ADVERTISEMENT

The China threat is real

You can eat a dick because I can almost guarantee that they were concerned long before it crossed over the US Canada border.

They did not want to pass off China before Blinken's trip there.
You were a God hating liar yesterday and you're a God hating liar today.

I think reasonable people can disagree about the risk/benefit of shooting it down over Alaska/Montana versus what was done.

I suspect the final decision will not end up being seen favorably in the coming weeks. I could be wrong.

We will see.
Take it up with the military.

Biggest problem with that is thinking EG is reasonable and you can engage him in any form of rational discourse. You can't...
One of the biggest problem on this board and across the U S is a bunch of lying conspiracy believing/creating conservative idiots.

it only crossed Alaska once idiot. There are plenty of places in Alaska it could have been shot down with absolutely no risk to persons or property
Alaska isn't the only state, you lying moron. If you don't like where the balloon was shot down, TAKE IT UP WITH THE MILITARY.

Let’s think about this too…if the media got one hint that Trump didn’t shoot down a Chinese spy balloon you think they wouldn’t be blasting that on every station?

So either it happened and was never leaked or it didn’t happen.

50:50 shot, right?

It gets back to what is doing the heavy lifting here - safety of shooting it down. Certainly a risk/benefit analysis. The rest is noise IMO.

Because the claim we “needed to get intel from it” goes out the door if you’re claiming this has happened before, because surely if it did we had signals/data from it then too.

I think reasonable people can disagree about the risk/benefit of shooting it down over Alaska/Montana versus what was done.

I suspect the final decision will not end up being seen favorably in the coming weeks. I could be wrong.

We will see.
the debris field was about 7 square miles. Now, would you rather find those pieces over a land mass or in 45 feet of saltwater?

There was plent of open space in Alaska or Montana. In reality the damn things should have been shot down over the Pacifice or over the Aleutian Islands.

My opinion is that the admin/govt knew it and were hoping nobody saw the damn thing. Then, once it became known they were under pressure to do somthing.

Fox News has also learned that at least one Chinese spy balloon flew over portions of Texas and Florida during the Trump administration, despite the former president's insistence it never happened
The official told Fox News that "this information was discovered after the [Trump] administration left."

"They went undetected," the official told Fox News Digital.

the debris field was about 7 square miles. Now, would you rather find those pieces over a land mass or in 45 feet of saltwater?

There was plent of open space in Alaska or Montana. In reality the damn things should have been shot down over the Pacifice or over the Aleutian Islands.

My opinion is that the admin/govt knew it and were hoping nobody saw the damn thing. Then, once it became known they were under pressure to do somthing.
How much of the debris was damage capable versus a balloon fragment? Looks like from video they shot just superior to the hardware and in the lower 1/3 of the balloon .

I’m certainly Monday morning QBing here (on a message board, so it ain’t worth Jack), but I’d say you could shoot balloon and significantly minimize damage capable debris radius.

You think those things because you're an idiot.

You think those things because you're an idiot.
woud you rather get a debris field on land or in 45 feet of saltwater, miles off shore. Oh, in the winter? in the middle of the ocean?

Now, if our defense is to shoot down things that may cause us harm then why would you not shoot it down before it went across the continental USA and over major military installations, inluding 2 sites of th nuclear triad?

woud you rather get a debris field on land or in 45 feet of saltwater, miles off shore. Oh, in the winter? in the middle of the ocean?

Now, if our defense is to shoot down things that may cause us harm then why would you not shoot it down before it went across the continental USA and over major military installations, inluding 2 sites of th nuclear triad?
Biden did not want to piss off his bosses over there in China. He let the balloon do what they wanted it to do and then blew it up when it was finished.

Reactions: mlblack16.
woud you rather get a debris field on land or in 45 feet of saltwater, miles off shore.
I would rather the debris field land on something other than little Johnny's/Jenny's head.
If our defense is only to shoot things down. We've already lost.

Biden did not want to piss off his bosses over there in China. He let the balloon do what they wanted it to do and then blew it up when it was finished.
God hating lying conspiracy theorist. Perhaps you're exactly right about the last part of your stupidity, and we're going to piece the parts back together so we can blame it on your orange jesus.

I wonder how much Hunter was paid for the whole balloon thing, you know the big guy got his standard 10%

I would rather the debris field land on something other than little Johnny's/Jenny's head.

If our defense is only to shoot things down. We've already lost.
There's plenty of open space in Alaska and Montana. And, in the Pacific.

I’m still surprised we don’t have some sort of drone that could’ve snipped the supports and brought it down clean.

I’m still surprised we don’t have some sort of drone that could’ve snipped the supports and brought it down clean.
This could have changed, but I heard the actual equipment the balloon was carrying was the length of 2 school buses. I think this probably was far too heavy, even if it were floating at an altitude drones could reach.

I get your thought process, and would imagine if it were something they had time to engineer the right equipment to pull that off they would, but not within the few days of its trajectory.

Can you link where someone other than “administrative sources” claim this?

I saw somewhere where it said this was the first time it was in us airspace an extended period of time. One thing said had skirted air space in Alaska before maybe.

It may be correct but color me skeptical of anonymous sources .
CNN reported on Sunday that the Pentagon had briefed Congress of previous Chinese surveillance balloons during the Trump administration that flew near Texas and Florida.

Rep. Michael Waltz (R) confirmed in a statement to CNN that “currently, we understand there were incursions near Florida and Texas,

CNN reported on Sunday that the Pentagon had briefed Congress of previous Chinese surveillance balloons during the Trump administration that flew near Texas and Florida.

Rep. Michael Waltz (R) confirmed in a statement to CNN that “currently, we understand there were incursions near Florida and Texas,
The same ones that went undetected until about a week ago?

How pathetic of a POTUS/administration do you have to be to resort to lying about something like this in order to cover your own incompetence?

You don't think the traitorous lower level staff wouldn't have easily leaked this information if it actually happened? They were constantly on the lookout, trying to find anything on Trump.

Oh and Greed, don't forget that you're a lying COCK GOBBLER

'Cause that's probably all they were doing.
They were using your wifi to look at the most horrendous of p0rn.
by telling us this was all just a coincidence.
It is entirely possible the upper level jet could do that. And if that is the case, and the Chinese are that good at predicting such things, I wish to subscribe to their weather model.

This could have changed, but I heard the actual equipment the balloon was carrying was the length of 2 school buses. I think this probably was far too heavy, even if it were floating at an altitude drones could reach.

I get your thought process, and would imagine if it were something they had time to engineer the right equipment to pull that off they would, but not within the few days of its trajectory.
Yeah that’s bigger than I expected. Must’ve been getting lots of great weather data with that.

Still feel like you could’ve made the debris field smaller and recovered more by cutting it down even if we couldn’t bring it down in a controlled way but F22 go brrrrrr

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT