ADVERTISEMENT

That bolgona with the red string

See this is why we can’t be friends. That’s like adding a mustache to the Mona Lisa.

And you're an unrepentant California liberal...😉

images

When I was a kid it was mayo on a bologna sandwich but one day I was cutting hay and we only had some yellow mustard and it was game over from that point on...

Reactions: 30CAT
It was a sad day in 2002 when Fischer's packing in Louisville closed, because that was the best damn bologna in America. I'm not sure who bought them, but it's not the same.

I actually toured that plant in the mid 80s. It was outdated then. Plus it was multi-level so the work flow wasn't very efficient when compared to newer plants. And yes I was still able to eat hot dogs and bologna after the tour.

Reactions: Raoul Duke MU
Extra thick fried with the edges burned. On white bread with Kraft plastic singles, yellow mustard and a side of Snyder’s rippled chips. Top it off with a Mt Olive sweet whole pickle and a glass of iced tea. SWEET.

Extra thick fried with the edges burned. On white bread with Kraft plastic singles, yellow mustard and a side of Snyder’s rippled chips. Top it off with a Mt Olive sweet whole pickle and a glass of iced tea. SWEET.
Add some cayenne seasoning to the bologna and it's perfect.

Reactions: 30CAT
No cheese. h&h is right, fried bologna only needs mustard. Everything else is good.

Reactions: 30CAT and imherdfan
Best fried bologna sandwiches are made in Smithers WV by the Italian mafia. Thick slice of bologna, thick slice of onion, pickles, and a special sauce. Big AL Falbo mastered many sandwiches, including the famous AL Burger. They now serve Big Al's original food at the Burger Carte.

Best fried bologna sandwiches are made in Smithers WV by the Italian mafia. Thick slice of bologna, thick slice of onion, pickles, and a special sauce. Big AL Falbo mastered many sandwiches, including the famous AL Burger. They now serve Big Al's original food at the Burger Carte.
Never had it, but sounds damned good 😋

I mean, maybe for a special occasion, like a wedding reception or something. But you definitely have to add mayo.
To be fair, the only time a tomato should be brought out on a special occasion should be Mark Campbell appreciation day. Banker had taken part in two of these previous events, but not sure if he or anybody else has been successful in removing the head of the tomato. @riflearm2 have you taken part in these events, or simply been privy of reading the outlandish tales of past events?

@riflearm2 have you taken part in these events, or simply been privy of reading the outlandish tales of past events?
Of course not. John Paxon knows not to challenge Michael Jordan.

I can relate to this bologna conversation. lt reminds me of when times would get tough while growing up. We would have to forego our usual daily dinner of Kobe A5 Wagyu steak and lobster and settle for filet mignon and salmon. Those tough times really taught me a lot.

Of course not. John Paxon knows not to challenge Michael Jordan.

I can relate to this bologna conversation. lt reminds me of when times would get tough while growing up. We would have to forego our usual daily dinner of Kobe A5 Wagyu steak and lobster and settle for filet mignon and salmon. Those tough times really taught me a lot.
Cracker, please. You all were probably running around Corning on fumes in your 82 Datsun hatchback eating Vienna sausages and stale saltines.

Cracker, please. You all were probably running around Corning on fumes in your 82 Datsun hatchback eating Vienna sausages and stale saltines.
I don't know this to be true, so only an educated hypothesis on my part, but I imagine a poor rifle growing up in Northern Appalachia scrounging for dimes and quarters under the couch cushions and trying to sell flawed Corning dishes and glassware door to door to try to get enough money to buy 2nd hand turkey for Christmas dinner. We've all been there, and if my hypothesis is correct, so has rifle. They had a Nissan Sentra, and my family had a '73 Chevrolet impala. Might be hundreds of miles between us, but really, we're no different. I'm happy rifle is family.

I don't know this to be true, so only an educated hypothesis on my part, but I imagine a poor rifle growing up in Northern Appalachia scrounging for dimes and quarters under the couch cushions and trying to sell flawed Corning dishes and glassware door to door to try to get enough money to buy 2nd hand turkey for Christmas dinner. We've all been there, and if my hypothesis is correct, so has rifle. They had a Nissan Sentra, and my family had a '73 Chevrolet impala. Might be hundreds of miles between us, but really, we're no different. I'm happy rifle is family.
We had an Oldsmobile Toranado. Also an AMC Hornet. rifle is one of us.

I got drunk one night in college and came home make a fried bologna sandwich. Little did I know the bologna was old as hell but it was too burnt and I was too drunk to notice. The next few days were hell and I have not been able to eat bologna since.

Reactions: i am herdman
With a slice of homegrown tomato...
I have a firm rule: mustard and tomato do not mix. And I won't put Mayo on bologna because I am not a barbarian.
I actually toured that plant in the mid 80s. It was outdated then.
I'm not surprised, I recall that it was there forever.

Another old Louisville brand I fondly recall is Paramount pickles. It used to smell like pickles by the plant on Fern Valley Road lol.

Reactions: ThunderCat98
I've had it. It's fantastic.

I have a firm rule: mustard and tomato do not mix. And I won't put Mayo on bologna because I am not a barbarian.

Like I said I was mayo with bologna when I was a kid. Early teens I was cutting hay and ate what was provided on the tailgate of a pickup. It was white bread, yellow mustard, home grown tomatoes and thick cut bologna in the shade of the banks of the Big Sandy River. It's been game over since then. In fact I only eat bologna in the summer when the tomatoes are good.

You might try it sometime. I also use A-1, not for my steak but for my baked potato. I've gotten funny looks by people before only to see them doing the same at a later meal.

I'm not surprised, I recall that it was there forever.

Another old Louisville brand I fondly recall is Paramount pickles. It used to smell like pickles by the plant on Fern Valley Road lol.

My parents lived for several years in Louisville before I was born but was somewhat familiar with it because of that. They subscribed to the Courier-Journal for many years after they moved.

I was today's years old when I read this a few months ago.

Reactions: Raoul Duke MU
ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT