go demanding money there buddy. Kid had zero experience doing anything. Zero. And walked up there demanding money. Let's see, they need a grunt labor, the gut to just do what he is told, and be a runner basicially for tools or whatever. And, he walks up there and starts demanding money and tells them they are not paying enough. Go be a statistic then, pal
Your generation raised these shitheads.

No surprise that journalism students were overvaluing themselves more than any other group. Of course, if they knew how to do basic investigative research, they would have had the right answer. Irony.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT