ADVERTISEMENT

Top places to marry your 1st cousin

A deeper dive lists Hawaii, NY, and CA as the top 3.

Is it illegal in West Virginia to eat caviar while driving a Ferrari, reading The Economist, and flossing their teeth? Why isn't that illegal? It's because nobody in WV eats caviar, drives a Ferrari, reads, nor practices dental care. So there is no need to tie up legislation and pass that type of law there.

Likewise, in states like NY, Hawaii, and California, nobody marries their first-cousin. Therefore, it is a waste of time, money, and resources to make things that nobody does illegal.

On the other hand, there is a reason why states like WV, Mississippi, Arkansas, Kentucky, Wyoming, Idaho, the Dakotas, etc. have made it illegal. It's because they had to stop their own people from doing that shit. The fact that you and Crispy Lips have recently Googled where it is legal to marry your cousin speaks volumes.

Is it illegal in West Virginia to eat caviar while driving a Ferrari, reading The Economist, and flossing their teeth? Why isn't that illegal? It's because nobody in WV eats caviar, drives a Ferrari, reads, nor practices dental care. So there is no need to tie up legislation and pass that type of law there.

Likewise, in states like NY, Hawaii, and California, nobody marries their first-cousin. Therefore, it is a waste of time, money, and resources to make things that nobody does illegal.

On the other hand, there is a reason why states like WV, Mississippi, Arkansas, Kentucky, Wyoming, Idaho, the Dakotas, etc. have made it illegal. It's because they had to stop their own people from doing that shit. The fact that you and Crispy Lips have recently Googled where it is legal to marry your cousin speaks volumes.
You do realize that Hawaii is literally the most inbred state there is, don’t you? People stuck on small assed islands with not much of a choice until the evil white man arrived.

• Haha
Reactions: 30CAT and KyMUfan

So you banged your cousin but it was legal?

You do realize that Hawaii is literally the most inbred state there is, don’t you? People stuck on small assed islands with not much of a choice until the evil white man arrived.
Nope. Guess again. Eastern Kentucky is the mecca, and not coincidentally, it also borders West Virginia.

So you banged your cousin but it was legal?
When I was 13, I saw an older cousin for the first time since I was a very young child. She was 20 or 21 and a waitress at Hooters (Middle Class Murox has instant wood now) in Lakeland, Florida. I was ready to join you hillbillies and inbreed. The Detroit Tigers had Spring Training in Lakeland, and she got to know a lot of them quite well. I'm guessing she was sweet Lou Whitaker's sidepiece before being pushed over to Cecil Fielder.

🥱 🥱 🥱

When early navigators reported on Hawaii, its practices and customs, one of the most often mentioned features of the archipelago was the practice of incest among members of the royal families.

...Hawaii, where special care was taken to select the nearest possible relative as a wife for a high chief.

Now that Polynesians are getting DNA tested, we come up as 1st, 2nd or 3rd cousins for the most part, usually sharing more than 50cM, sometimes as high as 500cM and with multiple segments, which they say is consistent with an endogamous group. In particular are the high shared percentages among Maoris of New Zealand and Kanaka (Maoli) of Hawai’i.

Reactions: Jartard
ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT