ADVERTISEMENT

Tarheels hire Mack Brown

i am herdman

Platinum Buffalo
Gold Member
Mar 5, 2006
Going back to Chapel Hill again.

Didn't take long to replace Fedora.

I always thought Brown was a lot older than he really is as well. I believed ESPN had him penciled in as Corso's replacement some day.

Texas made a huge mistake pushing out Brown, of course, and is just now recovering as Strong's recruits are being flushed out.

The thing about the way too big ACC, and UNC is in the division with VPI and FSU, both of which are stuck with bad coaching hires for some years to come, is you can be petty mediocre and build up a good record if you miss the top teams.

Good hire by UNC.

I always thought Brown was a lot older than he really is as well. I believed ESPN had him penciled in as Corso's replacement some day.

Texas made a huge mistake pushing out Brown, of course, and is just now recovering as Strong's recruits are being flushed out.

The thing about the way too big ACC, and UNC is in the division with VPI and FSU, both of which are stuck with bad coaching hires for some years to come, is you can be petty mediocre and build up a good record if you miss the top teams.

Good hire by UNC.
Brown got complacent at Texas and started losing the in-state recruiting battles to the other Big-12 Texas schools and Oklahoma. He lost his job because he lost too much at a school that expected perfection every year. We'll see if he can produce at UNC, but I have my doubts at his age.

Reactions: ohio herd
Brown got complacent at Texas and started losing the in-state recruiting battles to the other Big-12 Texas schools and Oklahoma. He lost his job because he lost too much at a school that expected perfection every year. We'll see if he can produce at UNC, but I have my doubts at his age.
They hired Charlie Strong. That was a mistake. And, Florida State is in a real mess with their new coach. They need to dump that guy ASAP.

I actually think the Mack Brown hire is a good one for UNC.

Right now the rest of the ACC is light years behind Clemson.

Reactions: All4TheHerd
UNC needed to go for a coach they can plan to be there for years to come, not looking at retirement in a few years.

At least now I don't have to listed to Mack Brown on the ESPN studio football show. He doesn't have 'it' for TV.

Good hire by UNC.

It would probably break the space/time continuum if you did research.

Florida State is in the Atlantic, Va Tech and UNC are in the Coastal.

How in the world would you know or come to the unsubstantiated position that “Brown got complacent”? If you proceeded that statement with “in my opinion”, then I get it. But to state it as fact is BS. You don’t have any more of a clue than I do as to why Mack Brown was let go by Texas (in my opinion).

They hired Charlie Strong. That was a mistake. And, Florida State is in a real mess with their new coach. They need to dump that guy ASAP.

I actually think the Mack Brown hire is a good one for UNC.

Right now the rest of the ACC is light years behind Clemson.

I agree. I think it's a good hire on their part.

My guess is he's a gap filler that will hopefully get them back to at least being mediocre so they can attract a strong candidate in 2-3 years, then Mack will either go back to TV or get a cushy admin job.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT