ADVERTISEMENT

Trump tells Curry

Ignore the so-called Marine. You're much smarter than him. He disrespects the President with his words, so his rant regarding how he learned to respect everyone is nothing more than complete and utter bullshit.

Whenever I feel the need to justify myself to the likes of you please remind me. You're an afterthought to me unless I'm on this board

Trump could have improved the perception of his presidency tenfold by simply never using social media. It's hard for me to imagine how the president of the most powerful nation on earth is still so in need of attention that he babbles daily on Twitter. It's as if being president isn't enough.

As far as the NFL and the anthem...these players better pay attention to where all their millions of dollars come from. I support their right to kneel during the anthem if they choose. But I also support the right of the millions of people who decide not to watch, attend, and buy NFL related games and products. These players think their ability is making them money...and to a certain extent it is. But their money is really being made by the millions of people that pay to see them. If that dries up, let's see how far their 40 times carries them in the work force.

Yeah and let liberals control all the media.

And there's the problem in itself. One side thinks their side is all that matters. I tell myself as a vet, as someone who wore a uniform, as someone who swore to defend the constitutional rights of all Americans. The flag and constitution to me stands for ALL PEOPLE, not just a select few. The military helped me learn how to respect all people, and it started when I was assigned a 3 man room with a black man from Compton CA, and a Mexican American from Brownsville Texas, who remain my best friends to this day. I think Colin K should be looked at as someone who gave up a lot to help bring issues to light. He's not a villain, he's an American who was given a birth right to stand up or in his case kneel for what he believes in. I, as a vet applaud him for it and no amount of rhetoric from anyone on this board, the public, social media, or a bigot President will ever change my mind.

Thanks for your service but not exactly sure what bunking with minorities and an average pro QB who chose to not except a contract extension from the one team that drafted him has much to do with this specific discussion. Kap rolled the dice...he lost. So goes business and life.

I for one also believe he has the freedom to choose to stand or not stand for an anthem. Individual players and teams also have the freedom to choose. I also have the right to choose whether to watch or not watch an "entertainment" product based on the introduction of political narratives and commentary into that product. That doesn't make me a racist or a bigot. No amount of social media or public will change my thought on that either.

Ignore the so-called Marine. You're much smarter than him. He disrespects the President with his words, so his rant regarding how he learned to respect everyone is nothing more than complete and utter bullshit.

I don't respect the President as a person, he's not given me much of a reason to do so. Just like you, and fever with his racist bigotry on this board you're all the same to me.

Buckeye's obsession of my thoughts and opinions continues....

Don't know what Trump shooting someone has anything to do with this specific thread though? Lol. You've been laughed off some other threads, might as well continue the trend.
Yes I'm sure you have a trump shrine you jerk off at every night. Talk about obsession. Good lord.

What this is really about is trumps dangerous disregard for the constitution. The Collin kapernick
story is old. What we are talking about today is the fact that trump stated in his opinion that you should be fired for speaking your mind. The only reason you are talking about it today. End of story.

Conversely, the NFL could have a real problem on it's hands if Trump is shallow enough -- and we all know he is -- to beat this into the ground. Who is the NFL's target audience? Straight white males. Who are trump supporters? Same folks.

While the hardcore fans will dismiss his rantings, many will choose politics over one form of entertainment. This will be interesting to watch. Personally, I have lost almost all interest in watching sports. I haven't watched a single sporting event other than Marshall football and basketball in its entirety in 2-3 years.

Lebron James has just about the same amount of followers as Trump on twitter and that's just one elite athlete. I would say people care just as much about what athletes say than Trump
A number for Twitter followers is not an indication of popularity. Anybody can actually buy (or create) them. What's amazing is it's not a secret, but journalists pretend like it's some measure of a mandate.

Whenever I feel the need to justify myself to the likes of you please remind me. You're an afterthought to me unless I'm on this board
I couldn't care less what you think of me. You pound your chest constantly to the drum beat of the Marine Corp. Real Marines would be ashamed of your disrespect for a sitting commander in chief.

Reactions: 19MU88
I couldn't care less what you think of me. You pound your chest constantly to the drum beat of the Marine Corp. Real Marines would be ashamed of your disrespect for a sitting commander in chief.
You can respect the office and not the office holder. Those two things aren’t mutually exclusive

Reactions: Herd Fever
Piss on the nfl. The flag is a reminder of all those who died to protect our freedom.Its an example of how messed up the younger generation is. The steelers stayed in the locker room. Not sure what they meant by hiding in the locker room.

Conversely, the NFL could have a real problem on it's hands if Trump is shallow enough -- and we all know he is -- to beat this into the ground. Who is the NFL's target audience? Straight white males. Who are trump supporters? Same folks.

While the hardcore fans will dismiss his rantings, many will choose politics over one form of entertainment. This will be interesting to watch. Personally, I have lost almost all interest in watching sports. I haven't watched a single sporting event other than Marshall football and basketball in its entirety in 2-3 years.

Honestly Rox no they won't. Conservatives and Trump supporters are the biggest full of crap people on earth when it comes to things like this. They bloviate over everything but if they ever have to do anything about it they don't do squat.

The same people on my Facebook who agreed with Trumps talk or disagree with the protests or bitch about political celebrities or anything else will also post about who won an Emmy or Oscar. They talk about shoes on networks that hate them, they watch movies that star actors and actresses that hate them. They will talk about what celebrity is dating who or what they are wearing.
Example I have a ton of conservative and Trump fans that are Steelers fans on my Facebook feed not one of them have made one comment on what the Steelers did before their game.

Conservatives sit back whine and bitch and then do nothing. They will continue to support things that hate everything about them. This will do nothing to the NFL and just makes Trump look more like a doofus than he already did.

Reactions: ARandomHerdFan
You can respect the office and not the office holder. Those two things aren’t mutually exclusive
Bullshit. If you're going to come to this site, and wrap yourself with the American flag, while tooting your Marine Corp bugle, then you should respect the sitting commander in chief. Once a Marine, always a Marine, right?

Bullshit. If you're going to come to this site, and wrap yourself with the American flag, while tooting your Marine Corp bugle, then you should respect the sitting commander in chief. Once a Marine, always a Marine, right?

Wrong I can say what I like, and yes I am and always will be a Marine. You will NEVER understand this bitch

I'm not sure I agree with this, but it's an interesting point. I don't think being in the Marines or any branch of the service means you have to respect the president or your superior officers. The respect is for the position and the office.

All that matters is whether they obey direct orders or not. That's what will break down the effectiveness of the military. The military, I'm sure, is filled with people who don't respect the person giving the orders. But in the heat of battle a failure to obey a command can cost lives.

And a retired Marine almost certainly shouldn't be obligated to respect an individual they disagree with even if they are president. There's a lot of ex military in this board. All of them criticize presidents they don't align with politically. Does that respect apply only if it involves the person you support? Because I see a lot of disrespect from those claiming to be ex military that hasn't been challenged to this point.

I agree that these players have the right to exercise their free speech. I think it is a mistake to kneel during the national Anthem. I also think that the rest of us have the right to exercise our view as well. For me I am offended by it. No NFL for me as long as this continues. I suggest these same players find another venue to express their concerns. I really think that long term this hurts them because this is not about Trump. This is about respect for our vets and those who gave all.

American sports and social/political issues have been entwined together since the likes of Jackie Robinson. I don't agree with the players kneeling during the anthem, but I respect their right to do so.

I imagine the anger you guys feel towards the players kneeling is similar to the anger that African Americans feel towards a Robert E Lee statue.

American sports and social/political issues have been entwined together since the likes of Jackie Robinson. I don't agree with the players kneeling during the anthem, but I respect their right to do so.

I imagine the anger you guys feel towards the players kneeling is similar to the anger that African Americans feel towards a Robert E Lee statue.

Most of them haven't a clue who Robert E Lee was. Probably think he is Spike Lee's brother.

Yes I'm sure you have a trump shrine you jerk off at every night. Talk about obsession. Good lord.

What?? You just can't help embarrassing yourself. Says the guy who continually introduces Trump topics. 9 months of endless predictions of Trumps demise and investigation (fruitless) outcomes. Seriously man, now you top it off with talking about another man jacking off??? You are an idiot and a sicko.

What this is really about is trumps dangerous disregard for the constitution. The Collin kapernick
story is old. What we are talking about today is the fact that trump stated in his opinion that you should be fired for speaking your mind. The only reason you are talking about it today. End of story.
You mean an excuse to protest? That is so weak.

It's the most popular sport in the U S. You're getting football ratings mixed up with those of cheetos.
Doesn't mean I have to watch it. I watch maybe half ass watch a game a week or every two weeks. Have it on in the background or watch out of the corner of my eye. Now, after today it will be less than that. I find the NFL to be quite boring most of the time. Throw in the political nonsense and spoiled whiny ass millionaires who make tons of money playing a game and I will find something else to do or watch. Just like the NBA and ESPN I have other stuff to do.

What are the morons protesting? The terrible country that affords them the opportunity to make a lot of money playing football? What else would most of them be doing? Morons.

F the NFL.

Last edited:
Doesn't mean I have to watch it. I watch maybe half ass watch a game a week or every two weeks. Have it on in the background or watch out of the corner of my eye. Now, after today it will be less than that. I find the NFL to be quite boring most of the time. Throw in the political nonsense and spoiled whiny ass millionaires who make tons of money playing a game and I will find something else to do or watch. Just like the NBA and ESPN I have other stuff to do.

What are the morons protesting? The terrible country that affords them the opportunity to make a lot of money playing football? What else would most of them be doing? Morons.

F the NFL.
Are you also giving the advertisers less of your money?

I don't recall anyone saying you had to watch it. While you whine about the whiny black millionaires, you never seem to mind the whiny white billionaires demanding another tax break. Matter of fact, I don't think I've ever heard you whine about the white millionaire NFL team owners of which the 5 wealthiest are worth 43 billion. It's those billionaires who are hiring those whiny black millionaires, so you should take it up with them.

I don't recall anyone saying you had to watch it. While you whine about the whiny black millionaires, you never seem to mind the whiny white billionaires demanding another tax break. Matter of fact, I don't think I've ever heard you whine about the white millionaire NFL team owners of which the 5 wealthiest are worth 43 billion. It's those billionaires who are hiring those whiny black millionaires, so you should take it up with them.
Two separate issues.

I'm not sure I agree with this, but it's an interesting point. I don't think being in the Marines or any branch of the service means you have to respect the president or your superior officers. The respect is for the position and the office.
You make a good point, and perhaps I didn't write my position as well as I should have. The Marine indicates that during his time of service, he learned to respect everybody, but yet, he doesn't practice what he preaches, when it comes to what he types out. You can view multiple examples within this given thread. Therefore, I feel he's at best, a hypocrite. Personally, I don't care if he doesn't respect anybody, including the President, but being an ex-Marine that drapes himself in the flag, I simply find it puzzling that he would voice disrespectful comments towards the commander-in-chief. I'm guessing he was 'with her', and is still butt hurt over what took place 10 months ago.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT