ADVERTISEMENT

Tesla's Cybertruck

SamSwimmer

Platinum Buffalo
Aug 16, 2015
The more videos I watch of people driving the Cybertruck, the more I can't stand the design. It looks like someone put four wheels on an stainless steel industrial fridge. There's a lot in the software & tech that I really like, but my God is this an ugly truck (especially if you're paying $100k for it.)

The more videos I watch of people driving the Cybertruck, the more I can't stand the design. It looks like someone put four wheels on an stainless steel industrial fridge. There's a lot in the software & tech that I really like, but my God is this an ugly truck (especially if you're paying $100k for it.)
Looks like a beefed up version of a delorean

looks like something a bunch of rednecks welded together to put in a demolition derby.

EDIT: performance is highly impressive. out pulled an F350 and outran a porche 911 through the quarter while pulling a 911.

Last edited:
Heard a report today on statewide that EV's have 80% more reported issues than gas powered vehicles.

looks like something a bunch of rednecks welded together to put in a demolition derby.

EDIT: performance is highly impressive. out pulled an F350 and outran a porche 911 through the quarter while pulling a 911.
I'm not discounting any of the tech or performance, but holy shit this thing is ugly. My neighbor went all in on solar & EV's, one of which is a Rivian. Any start up is going to have issues, but I like the design of it far more than the Cybertruck.

Untitled-design-2022-10-07T112308.185-1024x597.png

The more videos I watch of people driving the Cybertruck, the more I can't stand the design. It looks like someone put four wheels on a stainless steel industrial fridge. There's a lot in the software & tech that I really like, but my God is this an ugly truck (especially if you're paying $100k for it.)
It took you seeing people actually driving it to hate the design? The second Elon smashed the window it should have been redesigned. That thing is hideous

Reactions: herdfan06
It took you seeing people actually driving it to hate the design? The second Elon smashed the window it should have been redesigned. That thing is hideous
Prototypes. I thought it would be similar but at some point, the design would be improved. I thought they could make it look more like a baja truck & it be miles better than what's coming out.

Reactions: Raoul Duke MU
As a Tesla owner, I would rather have an F-150 Lightning or Rivian R1T. I prefer a more traditional looking truck.

The Rivian looks as nice in person as it does online. It also actually looks like a truck.
I actually saw one driving around Hurricane a few months ago. It was nice looking, definitely a head turner for me. I've seen a handful of Lightnings recently, they are becoming slightly more common.

The same company that designed the new Roadster...
NextGenTeslaRoadster_%28cropped%29.jpg

Is putting this out...
Tesla-Cybertruck-GettyImages-1241146635.jpg
Not just the same company, the same lead designer.

It’s apparently supposed to be heavily influenced by the Delorean which I can kind of see but also why would you base a truck off a Delorean?

I actually saw one driving around Hurricane a few months ago. It was nice looking, definitely a head turner for me. I've seen a handful of Lightnings recently, they are becoming slightly more common.
I talked with a guy at Lowe's in Louisville last year who had just picked his up. He was an early adopter. He gave me the grand tour. It's an impressive vehicle. The footprint was bigger than I expected. I thought it would feel more like a Ridgeline but that's not the case at all, much beefier.

I am also partial because I read where Ford was considering investing so I jumped in, bought some stock, held on to it for a few weeks, and ended up making a cool couple of grand just playing around.

The SUV looks pretty sweet as well.

As a Tesla owner, I would rather have an F-150 Lightning or Rivian R1T. I prefer a more traditional looking truck.
Speaking of the F-150 Lightning, the issues reported last year with battery life while towing has me watching for people attempting a similar test to compare the two.

Not just the same company, the same lead designer.

It’s apparently supposed to be heavily influenced by the Delorean which I can kind of see but also why would you base a truck off a Delorean?

Maybe cocaine? Lots & lots of cocaine.

Watching a review of the truck from a tech reviewer (Marques Brownlee). I'm convinced Cybertruck is just like using Virtual Reality. An absolute ton of cool technology wrapped in the dumbest looking hardware possible.

I've never understood the logic of coal/natural gas producing states and their people opposing EVs so much as if they can only run on wind and solar. The primary sources of the electricity for EVs are coal/natural gas. These states should be 1000% behind them for their own economic reasons.

Reactions: HerdJC
I've never understood the logic of coal/natural gas producing states and their people opposing EVs so much as if they can only run on wind and solar. The primary sources of the electricity for EVs are coal/natural gas. These states should be 1000% behind them for their own economic reasons.
Especially West Virginia. You can thank a GOP senator who owns car lots for making it impossible to buy a Tesla in the state of WV.

This is extremely frustrating. I had to go to Columbus to pick up my Tesla. It was a good thing for that area as I turned it into a trip for the kids with an overnight stay, several meals, and a visit to Legoland. The dealership turned into tourism dollars for the area. I know several other local Tesla owners have done the same when they got theirs.

I will say the order process was the easiest thing I’ve ever done. Ordered it online, uploaded all my documents such as insurance through the app. Paid for the car electronically, then showed up signed three papers and was done in 15 minutes. Best car buying experience I’ve ever had.

Reactions: MStap
A WV state politician putting his personal financial interests above the rest of the state.... sounds about right.

Reactions: SamSwimmer
You talking about JC and me? I can't speak for him but I check in on this forum 1-2 times a week. I just don't have the desire, energy, or time to jump into the same ol' arguments that have been ongoing now for about a quarter century.

Yeah, that's it.

When Rivians first came out to the public, about a year ago, my neighborhood was overwhelmed with them much like it is with Teslas and Porsche Macans/Cayennes. A year later, I am guessing only 25% of the Rivians are still in the neighborhood.

I was told that most of these people used them for 6-12 months then ended up selling them for a $25k profit compared to what they bought it for when they first put down their deposit.

Don't you mean "my neighborhoods" or "one of my neighborhoods"???
No, because they weren't overwhelming in my other neighborhoods. More, considering I spend 150 nights a year in hotels - because ya' know, rich - I don't spend much time in places other than my main residence . . . not to mention two of them are rented out long-term.

I'm on a flight right now, and it's really sunny out, so I am expecting you to continue to be just as active, shadow.

Just admit you worded that wrong. Maybe working on grammar should be a "full time" job for you...
Again, your desperate attempts to find any error I make ruins threads and makes you look like an idiot.

Let’s say you have two sons. You go to a parent-teacher conference for one of them. When referring to your son in that conference, is it incorrect to say “my son” instead of “one of my sons”? Of course not, moron.

Oh, and take notes about how I used the end punctuation and quotation.

I guess I don’t understand the utter obsession you guys have with rifle. I have no reason not to believe what he says (given what I know about him, I don’t doubt him) but even if I did the lies would have no impact on me. Even if you don’t believe him, his posts are entertaining.

Again, your desperate attempts to find any error I make ruins threads and makes you look like an idiot

This is rich coming from the forum's "full time" grammar cop. You have made a "full time" job doing this to others.

I've got a busy week this week so feel free to make as many errors as you usually do.

I have to work "full-time" this week. I don't have a lot of time for your foolishness or "fool time"...

Let’s say you have two sons. You go to a parent-teacher conference for one of them. When referring to your son in that conference, is it incorrect to say “my son” instead of “one of my sons”? Of course not, moron.

Well critical thinking says since you are talking directly to the one son's teacher it would be "my son".

If I were discussing this matter with someone else, say a counselor or principal, you would designate which son and which teacher.

Bad analogy. Try again.

This is rich coming from the forum's "full time" grammar cop. You have made a "full time" job doing this to others.

L
Nope. I have done it to people who have done it to others and/or who have questioned my intelligence. My corrections are accurate. Almost all of your attempts, like the one in this thread, are desperate attempts trying to claim an error that doesn’t exist.

Well critical thinking says since you are talking directly to the one son's teacher it would be "my son".

If I were discussing this matter with someone else, say a counselor or principal, you would designate which son and which teacher.

Bad analogy. Try again.
Wrong again, shadow. If you have two sons and were sharing a story about one on here, using “my son” instead of “one of my sons” is not an error.

Nope. I have done it to people who have done it to others and/or who have questioned my intelligence. My corrections are accurate. Almost all of your attempts, like the one in this thread, are desperate attempts trying to claim an error that doesn’t exist

Whatever you say "fool-time"...

A fool like you persists in his follies...

Reactions: 19MU88
ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT